Friends

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Do you folks realize how unique the Canadian/American relationship is? Do you realize how lucky we are to be side by side? This is extraordinary good luck for both countries. I wonder if Canadians realize what a reservoir of good feelings there are for them in America? As someone with familial ties on both sides of the border...I just love you guys.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Do you folks realize how unique the Canadian/American relationship is? Do you realize how lucky we are to be side by side? This is extraordinary good luck for both countries. I wonder if Canadians realize what a reservoir of good feelings there are for them in America? As someone with familial ties on both sides of the border...I just love you guys.
I love you guys too!!!

Spread the word brother!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's about freaking time we had a thread in the political forums with a positive message. Well done, if I could rep the OP again I would!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Do you folks realize how unique the Canadian/American relationship is? Do you realize how lucky we are to be side by side? This is extraordinary good luck for both countries.
Um, it's not luck, it's geography. lol
I wonder if Canadians realize what a reservoir of good feelings there are for them in America? As someone with familial ties on both sides of the border...I just love you guys.
Ditto. :D

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I can remember visiting family in Edmonton when I was a little kid. We decided to return home by way of Banff and Lake Louise. I couldn't believe me eyes. I didn't think it was possible for mountains like that to exist with such perfect and exquisite beauty.

I remember dawn in Moosejaw. The most striking colors I had ever seen in the sky. There's something special about the prairie.

I remember Montreal. San Francisco, New Orleans and Vancouver are the only cities that I like as much. My first time there I recall standing inside a little chapel/museum. It was like being transported to another time. Then I took the subway under the St. Lawrence. The proximity of two different worlds in stark comparison.

I hopped a train in Thunder Bay and rode it to Sudbury. The forest and lakes seemed infinite. I can only imagine what the voyageurs must have thought.

I remember sailing under the Lion's Gate Bridge. It was like sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Vancouver is so much like San Francisco.

And I remember hunting and fishing with my Canadian cousins. Best people on earth.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Good thread. Politically the countries are somewhat different but the people are very much the same away from the politicians.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Why thank you, and right back at you.:) It's nice seeing that the odd bad apple on either side of the border doesn't affect how the majority of people feel about their neighbours.:)

Um, it's not luck, it's geography. lol Ditto. :D

To be fair, the US could have been beside Germany during their Nazi expansion, or they could be neighbours to a country that doesn't view them in the same favourable light as we do. So, I get what BaalsTears is saying.:)

Geez! All this talk of professing respect, and I spelled his name wrong! Sorry Baal!:)

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yeah, imagine all sorts of other countries that could be joining us along the 49th, I think the one that
is there now, should stay, I like it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've said it before, Americans are perfectly fine, at least the ones I've met and they number in the hundreds!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
One thing is for sure. We are in this mess together.
I hope we win the next big war.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Watching the news you would think we are on different planets. Just shows how twisted the media is. When Im in the US I often forget im in a different country. It feels pretty much the same.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I can remember visiting family in Edmonton when I was a little kid. We decided to return home by way of Banff and Lake Louise. I couldn't believe me eyes. I didn't think it was possible for mountains like that to exist with such perfect and exquisite beauty.

I remember dawn in Moosejaw. The most striking colors I had ever seen in the sky. There's something special about the prairie.

I remember Montreal. San Francisco, New Orleans and Vancouver are the only cities that I like as much. My first time there I recall standing inside a little chapel/museum. It was like being transported to another time. Then I took the subway under the St. Lawrence. The proximity of two different worlds in stark comparison.

I hopped a train in Thunder Bay and rode it to Sudbury. The forest and lakes seemed infinite. I can only imagine what the voyageurs must have thought.

I remember sailing under the Lion's Gate Bridge. It was like sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Vancouver is so much like San Francisco.

And I remember hunting and fishing with my Canadian cousins. Best people on earth.
Why do you hate Toronto?