Government Making Vets Pay Back Bonuses?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Good thing to spread around just before the election. Hopefully people will see what a waste of skin hillary is.

You do realize Clinton was not in charge of every single government department don't you? And did you know that the US Congress has been aware of this problem for two years and yet did nothing about it despite promises to correct it?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You do realize Clinton was not in charge of every single government department don't you? And did you know that the US Congress has been aware of this problem for two years and yet did nothing about it despite promises to correct it?
Give it up, Bar. No facts will ever sway a Trumpkin.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
"The enlistees should have known when they were not eligible for the bonus" - What's that about?

If you apply for a job and the boss tells you, 'If you take this job you'll get a bonus', how many of you would turn it down? How many would say, "Golly Gee, fella, I don't think I deserve a bonus"?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So, this is Clinton's fault? Presumably the junior senator from New York is responsible for Pentagaon accounting?

Or maybe you're just delusional. Or can't read a calendar.

Your pay is in writing. Anybody who believes a recruiter's lies over what's on the paper receives a class in the School of Hard Knocks. And pays the tuition.

I think once they wrote them the cheque, it ceases to be about lies. If it was a lie, why did they pay the bonus? Once they paid it, too bad so sad. Charge the recruiter with fraud and go after him/her for the money.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think once they wrote them the cheque, it ceases to be about lies. If it was a lie, why did they pay the bonus? Once they paid it, too bad so sad. Charge the recruiter with fraud and go after him/her for the money.
When I was in service, we were briefed that we might receive money to which we were not entitled, and we were briefed that the military could and would retrieve that money. We were advised to report any errors in payment.

Actually happened to a friend of mine. He was overpaid by about $14,000 one pay period (this was when a soldier's entire annual pay didn't add up to 14K). He just banked the 14K. It was more than a year before they came demanding it. He handed it over, and kept the $750 in interest it had earned.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
"The enlistees should have known when they were not eligible for the bonus" - What's that about?

If you apply for a job and the boss tells you, 'If you take this job you'll get a bonus', how many of you would turn it down? How many would say, "Golly Gee, fella, I don't think I deserve a bonus"?

Okay, I'll rephrase the question.
If a potential boss told you that you would get a bonus but after the job is done you will have to repay it. Would you accept it?
You'd have to be an idiot to go for a deal like that.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Okay, I'll rephrase the question.
If a potential boss told you that you would get a bonus but after the job is done you will have to repay it. Would you accept it?
You'd have to be an idiot to go for a deal like that.
Almost as big an idiot as you'd have to be to have any military experience at all and believe anything that wasn't in writing.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
For the article YOU posted...

"... and slapped with interest charges, wage garnishments and tax liens if they refuse — after audits revealed widespread overpayments by the California Guard at the height of the wars last decade."

I know it's difficult but try not to be such a simpleton

You must have really had a hard time in the military. Your bitterness is so obvious.