Good Grief. F'ing Moonbats

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The five arrests came after three people locked themselves into a concrete structure in the middle of an intersection near the downtown entrance to the Burrard Street Bridge, and two others were for other related conduct.

Those who locked-down attached themselves to a specially-constructed concrete block that allows activists to release themselves as they choose but is impossible for anyone else – such as law enforcement – to detach them unless they destroy the structure.

“The activists released themselves after three hours, and were promptly arrested,” reads a statement from Extinction Rebellion.

According to the Vancouver Police Department, the activists freed themselves after Vancouver Fire Rescue Services came to the scene to cut them out of the structure.

Vancouver Police Department’s Sgt. Steve Addison alleges the other two people were arrested after laying down in the road, and that all of them were taken to jail. But Extinction Rebellion’s communications coordinator Sara Hall says only one person laid down on the road, and that the other was directing traffic around the blockade – and was released on-site.

“One (person), who was directing traffic, was arrested unlawfully and quickly released. The other was arrested for lying down in the intersection in solidarity and refusing to leave,” reads the Extinction Rebellion press release sent by Hall.

The protest group says those who were arrested were treated roughly by police.
"The protest group says those who were arrested were treated roughly by police."
Waaaaaaaa. Right as they fought the police kicking and screaming all the way I bet. I pity the police that have to deal with these mindless turds.

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is all because Big Oil bribed the politicians to bury the jet engine that runs on happy thoughts and good karma. . .
I thought it was Unicorn Farts & Wishful thinking….maybe it’s an alternative fuels jet engine?

(If it was David Suzuki’s antique bus we where talk’n about, I think that one runs on Whale Blubber & the life force of baby Seals)

Reactions: Mowich and petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
David Suzuki was the inventor of the 75 mpg carburetor. Dumb ass should have had the foresight to invent the 200mpg fuel injector.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So….we’re coming up on COP27 soon…

While global greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and Europe scrambles to find adequate supplies of natural gas — a fossil fuel — for winter, the United Nations is poised to hold yet another of its tone-deaf global gabfests on climate change.

From Nov. 6 to 18, 2,000 speakers and 35,000 participants are expected to pour into the tourist mecca of Sharm-el Sheikh in Egypt for what’s formally known as COP 27 — the 27th annual meeting of the UN’s Conference of the Parties, ostensibly to fight climate change.

Federal Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault will lead the Canadian delegation on an issue that should be of no small concern to Canadian taxpayers, given that the Trudeau government has committed more than $100 billion to the cause to date.

At this year’s UN climate summit, developing countries will be making a major push for more financial reparations from developed nations like Canada, beyond the billions of dollars already committed, for the damage to their countries caused by climate change.

Their argument is that the vast majority of emissions affecting climate change have historically come from developed nations, etc…

In the real world, the UN’s top-down approach to addressing climate change is in shambles, marked by more than a quarter century of failures going back to the first COP conference in Berlin, Germany in 1995.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has demonstrated how pointless emission targets set by the UN during these annual carbon dioxide-spewing treks to the world’s vacation hotspots are.

Putin’s cut of natural gas exports to Europe in retaliation for western sanctions imposed on Russia because of its invasion of Ukraine, has sent prices soaring as winter approaches, increasing the demand for natural gas to heat homes.

In addition, countries like Germany are firing up abandoned coal-powered energy plants — coal being the most carbon dioxide intensive fossil fuel when burned compared to natural gas which is the least intensive — to get through the winter with adequate supplies of electricity.

The UN’s approach to addressing climate change has become a textbook example of the definition of insanity — doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

These annual global gabfests with their giant carbon footprints and with global celebrities flying in on private jets to be seen as caring about the planet, send out the worst possible message when it comes to addressing climate change — hypocrisy.

It’s time they were scrapped. Someone needs to tell the UN about video conferencing.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Id like to hear of a few examples of alleged damage.
Sea levels are rising, and falling, twice a day now I hear, catastrophically at times.

Have you heard of the Bay of Fundy? It’s extreme. Hot places are getting hotter and cold places are getting colder, and windy places are getting windier. Sunny places are getting sunnier, and hilly places are getting hillier, etc…

I think we need a third carbon tax on top of the second one that’s coming in on top of the first one that keeps increasing on Canada annually April Fools Day to make it all level out and save the Coca Cola Polar Bears.
1667100693265.jpeg
Seriously though, sorry but right now I’m more concerned about winter coming and the cost involved in keeping commodities moving so I can pay to heat our home and commute daily & maybe even sneak in a vacation this year. Might sound self-centred but it’s real & I doubt I’m along in this thought process at this point.

We don’t have to be pigs about the environment, but everything in moderation or there’s going to be blowback, minimally or to the….other end of the spectrum. Squeeze people too much too fast and the reaction might not be what the social engineers want or expect. We’ve come a long way and we’ve got a long way to go yet.
1667101029010.jpeg
Technology will catch up and thought processes will evolve. Littering in the ‘70’s vs littering today is looked at very differently for example. Right now we’re in the middle of a progression but push too hard too quickly and there will be a push back….& it might be very ugly. Let’s see what happens with Europe this Winter and then reassess things in the Spring.

P.S. Yes I own a post hole Auger, and no I’m not draining my oil in the backyard ‘cuz the times have changed & we know better now.
1667101758348.jpeg

P.P.S. This is part of the reason that Beau’s shelves bother me. Come on guy!!
1667102685252.jpeg
…& this is how this bench is mostly legless:
1667108460601.jpeg
(Just imagine the 16’ long shelving creating 64’ of storage off the floor)

Attachments

• 1667108400468.png
    1667108400468.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ah yes. We need to give money to the polar bears so they can stay as carnivores instead of reverting to omnivores all while you are being cajoled into being a herbivore.

Robust! Are 16ft 2x4s sustainable?

Where is your can of helium and stuffed toys?

Wait a second, is that a rubber chicken next to the mini fridge in the left hand corner of the 2nd photo?

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Robust! Are 16ft 2x4s sustainable?
I think so depending on who’s definition you use. I believe I’ve improved the structural integrity of the building as a whole with those shelves & the “L” bench tied into them.
Wait a second, is that a rubber chicken next to the mini fridge in the left hand corner of the 2nd photo?
Porcelain Heron. Long story. Garden ornament. Lisa is into eclectic stuff. It can hide in the middle of the garden plot between the tomatoes & other stuff part way through the growing season, but it’s potentially fragile so it’s got a winter home.
1667138822326.jpeg
This is further into the growing season & part of our effort into carbon sequestration:
1667139007104.jpeg

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Shit, never thought about it until now. I have a hand crank weed trimmer I could have lent her. It saves a tonne of time and no cramped hands.

Oh hell yeah the bench rigids up the wall considerably giving a second point of contact with the floor to carry the weight and any lateral sheer forces from heavy winds.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh hell yeah the bench rigids up the wall considerably giving a second point of contact with the floor to carry the weight and any lateral sheer forces from heavy winds.
The benches & shelving are built “out from the wall” instead of “up from the floor” so it’s a different approach. Tying the front “L” bench on the west wall directly to the shelving that runs the full length of that south wall created a continuous support that transfers force on the benches back and down to a horizontal beam against the floor. Figured “I’m only doing this once” so it’s going to be ridiculously overbuilt & then cleanly hidden.
1667141666467.jpeg

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Being sheeted on the interior is a biggie too. My garage is 2x6 with 4" R20 blue styrofoam glued into place between the studs. There are no nails. Its screwed and glued together with #8s and PL. It should last 100 years or more.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Being sheeted on the interior is a biggie too. My garage is 2x6 with 4" blue styrofoam glued into place between the studs. There are no nails. Its screwed and glued together with #8s and PL. It should last 100 years or more.
Nice! Baring fire, it’s doable. Issue thinking that far ahead is the city “adding more layers” as they repair alleys, & in 100 years that alley (in layers like an onion) might end up 6” or more higher than it is today. It might end up higher than your garage floor.

Here’s a hidden touch. The one leg visible that is on the L bench is completely boxed back to the wall, ‘cuz it’s the future home of a bench vise/anvil…so built & buried according. It’s like it’s not even there.
1667142353113.jpeg
There should be zero bounce at that point.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I put down 24" of type 32 base before pouring the pad so Im pretty damn high up from the height of the alley
Nice! I didn’t think that far ahead… and it was in hindsight that I started paying attention to the older garages in the neighborhood….& The height of their floors compared to the increasing height of the alleys overtime…I will be good through at least my lifetime though but somebody’s gonna have a problem at some point in the future.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nice! I didn’t think that far ahead… and it was in hindsight that I started paying attention to the older garages in the neighborhood….& The height of their floors compared to the increasing height of the alleys overtime…I will be good through at least my lifetime though but somebody’s gonna have a problem at some point in the future.
My alley was paved only 4 or 5 years ago and they dug down deep.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
At some point they will dig up the alley. Presumably all your services are in the alley and will need replacement within the next 100 years.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
At some point they will dig up the alley. Presumably all your services are in the alley and will need replacement within the next 100 years.
Water comes in from the Front, & Sewer exits from the Front (not alley). Gas (Natural Gas) comes in from the alley, & the phone & cable & power come from the Alley side on above ground (poles and lines).

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
"The protest group says those who were arrested were treated roughly by police."
Waaaaaaaa. Right as they fought the police kicking and screaming all the way I bet. I pity the police that have to deal with these mindless turds.
This is all because Big Oil bribed the politicians to bury the jet engine that runs on happy thoughts and good karma. . .
I thought it was Unicorn Farts & Wishful thinking….maybe it’s an alternative fuels jet engine?

(If it was David Suzuki’s antique bus we where talk’n about, I think that one runs on Whale Blubber & the life force of baby Seals)
David Suzuki was the inventor of the 75 mpg carburetor. Dumb ass should have had the foresight to invent the 200mpg fuel injector.
1675946732190.jpeg
The intent is to make sure that politicians who enact climate emergency measures for residents are “walking the walk,” Fontaine said Wednesday.

“As I was filling out my financial disclosure form, it just got me thinking ‘why, if we’re under a climate emergency, are we not requesting our civic leaders to also report on our carbon emissions?’ Because while it is important to know what businesses I have shares in, I think it is equally as important to know whether I drive a Hummer or take five or six trips to Europe a year,” he said.
1675947618805.jpeg
For example, Trudeau flew to Victoria, B.C., to promote his government’s budget and push the need to lower carbon emissions. The next day he was doing the same in Edmonton, Alberta, and then on Wednesday, he was in Laval, Que.

All of this is perfectly normal. However, what isn’t normal is how Trudeau turned around and flew across the country again to Vancouver, so he could spend part of the Easter weekend skiing in Whistler.

This isn’t about Trudeau taking a vacation; everyone, including politicians, is entitled to downtime with family, even in the middle of a world crisis. It’s good for the soul, it’s reinvigorating, and leaves you recharged when you get back to work.

The problem here is that if Trudeau really believed his own words, he would have rearranged this tour to go from Laval to Edmonton to Vancouver and then driven up the highway to the slopes at Whistler. Instead, he’s flying across the country again.

It becomes difficult to believe Trudeau, to take him seriously when his words and actions are worlds apart. It’s almost like he believes there is one set of rules for people at the top like him and another for the rest of us.

Let’s not forget that Trudeau hiked the carbon tax last April 1, as well, and the annual April Fools Carbon Tax increase is coming again soon.

Of course, little people pay the carbon tax, for themselves and for Trudeau’s travels. He doesn’t pay and won’t notice any cost increase, it just gets passed on to us.