Good Grief. F'ing Moonbats

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
On April 1, the carbon tax will be set at $65 per metric tonne. We are slowly marching towards a carbon tax of $170 per metric tonne, by 2030, which is more than double what it is today.

Yet so far, not one study has looked at how the carbon tax will be impacting food affordability in Canada. Not one.
Well to bbe fair , Trudeau needs the revenue to fund his lavish lifestyle .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
1693012362806.jpeg
The intent is to make sure that politicians who enact climate emergency measures for residents are “walking the walk,” Fontaine said Wednesday.
The more things change (for the elites), the more we see the same. Nothing shows your commitment to climate change like jetting across the country and lecturing others.

Once again, that’s what Justin Trudeau is doing as he flies from Ottawa to Charlottetown and back, then on to Vancouver for a brief stop at an environmental conference before heading to two fundraisers.
“As I was filling out my financial disclosure form, it just got me thinking ‘why, if we’re under a climate emergency, are we not requesting our civic leaders to also report on our carbon emissions?’ Because while it is important to know what businesses I have shares in, I think it is equally as important to know whether I drive a Hummer or take five or six trips to Europe a year,” he said.
It’s all good though, because Trudeau says the right words and backs a carbon tax even if it has done nothing to lowering Canada’s carbon emissions.

“We’re continuing to show leadership on climate,” Trudeau said this week.

He went on to say he’s coming up with solutions while Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre wants to cut the carbon tax that is helping drive up prices. He accused Poilievre of trying to instill fear in Canadians, as opposed to what Trudeau does when he attacks his opposition with false claims and his own brand of fear.
1693012394859.jpegFor example, Trudeau flew to Victoria, B.C., to promote his government’s budget and push the need to lower carbon emissions. The next day he was doing the same in Edmonton, Alberta, and then on Wednesday, he was in Laval, Que.
Maybe it’s the housing crisis. Maybe it’s the somewhat-related affordability crisis. Maybe it’s Canadians growing tired of a politician who takes just the right tone to say just the right thing but then never delivers or lives the exact opposite way of what he demands of the rest of us.

Trudeau was just in British Columbia last week, for most of it he was on a family vacation but he was also taking meetings and working. If Trudeau were a man as concerned with climate change as he claims, as concerned with lowering his own emissions as he is lowering yours, he would have scheduled the $1,700 per person fundraiser on either side of his vacation.
All of this is perfectly normal. However, what isn’t normal is how Trudeau turned around and flew across the country again to Vancouver, so he could spend part of the Easter weekend skiing in Whistler.
Instead, he’s jetting across the country to collect money from donors where he will no doubt wax poetically about his efforts on climate change. Don’t let his brief appearance at the environmental conference fool you that he had to be in Vancouver on this date or that his presence is vital.
This isn’t about Trudeau taking a vacation; everyone, including politicians, is entitled to downtime with family, even in the middle of a world crisis. It’s good for the soul, it’s reinvigorating, and leaves you recharged when you get back to work.
Trudeau is scheduled to deliver remarks at 4 p.m. (PT) before driving a few minutes up the street to the swanky Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for the first of two receptions listed on the Liberal website starting at 5 p.m. (PT).

Don’t worry, flying out to this event will expand Trudeau’s carbon footprint dramatically, but he supports a carbon tax, which doesn’t really matter. In it’s four years of existence, the carbon tax hasn’t lowered emissions, it’s just enriched government coffers.
The problem here is that if Trudeau really believed his own words, he would have rearranged this tour to go from Laval to Edmonton to Vancouver and then driven up the highway to the slopes at Whistler. Instead, he’s flying across the country again.
As with before the carbon tax, the only time carbon emissions fall in a significant way is when economic activity falls. Canada saw a dramatic drop in carbon emissions in the 2008-09 period when the economy tanked and again in 2020 when the world shut down for COVID, but it is steadily rising again.

When politicians tell you to pay more so that emissions will drop and they don’t, when politicians tell you they will make housing and your life more affordable and they don’t, when those same politicians tell you they will run an ethical government and they don’t, eventually the public will catch on, or become tired of seeing you, as they do with all political leaders.
It becomes difficult to believe Trudeau, to take him seriously when his words and actions are worlds apart. It’s almost like he believes there is one set of rules for people at the top like him and another for the rest of us.
That’s where Justin Trudeau is right now, but whether he realizes that as he flies 40,000 feet above us from event to event is another question.
Let’s not forget that Trudeau hiked the carbon tax last April 1, as well, and the annual April Fools Carbon Tax increase is coming again soon.

Of course, little people pay the carbon tax, for themselves and for Trudeau’s travels. He doesn’t pay and won’t notice any cost increase, it just gets passed on to us.
Trudeau has always been a do as I say, not as I do politician, the difference now is that it might be catching up to him. The latest poll from Abacus Data has the Conservatives leading the Liberals nationally with 38% support to 26%.

Poll after poll in the last several months has shown decreasing Liberal support to the point where Trudeau’s party doesn’t lead in voter support in a single region of the country. The Conservatives have a solid lead among men, have recently taken the lead among women and lead in every region except Quebec.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How dare anybody ever think beyond next week! TREASON!

I agree about the jet-setting. Not a good look. But money has its favorites.
So….we’re coming up on COP27 soon…

While global greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and Europe scrambles to find adequate supplies of natural gas — a fossil fuel — for winter, the United Nations is poised to hold yet another of its tone-deaf global gabfests on climate change.

From Nov. 6 to 18, 2,000 speakers and 35,000 participants are expected to pour into the tourist mecca of Sharm-el Sheikh in Egypt for what’s formally known as COP 27 — the 27th annual meeting of the UN’s Conference of the Parties, ostensibly to fight climate change.

Federal Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault will lead the Canadian delegation on an issue that should be of no small concern to Canadian taxpayers, given that the Trudeau government has committed more than $100 billion to the cause to date.

At this year’s UN climate summit, developing countries will be making a major push for more financial reparations from developed nations like Canada, beyond the billions of dollars already committed, for the damage to their countries caused by climate change.

Their argument is that the vast majority of emissions affecting climate change have historically come from developed nations, etc…

In the real world, the UN’s top-down approach to addressing climate change is in shambles, marked by more than a quarter century of failures going back to the first COP conference in Berlin, Germany in 1995.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has demonstrated how pointless emission targets set by the UN during these annual carbon dioxide-spewing treks to the world’s vacation hotspots are.

Putin’s cut of natural gas exports to Europe in retaliation for western sanctions imposed on Russia because of its invasion of Ukraine, has sent prices soaring as winter approaches, increasing the demand for natural gas to heat homes.

In addition, countries like Germany are firing up abandoned coal-powered energy plants — coal being the most carbon dioxide intensive fossil fuel when burned compared to natural gas which is the least intensive — to get through the winter with adequate supplies of electricity.

The UN’s approach to addressing climate change has become a textbook example of the definition of insanity — doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

These annual global gabfests with their giant carbon footprints and with global celebrities flying in on private jets to be seen as caring about the planet, send out the worst possible message when it comes to addressing climate change — hypocrisy.

It’s time they were scrapped. Someone needs to tell the UN about video conferencing.
On the United Nations’ official website for this month’s COP28 climate conference in Dubai, about four hours by plane from Gaza, the countdown is underway. At about the time this column was published, the official UN wait time for the opening of COP28 would have been 28 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes and 12 seconds.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Warfare is terribly polluting and adds tons and tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere.

Maybe we should outlaw it.
Or just tax it, with annual increases on April 1st of each year, until it becomes an inescapable expense so that nations eventually can’t afford to fight wars, but intrudes into many of their other financial obligations….& just keep taxing it with further increases annually, perpetually….which will lead to prosperity and brotherhood for everybody?

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Or just tax it, with annual increases on April 1st of each year, until it becomes an inescapable expense so that nations eventually can’t afford to fight wars, but intrudes into many of their other financial obligations….& just keep taxing it with further increases annually, perpetually….which will lead to prosperity and brotherhood for everybody?
Ah, you're charmingly old-fashioned and naive!

We'll BORROW it!

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was thinking the same thing!!! Just replace the words “Climate Change” or “Climate Crisis” with “Gods” or “The Gods” & rhetoric makes me thing of the Olmec or Mayan cultures in their hay day.

Instead of demanding Virgins into Volcanoes though, it’s demanding we empty our pockets while destroying our livelihoods & our ability to survive in our modern society…..into wealth transfer schemes where the wealthy & powerful can exert control over the masses while taking a skim of the tribute to The Gods…I mean Climate Crisis.
Well, it’s that time of year again, and we’re not openly in a global pandemic this time around, where the rich & powerful all fly to a foreign land on their hundreds of private jets or sail their yachts, etc…so they can decide further policy for the peons and peasants to reduce their carbon footprint…
1701347605609.jpegTypically, while countries negotiate toward largely toothless international agreements that set targets and standards for emissions reductions, they play up their domestic accomplishments to the tens of thousands of attendees – environmental activists, industrial lobbyists, bankers, celebrities – at the sprawling tradeshow-like event surrounding the formal talks.
1701349340192.jpeg
This year COP28 will take place in Dubai and is being hosted by Sultan Ahmed al-Jaber, a politician who serves as CEO of the UAE’s national oil company.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government is limping into COP28, the pillars of its climate-change strategy wobbling, as public support turns against it.
If you’re attending COP28 UAE you are committing to climate action. And action builds hope. You are an integral part of the ambition to make this COP a decisive moment of change. From leading global discussions on how to keep 1.5˚ within reach, to listening and learning from fresh insight on the energy transition, there’s an astonishing array of events - from the arts, to culture, self-guided tours and various hubs throughout the two weeks. All suited to the diverse, empowering visitors.
1701349701046.jpeg
The African Group of Negotiators (AGN), which is currently chaired by Zambia, will speak for the continent at the COP28 talks in Dubai. AGN will focus on, according to chief negotiator Ephraim Shitima, are a just energy transition and climate change finance, including funding for adaptation.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Tough to get the yachts into Winterpeg that time of year, they would have to dredge out the Red River much deeper to accommodate the larger ocean going vessels, create a harbour for them to park, all in an ecologically, friendly manner, etc…
Shouldn't there have been open water year round by 1998 on Lake Winnipeg?

Gimli Beach has a yacht club.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm not sure.
I heard it from a guy up at Split Lake MB yesterday.

(Organizing delivery of an RV from a Weyburn dealer. Last Cell service ends at Thompson…so my driver will check in with Split Lake from Thompson & if they haven’t seen him in 2&1/2hrs… then they will come looking for him.)

Sorry, Gilliam, not Gimli. My bad.
1701393904201.jpeg
1701393997930.jpeg
….anyway….Thursday’s moves by Ontario First Nations and Saskatchewan, which challenge Ottawa’s consumer carbon-pricing regime that took effect in 2019, coincide with the start of COP28, the global conference on climate change. A significant Canadian delegation will be at the summit in the United Arab Emirates.

First Nations in Ontario allege in court documents that Canada’s carbon-pricing regime leaves their communities worse off than others in the country, violating the principles of reconciliation as well as their constitutional rights.

“We don’t have any objection to climate action,” Abram Benedict, Grand Chief for the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, said in an interview. “But we do have an objection to how this is being arbitrarily placed on our communities who are already in very difficult situations.”

The federal government has long argued that a majority of consumers recoup the costs of the carbon levy through an income-tax rebate. But many First Nations members living on reserves do not pay income tax and cannot access the rebates. This, the court document states, places an unfair burden on First Nations people.

(I would trade all the carbon tax rebate crumbs from the NDP/Libs in a Heartbeat for Income Tax Exception but that’s just me I guess)

First Nations administrations in Ontario receive a group rebate of 0.7 per cent of the carbon levy collected in the province, which the Chiefs of Ontario and Attawapiskat argue is not enough to offset what their members pay. Mr. Benedict, who oversees the environment portfolio for the Chiefs of Ontario, said First Nations should be reimbursed for EVERY dollar they spend on federal carbon pricing….& personally…I’m totally down for this….for everyone!!!

The federal government has argued that the purpose of putting a price on carbon is to influence behaviour, prompting consumers to make choices that will, in turn, reduce emissions….
like not heating their homes in the winter, or not purchasing food or goods, or not going to work because that involves a commute, etc…viable behavioural modifying choices.

The court document, however, notes First Nations communities are often remote or short on infrastructure, leaving them without viable alternatives, such as access to cleaner-burning fuels or public transportation….like the rest of Canada outside of 1 million+ population centres that aren’t gifted with access to hydropower or existing nuclear capacity.

Totally get it! Try to exist in a Trudeau world in one of Canada’s two landlocked provinces. Seriously.

“Choices that are not available to be made are not in fact choices at all,” the court filing says, adding this leaves First Nations people exposed to escalating costs as carbon pricing increases.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The main problem I see with these get-togethers is they are all globalists, while most of us are nationalists to varying degrees.
I break mine down as follows: My community, My island, My province, Rest of Canada, Everyone else descending by distance.
There is no chance of a marriage between nationalists and globullists.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The main problem I see with these get-togethers is they are all globalists, while most of us are nationalists to varying degrees.
I break mine down as follows: My community, My island, My province, Rest of Canada, Everyone else descending by distance.
There is no chance of a marriage between nationalists and globullists.
Globalism died Feb 24 2022.