Green MPs threatened to leave party if leadership race paused, email to party council says

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

Green MPs threatened to leave party if leadership race paused, email to party council says​

The Green Party's two MPs were both prepared to walk away from their party and sit as Independents if the federal council cancelled the party's leadership race, according to an email forwarded to CBC.

One of MP Mike Morrice's staff members sent three federal councillors a message Friday evening urging them not to suspend the leadership race.
We thought they were Green ... turns out to be mould :) The left will always eat itself if it's got nobody else to fight.

So the greens are all but dead, and it's unlikely they'll bounce back. The PPC is on the ropes, polling in the 1-2 percent range. Where do the protest votes go now?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Protest Votes? Rhinoceros Party still an option?
Sadly no. Which is a shame because i was all-in for their policies of building a bridge to hawaii to improve tourism and for the selling of billboard and adspace inside the house of commons and senate to raise funds to pay for them.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Green Party leadership candidates debate ahead of vote, respond to party disarray
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Nov 09, 2022 • 14 hours ago • 1 minute read • 15 Comments

OTTAWA — Candidates vying to helm Canada’s federal Green Party offered their visions for the party’s future — and their explanations for its disarray — during a leadership debate Wednesday night.

Elizabeth May, who is running on a joint ticket with Jonathan Pedneault, argued that she left the party in excellent shape when she resigned the leadership in 2019.

The B.C. MP warned that the party becomes less relevant the longer it goes without a leader who is in Parliament, and she can hit the ground running to help rebuild its reputation.

Chad Walcott, who is running on a joint ticket with Anna Keenan, said the party should elect new leadership and prove to Canadians that it can stand on its feet and not move backwards.

Sarah Gabrielle Baron said a battle of two egos at the top doesn’t make for a grassroots organization, and Simon Gnocchini-Messier argued that the media narrative of a party in disarray doesn’t jell with his experience.

But questions about the party’s viability hung heavy over the debate, which attracted an audience of fewer than 500 on Zoom, with all six candidates pledging to repair internal rifts.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
But questions about the party’s viability hung heavy over the debate, which attracted an audience of fewer than 500 on Zoom,
Wow. Well that about says it all.. The Green party is done as a serious party anymore. I mean they couldn't get more than 500 people interested in their leadership race. Honestly how do you come back from that. I think they'll be lucky to hover around the 2 percent of the vote range give or take a percent, mainly as a protest vote, but their days as a real party are done and other than lizzie's riding i suspect they'll start to lose their other seats and eventually won't be represented in parliament at all.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Federally the Green aren't really a contender for much anyway.

Locally, our Green MLA is amazing and I'll be voting for her again when the next election to kick Higgs out of office is (which can't be soon enough; he is REALLY being a total ass right now)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Federally the Green aren't really a contender for much anyway.

Locally, our Green MLA is amazing and I'll be voting for her again when the next election to kick Higgs out of office is (which can't be soon enough; he is REALLY being a total ass right now)
Good luck with that .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Is that a 6 pack each? or between the group? Cause if it is each I will either have some to sell, trade, or paint turdOWE pictures on and use for target practice.Or will my lack of desire to drink get me banned from the green party?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is that a 6 pack each? or between the group? Cause if it is each I will either have some to sell, trade, or paint turdOWE pictures on and use for target practice.Or will my lack of desire to drink get me banned from the green party?
Yes. Huge tax credits and $0.60 in bottle return.
I think the return is $0.10/bottle…so that would be “a” 6 pack to split.

As long as you disagree with at least 1/2 the people involved, and are against Jews in general it seems….you’ll qualify. Not sure why that matters but it seems consistent.