Good Grief. F'ing Moonbats

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
View attachment 17248
The intent is to make sure that politicians who enact climate emergency measures for residents are “walking the walk,” Fontaine said Wednesday.

“As I was filling out my financial disclosure form, it just got me thinking ‘why, if we’re under a climate emergency, are we not requesting our civic leaders to also report on our carbon emissions?’ Because while it is important to know what businesses I have shares in, I think it is equally as important to know whether I drive a Hummer or take five or six trips to Europe a year,” he said.
View attachment 17249
For example, Trudeau flew to Victoria, B.C., to promote his government’s budget and push the need to lower carbon emissions. The next day he was doing the same in Edmonton, Alberta, and then on Wednesday, he was in Laval, Que.

All of this is perfectly normal. However, what isn’t normal is how Trudeau turned around and flew across the country again to Vancouver, so he could spend part of the Easter weekend skiing in Whistler.

This isn’t about Trudeau taking a vacation; everyone, including politicians, is entitled to downtime with family, even in the middle of a world crisis. It’s good for the soul, it’s reinvigorating, and leaves you recharged when you get back to work.

The problem here is that if Trudeau really believed his own words, he would have rearranged this tour to go from Laval to Edmonton to Vancouver and then driven up the highway to the slopes at Whistler. Instead, he’s flying across the country again.

It becomes difficult to believe Trudeau, to take him seriously when his words and actions are worlds apart. It’s almost like he believes there is one set of rules for people at the top like him and another for the rest of us.

Let’s not forget that Trudeau hiked the carbon tax last April 1, as well, and the annual April Fools Carbon Tax increase is coming again soon.

Of course, little people pay the carbon tax, for themselves and for Trudeau’s travels. He doesn’t pay and won’t notice any cost increase, it just gets passed on to us.
All that makes it sound like he's a bad guy for lying and having one standard for himself and another for everyone else.

But the real criminals in this are the people who voted for him and continue to allow him to do this with no punishment.

And it's too late now - even if he's voted out at this point he has been in power long enough to reap the benefits and will be rich for the rest of his life if he does nothing more than speaking tours and running his 'charity'. There's nothing you can do to him to really punish him at this point.

Those people are terrible people, but will go to their graves believing they did the right thing because if they hadn't someone bad would have gotten in.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
All that makes it sound like he's a bad guy for lying and having one standard for himself and another for everyone else.
He’s just-in a product of his environment.
But the real criminals in this are the people who voted for him and continue to allow him to do this with no punishment.
People aren’t criminals for being fooled or foolish. Everyone gets one vote.
And it's too late now - even if he's voted out at this point he has been in power long enough to reap the benefits and will be rich for the rest of his life if he does nothing more than speaking tours and running his 'charity'. There's nothing you can do to him to really punish him at this point.
He started out rich, so he didn’t just become rich. This isn’t about wealth but hypocrisy.
Those people are terrible people, but will go to their graves believing they did the right thing because if they hadn't someone bad would have gotten in.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
People aren’t criminals for being fooled or foolish. Everyone gets one vote.
Sure they are. You MIGHT cut them some slack for the first time. Although it should have been obvious that he was entirely unsuited for the job by any reasonable standard.

But after? After we saw the corruption and such, and they voted for him anyway? If a person drives drunk knowing that's unsafe and kills someone in an accident, we call that a crime. If you are WILLFULLY negligent and fail to take reasonable steps to prevent something that is predictable then you are held to account for that.

So yeah. "allowing" yourself to be fooled and deliberately being foolish - crime.
He started out rich, so he didn’t just become rich. This isn’t about wealth but hypocrisy.
He didn't start out rich actually. He had a relatively small trust fund from his father, and of course while he was raised with tonnes of money he himself wasn't rich. He was well off, earned good income, and his speaking tours later on were certainly earning him good bucks. And he was famous and somewhat popular for that. But he still had to work to put food on the table.

But - he is much much richer now. He would not have to really work another day if he didn't want to. And he will barely have to work to make more money than most people dream of earning in a decade. And he's gone from being well known to world famous. He will hold a LOT of power due to his connections within the gov't. He will be able to use or sell that influence as he sees fit. We have given him that.

So he went from well off to rich. He went from slightly influential a little to powerful. ANd he's been rewarded for his corruption and abuse of power.

It's not about hypocrisy, it's about power and position and wealth. We have given him all three.

The law has always recognized if you hand a known murderer a knife and he stabs someone with it, you share some of that blame. The criminals here are the ones who chose not to punish him but to reward him for his bad behavior. You can hardly blame a criminal for being a criminal if you encourage him to be one.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is a Canadian criminal code offence for drinking and driving. Drinking and driving Makes you a criminal.

There is not a Canadian criminal code offence for voting for Trudeau, regardless how many times one votes for him, as long as it’s only once per election.

Reactions: petros

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
There is not a Canadian criminal code offence for voting for Trudeau, regardless how many times one votes for him, as long as it’s only once per election.
So your argument is that if we didn't have a criminal code specifically for raping children, there would be nothing inherently criminal about doing so without such a law.

Well. I guess you could look at it like that. Would you prefer i said 'villains' instead of 'criminals'? I kind of think personally that raping children would be wrong no matter what the title you used is but if you feel something different is appropriate because you can't point to a statute then sure, we can do that.

However - there are criminal codes against many of the things trudeau is believed to have done but we can't or won't charge him for at this time. And if someone aids a criminal then there are indeed criminal codes that address that. So - not as far off as you'd think.

And the fact you're trying to argue this on 'legal technicality' rather than the clear spirit it was written in speaks volumes.

But as you say - nobody is going to arrest you if you vote for Trudeau next election so if that's what you think is a moral and correct thing to do that's a choice you can make

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So your argument is that if we didn't have a criminal code specifically for raping children, there would be nothing inherently criminal about doing so without such a law.
Are you bent? Seriously? You’re equating people voting for Trudeau to raping children? Seriously? I’m not sure where you’re going here but you’re waaaay off on an incompressible tangent.
Well. I guess you could look at it like that. Would you prefer i said 'villains' instead of 'criminals'?
Voters voting for Trudeau might be foolish or delusional, but not villains or criminals.

This is back to you now:
I kind of think personally that raping children would be wrong no matter what the title you used is but if you feel something different is appropriate because you can't point to a statute then sure, we can do that.
However - there are criminal codes against many of the things trudeau is believed to have done but we can't or won't charge him for at this time. And if someone aids a criminal then there are indeed criminal codes that address that. So - not as far off as you'd think.
I’m not sure if you’ve picked this up over time because I’m kind of subtle that way…but I’m not exactly a Trudeau fanboy.
And the fact you're trying to argue this on 'legal technicality' rather than the clear spirit it was written in speaks volumes.
No, there’s criminality & there’s democracy. I wasn’t arguing anything & thought I was pointing out the obvious.

Quote thing isn’t working for me. This is you below again:
But as you say - nobody is going to arrest you if you vote for Trudeau next election so if that's what you think is a moral and correct thing to do that's a choice you can make

Now this is me: “What the Hell? Really?”

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Are you bent? Seriously? You’re equating people voting for Trudeau to raping children?
Are you stupid? Where did i say that raping children is the same as voting for trudeau? Nowhere. I pointed out that a bad thing is a bad thing whether there's a law or not. And you claim that's 'incomprehensible"?

I guess lying about what i said was easier than dealing with that.
Seriously? I’m not sure where you’re going here but you’re waaaay off on an incompressible tangent.
It's comprehensible to anyone over the age of five. A thing can be wrong without there being a specific law. It would still be 'criminal' to rape a child even if there was no specific law.

Why would you argue against that? If there was no law you'd think it was ok to rape a child? C'mon - don't tell me you can't 'comprehend' that. You obviously do.
Voters voting for Trudeau might be foolish or delusional, but not villains or criminals.
Sure they are. When you support criminal activity and empower people to do it then you are no better than them. And i noted legal precedence for that. Simply repeating an untruth doesn't make it true.
This is back to you now:

I’m not sure if you’ve picked this up over time because I’m kind of subtle that way…but I’m not exactly a Trudeau fanboy.
It's not relevant if you are or are not. Liking him isn't the issue. You could really like the guy but still decide you can't promote his illegal activity.
No, there’s criminality & there’s democracy. I wasn’t arguing anything & thought I was pointing out the obvious.
So - if we all vote to exterminate the jews..... no crime there? Because it's democracy? The neurenburg trials arrived at a different conclusion. And it turned out germany did have responsibility for it's crimes.
Quote thing isn’t working for me. This is you below again:

Now this is me: “What the Hell? Really?”
Yes - really. If you think it's a moral and correct thing to do to vote for the liberals after what they've done, nobody is going to arrest you, it's a choice you CAN make.

Are you saying you think that it's NOT a choice you can make or that you WILL get arrested? For heaven's sake man, conservatives aren't going to declare the emergency act and seize you or your bank account just because of your beliefs - that would be criminal. Wouldn't it.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Are you saying you think that it's NOT a choice you can make or that you WILL get arrested? For heaven's sake man, conservatives aren't going to declare the emergency act and seize you or your bank account just because of your beliefs - that would be criminal. Wouldn't it.
The hand of God could reach down today from the heavens and place a halo upon Justin’s brow, and I still probably wouldn’t vote for him at this point.

Here’s what I can say. Yesterday was a beautiful day in Saskatchewan, but once the sun dropped, the temperature dropped quickly, and it became extremely slippery out.

When I got home on the lunch hour shortly before I responded to the above post, I totally wiped out as I was getting out of my truck… but unfortunately I was holding onto the back of my seat and the door so I didn’t hit the ground. Legs went one way and body was held upright so all the torsional force got sucked up by my lower back. Good times.
1675982550758.jpeg
So I was admittedly, distracted as I was flipping through some posts at lunchtime, and that probably explains the issue I was having with the quote feature also.

Luckily, my girl put some of her Witchy Voodoo Oil on my back and surprisingly it’s not as bad as I suspected it would be four hours later….(amazing stuff by the way) So once I’m able to sit down with some food in my belly, and Tequila in my cup… I will read back a page or two, and see where I misinterpreted what you were trying to say.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It’s the Shit! She Makes it herself from scratch as one of her many side-gigs. Topically it’s not mind altering and a local anaesthetic. Taken internally (in a capsule) it’s a slow relaxing ride that knocks two decades off your aches & pains for an evening of Netflix, etc…but baked into something like cookies or brownies, gummy bears or gummy bricks, etc…(maybe somebody here with a more scientific mind can explain it) & I think something happens in the baking process temperature wise, it’s a recreational rocket ship to the moon!!

Shame it’s a school night (Thursday today) or she could make me forget that I had a back, let alone an unhappy back.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
.Luckily, my girl put some of her Witchy Voodoo Oil on my back and surprisingly it’s not as bad as I suspected it would be four hours later….(amazing stuff by the way) So once I’m able to sit down with some food in my belly, and Tequila in my cup… I will read back a page or two, and see where I misinterpreted what you were trying to say.
I still need to return that roll on thingie. I keep forgetting.

PS...I needed up downing the goo and slept 12hrs.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
On April 1, the carbon tax will be set at $65 per metric tonne. We are slowly marching towards a carbon tax of $170 per metric tonne, by 2030, which is more than double what it is today.

Yet so far, not one study has looked at how the carbon tax will be impacting food affordability in Canada. Not one.