Grizzly Bear fight

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
VIDEO: Grizzly bears fight along northern B.C. highway in rare footage

Cari McGillivray posted the head-turning video, shot near Stewart, B.C., to social media

A few short minutes of two grizzly bears fighting in northern B.C. recently is surely a rare moment Cari McGillivray won’t soon forget.
Lucky for the rest of us she was able to capture a bit of it on her camera.
McGillivray posted the video of what she saw to Facebook on Friday, showing two bears growling at each other along Highway 37 near Stewart, B.C.

The bears can be seen wrestling across the roadway, standing on their hind legs several times.
Turns out, the woman wasn’t the only one watching the two bears duel it out.
“Don’t normally post on here but thought I’d share this incredibly rare and amazing moment with all you guys of these grizzlies fighting!,” McGillivray writes.
“Keep a sharp eye out for the little wolf that is observing them in the distance.”

More: https://www.goldstreamgazette.com/n...ht-along-northern-b-c-highway-in-rare-footage

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
VIDEO: Grizzly bears fight along northern B.C. highway in rare footage

Cari McGillivray posted the head-turning video, shot near Stewart, B.C., to social media

A few short minutes of two grizzly bears fighting in northern B.C. recently is surely a rare moment Cari McGillivray won’t soon forget.
Lucky for the rest of us she was able to capture a bit of it on her camera.
McGillivray posted the video of what she saw to Facebook on Friday, showing two bears growling at each other along Highway 37 near Stewart, B.C.

The bears can be seen wrestling across the roadway, standing on their hind legs several times.
Turns out, the woman wasn’t the only one watching the two bears duel it out.
“Don’t normally post on here but thought I’d share this incredibly rare and amazing moment with all you guys of these grizzlies fighting!,” McGillivray writes.
“Keep a sharp eye out for the little wolf that is observing them in the distance.”

More: https://www.goldstreamgazette.com/n...ht-along-northern-b-c-highway-in-rare-footage

Mating ritual........? or not....?

Camera didn't follow them in the bush to see what happened there..... huh?

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man shot when wildlife officer fires gun at aggressive bear
Canadian Press
Published:
September 21, 2019
Updated:
September 21, 2019 9:30 PM EDT
(Postmedia file photo)
FORT SIMPSON, N.W.T. — RCMP in the Northwest Territories say a man in Fort Simpson was injured when a wildlife officer fired his weapon in response to an aggressive bear.
Police say in a news release they were called Friday to help the Environment and Natural Resources officer track the bear within the town’s boundary.
They say the ENR officer shot his gun “in response to the bear’s aggressive behavior,” and that shortly after, a man reported he’d been injured as a result of the shot.
He was transferred to Yellowknife with an injury that was not life-threatening.
The bear, meanwhile, was located and destroyed.
Police did not specify in the release if the man was near the bear when he was injured by the gun, and neither police nor the Environment and Natural Resources department could be reached for comment on Saturday.
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/man-shot-when-wildlife-officer-fires-gun-at-aggressive-bear

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Winnipeg man 'grateful to be alive' after bear attack near Rice Lake in Kenora
pdtechintegration
Published:
September 28, 2019
Updated:
September 28, 2019 3:54 PM EDT
Black bear. (Postmedia Network file photo)
The 69-year-old Winnipeg man attacked by a black bear while walking on Rice Lake Road Thursday morning is alive and resting in his Kenora cabin.
Dave Schwab suffered injuries on this thigh and arm. He said his leg was in a lot of pain but that he’s “very grateful to be alive.”
Schwab was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries and told paramedics he had been attacked by a black bear.
“I’ve been around this place for years and years and never had any problems with bears,” he told the Kenora Daily Miner and News Friday afternoon.
Schwab said the bear was stalking him as he walked down the road. He began walking backwards, looking at the bear who was seven or eight metres away from him. Then, the bear lunged, grabbing onto his thigh.
“I took my two thumbs and pushed down underneath his neck, on the soft spot,” he said.
The bear retreated, then attacked again, latching onto his arm. Schwab said he hit him in the snout with a large branch he’d been carrying, and the bear retreated again. He continued walking backwards on the towards his cabin, which he said was 50 to 75 metres away. The bear was still there.
In the distance, he noticed two construction workers working on a cabin nearby. He began calling for help, at which point he said they quickly got into their truck, pulled him in and drove him to the hospital in Kenora.
He didn’t disclose the name of the men, awaiting their approval to do so, but credited them with saving his life.
“Those guys are heroes,” he said.
According to Schwab, the Ministry of Natural Resources described what the bear was doing as “stalking.” Police say the bear that was responsible for the attack was killed.
“I hate see animals shot, but it had to happen,” said Schwab. “This was a rogue predatory bear. Once they get a taste of blood, they can’t stop.”
The MNR is continuing with the investigation.
Kenora OPP are reminding the public to use extreme caution when encountering bears.
If you see a bear call Bear Wise at 1-866-514-2327 or 911 for emergencies.
Non-emergency encounters include; a bear roams and checks garbage, breaks into shed where garbage or food is stored, pulls down bird feeder or moves through back yard.
If an emergency situation arrives call 911 immediately. Emergency situations include; a bear enters a school yard, enters or tries to enter residence, wanders into public gathering, stalks people and lingers, or kills livestock/pets.
http://torontosun.com/news/national...ve-after-bear-attack-near-rice-lake-in-kenora

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Winnipeg man survives bear attack in Ontario woods
Canadian Press
Published:
October 1, 2019
Updated:
October 1, 2019 2:45 PM EDT
Dave Schwab said he's never had a problem hiking through the Rocky Mountains (pictured left) in "grizzly bear country," but his latest encounter with a black bear (pictured right) in Kenora, Ont., was much more harrowing.Supplied / File Photo
KENORA, Ont. — A Winnipeg man says he is lucky to be alive after suffering severe bites from a bear that attacked him three times near his cottage in northwestern Ontario.
Dave Schwab, who is 69, says he was finishing his walk near Kenora last Thursday when he spotted a black bear about 100 metres ahead of him in some bushes.
Schwab, an experienced hiker, says he made noise and the bear seemed to walk away, but it didn’t leave the area and started following him before it attacked and bit his thigh and arm.
A kick to the bruin’s belly scared the animal away but it came at him twice more, only this time Schwab fended it off by clubbing it on the snout with a birch log and his foot.
Some contractors working on his cabin heard his calls for help and drove him to Kenora for treatment that included stitches to close some of his wounds.
Ontario Provincial Police say the bear believed responsible for the attack was found and put down.
Schwab said adrenaline is what kept him going during the attack.
“I don’t remember pain, I don’t remember fear, you’re just in desperation mode, its fight or flight,” he said.
“It’s a reminder to me of how thankful I am for life and how grateful I am to be alive.”
Schwab said he will continue to walk and hike near his cottage, but from now on he will carry bear spray.
A 62-year-old Minnesota woman was killed last month by a black bear on Rainy Lake, near Fort Frances, Ont.
http://torontosun.com/news/national/winnipeg-man-survives-bear-attack-in-ontario-woods

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Black Press is the name of the company that owns most of the small town newspapers in BC, pin head.
Doesn't matter what YOU say, it is, by your trumphating standards, racist.

Like the way you call trump a racist while trying to secure the border from a trumphater funded invasion, and while one third of the children he is trying to deal with at the border are rented...

what about the children at the border that are rented Cliffy?​

Since brown bears are so poorly represented here ( not to mention no polar bears or albino bears), I think this thread should be shut down, and I think cliffy should have his checks cut off and be barred from every social internet platform.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Poor Danny Boy, thinks I give a shit about his fractured ego. I guess the nurse hasn't come by with his meds yet.