Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You can 3D print a working gun. What is needed is a .22short with 1/2 the powder so it bounces off the head rather than penetrate through bone.

A Ram-Set "ll do that ... aisle 21 at Home Depot ... on your right.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I take it your logic is "if we can't prevent 100% of guns from being made or imported, we shouldn't prevent any guns from being made and imported?"

I like that. It's the same logic as "we can't prevent or punish all murders, so murder shouldn't be illegal."

NO.

I'm talking about the situation in countries that already have tough gun control, where the state is talking about further attacks on legal gun ownership to supposedly have some effect on murder rates.

That is ridiculous.

It takes a small number of firearms to arm the criminal element and the criminal element can not be cut off from firearms, full stop.

So, once you have a system of licensing, after background checks and training, the (by definition) non-criminal users of guns should be left alone.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
LIE-berals are so absurd in their double talk and double dealing!!!!!

They are quite willing to IGNORE massive white collar fraud because fighting it would cut into their rapidly sinking supply of gravy!

OPIOID DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL- but fighting importation and manufacture and selling of such illegal drugs would also cut into LIE-beral supplies of gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So LIE-berals have hit on the idea of "safe injection sites" as a way to show their care and concern for people who are basically committing slow suicide with their addictions!!!!!!!!!!

WE also know that China has been indicted as a major supplier of fentanyl- yet Our idiot Boy Justin has already told us "he likes the way China govt gets things done"!!!

Of course Pierre Trudeau went a step further than his idiot Boy Justin- yes- Pierre went so far as to heap fawning praise on Chairman Mao for his "genius in rushing 30 million people to the gallows" during the disastrous Great Leap Forward economic plan!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
NO.

I'm talking about the situation in countries that already have tough gun control, where the state is talking about further attacks on legal gun ownership to supposedly have some effect on murder rates.

That is ridiculous.

It takes a small number of firearms to arm the criminal element and the criminal element can not be cut off from firearms, full stop.

So, once you have a system of licensing, after background checks and training, the (by definition) non-criminal users of guns should be left alone.
So, we're back to the "only career criminals commit murder" fantasy.

Yay.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So, we're back to the "only career criminals commit murder" fantasy.

Yay.

No.

But "career" criminals are much more apt to commit murder, in fact in Canada the 2.1 million licensed gun owners have a murder rate only1/3 that of the population at large. Imagine how many times larger the murder rate is among gang members.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
What do you do when you have tough gun laws and lots of violence?

There has to be an answer.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What do you do when you have tough gun laws and lots of violence?

There has to be an answer.
We should look to the root causes of the violence , to use the words of our illustrious PM . Do you think violent people , will stop being violent without guns ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No.

But "career" criminals are much more apt to commit murder, in fact in Canada the 2.1 million licensed gun owners have a murder rate only1/3 that of the population at large. Imagine how many times larger the murder rate is among gang members.

Was Justin Bourque a career criminal, inelgible to own a gun?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
in canada, knives are used more than firearms to murder. I don't see any initiative to restrict kitchen knives, nor should there be.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
in canada, knives are used more than firearms to murder. I don't see any initiative to restrict kitchen knives, nor should there be.

You are quite right. But banning useful household items because they might occasionally be misused is a non-sequitur. Guns were created to kill and that is what they do.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
You are quite right. But banning useful household items because they might occasionally be misused is a non-sequitur. Guns were created to kill and that is what they do.

we better ban warfarin, it was designed to kill, and has the potential to be occasionally misused.

mace is illegal in canada but bear spray is not. clearly my hunting rifle was only designed to kill food.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
we better ban warfarin, it was designed to kill, and has the potential to be occasionally misused.

mace is illegal in canada but bear spray is not. clearly my hunting rifle was only designed to kill food.

Now, you are equating humans with vermin.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Some rifles are designed for target shooting . Have you seen what they use in the olympics ?