Government Making Vets Pay Back Bonuses?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Good thing to spread around just before the election. Hopefully people will see what a waste of skin hillary is.

Just more evidence that you aren't fiscally conservative. You actually believe people that get overpaid by the government don't have to pay it back.
You're pretty loose with the taxpayers purse

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Just more evidence that you aren't fiscally conservative. You actually believe people that get overpaid by the government don't have to pay it back.
You're pretty loose with the taxpayers purse

They weren't overpaid. They were paid. Period. They were told they would be paid. They accepted the pay. Why should they give it back?
They were also promised other rewards for their service, payment of debts was one.

I don't suppose if you were hired to do a job at a certain rate of pay that you would expect to have to repay it after you did the job.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They weren't overpaid. They were paid. Period. They were told they would be paid. They accepted the pay. Why should they give it back?
They were also promised other rewards for their service, payment of debts was one.

I don't suppose if you were hired to do a job at a certain rate of pay that you would expect to have to repay it after you did the job.

They did not qualify for the bonuses. Yes, they were lied to by the enlistment people. The bonuses were not for reupping, they were for new enlistments only.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Good thing to spread around just before the election. Hopefully people will see what a waste of skin hillary is.

Actually this took place during the Bush regime.

A more logical step here would be for those California officials who extended those payments illegally to pay it back themselves. Blaming Hillary would not appear to make much sense.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, this is Clinton's fault? Presumably the junior senator from New York is responsible for Pentagaon accounting?

Or maybe you're just delusional. Or can't read a calendar.

Your pay is in writing. Anybody who believes a recruiter's lies over what's on the paper receives a class in the School of Hard Knocks. And pays the tuition.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

According to the article, they were overpaid.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Recruiters are allowed to lie
which, when you think about it
really really sucks

Anytime the government lies...we pay
is that anything new?

"Those who know me or who have read my articles over the past eight years won't be surprised to hear that my top three pet peeves are (1) applicants who lie about their qualifications to get into the military, (2) recruiters who encourage them to lie and (3) recruiters who lie to applicants....

....However, military recruiting is a numbers game, pure and simple. Recruiter careers are made and broken based on whether or not they can meet their monthly quotas (called "goals" in the recruiting world). Keep in mind (depending on the service branch), most recruiters are non-volunteers. They never wanted the job in the first place, but -- once selected -- are told that the prospect of returning to their previous jobs after three or four years of recruiting duty with an unblemished service record depends primarily upon making their goals...."
https://www.thebalance.com/top-lies-some-recruiters-tell-3354054

there is your problem
government lies
want to know what else they do?

"Democide is the murder of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder. Democide is not necessarily the elimination of entire cultural groups but rather groups within the country that the government feels need to be eradicated for political reasons and due to claimed future threats."
https://politicalvelcraft.org/2013/...democide-death-by-bankers-usurped-government/

"U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans"
U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans | Foreign Policy
here is OUR other problem

"Senate Approves Bill that Legalizes Sodomy and Bestiality in U.S. Military"
Senate Approves Bill that Legalizes Sodomy and Bestiality in U.S. Military
there you go recruit...yer fikked!...ENJOY!!!!

"US Senate Approves Sex with Animals for Military Personnel"
US Senate Approves Sex with Animals for Military Personnel – Godfather Politics

So...there you go all you butt hurt Americans soldier boys and girls...
YOU are the heavenly virgins your government thinks it has died and gone to heaven to screw

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Tap the 1.8M Americans that are dead yet on the voters list first. As strongly as Trump feels about the Vets he will strike that and probably double the bonus or have it become a regular thing.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They weren't overpaid...

For the article YOU posted...

"... and slapped with interest charges, wage garnishments and tax liens if they refuse — after audits revealed widespread overpayments by the California Guard at the height of the wars last decade."

I know it's difficult but try not to be such a simpleton

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Some of you are either seeing different reports than I saw or interpreting them differently.
Is this the media lying again? I don't think so.

It doesn't matter when the bonuses were paid or by what adminstratiion. It is the NOW that government is demanding repayment that could have been addressed by Obama and is now passing into the hands of whatever new administration that takes over.

Unless someone is telling a lot of lies, government paid the bonuses to KEEP service personnel enlisted and to recruit new ones. Those men and women signed up, fulfilled their commitment and now are getting screwed.

Oddly enough, Trump's opponents have been trying to sell the story that Trump didn't pay his workers. Now the government is shown to have paid its workers and demanded the pay returned. Even if the stories about Trump were true, this is much worse.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I found this article more complete and informative. So unless you've decided to turn this into another Make America Great Again propaganda thread, I hope you find it enlightening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...soldiers-its-still-reviewing-what-to-do-next/

Nice how you said it doesn't matter what administration paid the bonuses, but it does matter that the Obama administration is dealing with it now.

Too bad you don't understand that the Obama administration tried to get the Republican-controlled Congress to act on this, and the Republicans refused.

That's OK, continue to live in your delusion. Ain't like you can vote anyhow.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Too bad you don't understand that the Obama administration tried to get the Republican-controlled Congress to act on this, and the Republicans refused.
I like how Obama gets all the credit when good things happen for the US but when bad things happen it's always the fault of the Republican-controlled Congress.

However, since the govt is soooo worried about overpayments to veterans, I suggest making Congress pay back all the money they made while refusing to do their f*cking jobs! Christ, that's the only job I know of where you get work breaks between your "vacations".

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Some of you are either seeing different reports than I saw or interpreting them differently.
Is this the media lying again? I don't think so.

It doesn't matter when the bonuses were paid or by what adminstratiion. It is the NOW that government is demanding repayment that could have been addressed by Obama and is now passing into the hands of whatever new administration that takes over.

Unless someone is telling a lot of lies, government paid the bonuses to KEEP service personnel enlisted and to recruit new ones. Those men and women signed up, fulfilled their commitment and now are getting screwed.

Oddly enough, Trump's opponents have been trying to sell the story that Trump didn't pay his workers. Now the government is shown to have paid its workers and demanded the pay returned. Even if the stories about Trump were true, this is much worse.

Did you not bother to read the article you posted?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I like how Obama gets all the credit when good things happen for the US but when bad things happen it's always the fault of the Republican-controlled Congress.
You really think that happens? Let's get you clued up, junior.

Whatever happens, half the people blame Obama and credit the Congress. The other half credit Obama and blame the Congress. The fact that you see only half of this says more about your perceptions and preconceptions (and personality) than it does about what goes on down hereabouts.

However, since the govt is soooo worried about overpayments to veterans, I suggest making Congress pay back all the money they made while refusing to do their f*cking jobs! Christ, that's the only job I know of where you get work breaks between your "vacations".
I'm sure now you'll tell us what Congress' jobs are. I guarantee it'll have nothing to do with what the Constitution says their jobs are.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I had one guy tell me he got a bill for a speeding ticket in Ontario tacked onto his AB drivers. The ticket was from 30 years ago.
Congrats on having a complete database, not so much on what you are doing with it.