G8/g20 ?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Avro [B said:
You think, or know?[/B]

Fact is, nobody knows, that's why the Tories were found in contempt.

How does the opposition vote on a spending bill when they don't know the real costs?

The only thing anybody knows is that there are no certainies in life, but sometimes we have to take chances. Life's a bitch!

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
$60 Billion.........Really? I think whatever the cost it's to be spread over a couple of decades. How much do you think we should spend on National defense?

My beef with this isn't that the money is being spent on National Defense, but HOW this government spends money on National Defense.

1) Any large defense contract should go through a bidding process. Circumventing this process opens it up to abuses, such as awarding the contract to friends. Also, it means that the decision was made without considering all the options or giving all defense contractors a chance to make a proposal. Shouldn't Bombardier (a Canadian company) have a chance to bid on a multi-billion defense contract and create jobs in Canada? Also, I would prefer that Canadian companies make Canadian weapon systems as i don't 100% foreign countries including the US. They could embed spyware or remote disable capabilities.

2) The opposition has a right/duty to oversee the process. The conservatives have blocked opposition access to the information regrading this contract, which is one of the reasons the opposition voted to find the Conservatives in contempt of Parliament. Also, the way it was done makes me extremely suspicious that the conservatives are trying to hide something. I would be extremely surprised if this contract did not include some sort of kickbacks or nepotism.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
G20/G8 summit opponents infiltrated by police - *News - MSN CA - Is this still going on?
..Is Like a bad " B "Theatre Movie/Play...You just wish would end, but won't leave .Cuz it cost so much to get in.

The Gov/Security knew every group attending .

G8/ G20 Meetings ...What do you think about them? ..Are the really necessary ?

Is the 1 billion dollar price tag worth it ? or just Conservative money diversion and Paranoia ?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/g8-g20/news/g8g20-security-bill-to-approach-1-billion/article1580865/

Doesn't sound very conservative to me...

We are Canada, home of the peaceful ...Why all the security ?

Metro - G20 security forces analyze bank firebombing, offer help to police investigators - Anarchists blow up Bank ...Hmmm ..

- Here's a tip .... Look for the guys wearing the black face masks...Might save a buck or two

Conspiracy theory --- I sometimes wonder if "The powers that be " and Undercover security workers don't just stir up all their own theatre to justify their relevance ...to Make a scene...You know ...as a detourant...yet at the same time "They" still want everyone to come...:?:8O

I wonder what would happen if activists /protesters and all the likes just never showed up at the G8/G20 meetings?.. Just boycotted the meetings altogether.?

Now That would make for some interesting news ..

Do Protests and these Big "G" meetings/ gatherings really ammount to anything substantial ?

What progress has ever come out of a G 8/ 20 meeting ?

And finally ....After everything ...Do "They" really care what the people think?

Stretch 's thread ...more specifically , The George Carlin stand up video he posted there, said it best ....

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/92463-its-called-ther-american-dream.html

YouTube - George Carlin ~ Owners of the country

--------------------------------------------------------

" In " us and "through" us "they" live ...8O;-):smile:

Peace

-------------------------------------------------------

Date of Post above ..May 31st, 2010

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
If you have no $$...It's still alright to be social ..Is Democracy..

( If I didn't know any better Petros ..I would think You were posting Just to Perturb ) ...

.. No matter...

It is Bedtime for Bonzo ...

Now..

So ..I say again, Petros ...

Good Day 2 U ....( and 2 all )

( For Now)

Peace..;):)

Last edited: