Flu is not the biggest danger ...... It's the vaccine

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Another woman from BC died today (maybe yesterday). BC is loaded with H1N1. So far I haven't seen many people at work dropping from it but - their kids are getting it so I doubt it will be long.
I watched a report on the news last night. The speaker stated that the vaccine is considered safe. He clearly stated that it would not be given to people if it was not considered safe and if it was not tested. Doesn't that just make common sense? I can't wait for the vaccine to get here. I wish we didn't have to wait so long. I want my grandkids to get the vaccine before they get really sick. I want my kids and my husband and me too to be vaccinated.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
FDA Approved H1N1 Vaccines Contain Ingredients Known to Cause Cancer and Death

'Most health experts will agree that vaccine reactions can occur. It is estimated that roughly 1 in every million people will react to their vaccine. Even then, health officials maintain that it is usually a simple case of inflammation at the injection site and/or a slight fever. On a rare occasion, anaphylactic shock may occur due to the patient reacting to a substance that they are allergic to. However, the FDA recently approved four H1N1 vaccines that not only contain very questionable ingredients, but some of those ingredients have even been proven to cause cancer and death.'

[/quot
I'm sure all health experts will agree that life and death occur. Why do you even think you have the right to fear monger the way you do???? Your stupid posts will have people wondering if they should have the shot, let their children have the shot and like someone else said, what if they listen to you and either they or their children die? I think at that point, it would suck to be you.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
FDA Approved H1N1 Vaccines Contain Ingredients Known to Cause Cancer and Death

'Most health experts will agree that vaccine reactions can occur. It is estimated that roughly 1 in every million people will react to their vaccine. Even then, health officials maintain that it is usually a simple case of inflammation at the injection site and/or a slight fever. On a rare occasion, anaphylactic shock may occur due to the patient reacting to a substance that they are allergic to. However, the FDA recently approved four H1N1 vaccines that not only contain very questionable ingredients, but some of those ingredients have even been proven to cause cancer and death.'

[/quot
I'm sure all health experts will agree that life and death occur. Why do you even think you have the right to fear monger the way you do???? Your stupid posts will have people wondering if they should have the shot, let their children have the shot and like someone else said, what if they listen to you and either they or their children die? I think at that point, it would suck to be you.
well....whatever they decide, it will be a more informed decision than most will be making

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I have never been a fan of vaccines or anything the pharmaceutical companies put out. I just have to think about Thalidomide and hundreds of other "tested" drugs that have been taken off the market because they kill or severely harm people or the time I was shot up as a kid with Salk vaccine and puked up a waste paper basket full. It seemed every time I have had a vaccination I got really sick.

So I am not only very cautious about them, I get really nervous when there is this much hype about inoculating everybody for something as ordinary as a flu that is not killing any more people than would die from any other strain of flu. The media has whipped up a frenzy just like it has always done in the past and nothing ever came of those "pandemics".

I'm beginning to think that since we came out of the wilderness into our fortified cities we somehow miss the adrenaline rush of bumping into bears and other predators or being swept away by swollen streams, so we have to manufacture panic situations to get a rush. People can panic all they want and ignore the fact the pharmaceuticals kill more people than diseases do in our decadent societies, but I will take my chances the natural way, thank you very much.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I have a perfect preventative medicine, it's called abstinence; abstain from touching people, breathing their air, touching things they touch, etc. :D
Or wash lots.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I have a perfect preventative medicine, it's called abstinence; abstain from touching people, breathing their air, touching things they touch, etc. :D
Or wash lots.
That's great Anna but we don't all live on acreage. The store was so busy today that I am so tired tonight I feel like I rolled down the side of a long hill and hit every bump on the way. I dealt with at least a couple of hundred people and that's just me. One cashier. There are lots of us and there was soooo many people and I also handled soooo many turkeys! My hands are ready to crack! Between cleaning my hands after every person who coughs and sneezes and then hands me their money or credit card/debit card and handling those fresh raw turkey's with juice from them running all over my counter, I am well washed and well dried out from the Purell. However, there isn't a damn thing I can do about all the germs that are being breathed all over the room. Like it or not, I have to take more than a few breaths of my own! lol
Bedtime now! I have to face the crowd again at 8:00 in the morning. Then my wonderful sister-in-law will have Thanksgiving dinner ready at the end of my work day.:cool:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
That's great Anna but we don't all live on acreage. The store was so busy today that I am so tired tonight I feel like I rolled down the side of a long hill and hit every bump on the way. I dealt with at least a couple of hundred people and that's just me. One cashier. There are lots of us and there was soooo many people and I also handled soooo many turkeys! My hands are ready to crack! Between cleaning my hands after every person who coughs and sneezes and then hands me their money or credit card/debit card and handling those fresh raw turkey's with juice from them running all over my counter, I am well washed and well dried out from the Purell. However, there isn't a damn thing I can do about all the germs that are being breathed all over the room. Like it or not, I have to take more than a few breaths of my own! lol
Bedtime now! I have to face the crowd again at 8:00 in the morning. Then my wonderful sister-in-law will have Thanksgiving dinner ready at the end of my work day.:cool:
Gloves, the latex type. My hands get a bit messed up sometimes, I come home and wear latex gloves with lotion squeezed into them. Neat's foot oil stinks but it does wonders. Vaseline Intensive Care works, too, and smells pretty. lol

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Gloves, the latex type. My hands get a bit messed up sometimes, I come home and wear latex gloves with lotion squeezed into them. Neat's foot oil stinks but it does wonders. Vaseline Intensive Care works, too, and smells pretty. lol
Gloves or plastic bags. My son's feet used to peel when he was around 12 or 14. I used to put vaseline all over his feet and then put on plastic bags (bread bags) and socks to hold the bags in place. By morning his feet would be soft as a baby's bum.
I use vaseline intensive care at least twice a day hands and face.
The store was so busy yesterday that even now, my hands and feet feel swollen from handling not only so many food items but wet veggies and yucky fresh raw turkey's and frozen turkey's. Not that my feet handled them but when it's that busy - you move fast and you are standing on those poor feet for 8 hours on solid concrete.
I had one fool yesterday that actually left $30.00 laying on my counter for partial payment of his groceries along with 50 cents in pennies, while he ran out to his car to get more money. Normally his order would have been suspended but I could not do that because he left the money laying out all over the counter. When he came back in, he had another 49 cents in pennies. Not enough. Before I could tell him NO, he actually ran back to his car again. He was still short about $1.25 which I would have happily given to him just to get rid of him but I'm not allowed to do that. (not even out of my own pocket) He finally managed to come up with enough money by digging through his pockets a little more. I had no less than 4 full carts of groceries/shoppers waiting. He's probably lucky someone in the line didn't finish him. When someone realized the amount he needed they offered to pay but he found enough by then. It's no wonder cashiers have sore feet and sore hands. It's from stomping our feet and wringing our hands wishing we could solve the problem facing us!!! lol:lol:

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
I've never given much thought to vaccines because I usually don't bother with them. Now that I have kids and one of them is attending kindergarten, I've been reading up on these stories of how bad these vaccines are. My daughter, after the first week of school, was already hit with the seasonal flu. She was down and out for almost a week. Fortunately, we have pretty good quarantine routines in our house and it didn't spread to anyone else... esp. the 2 year old.

After reading this thread with all the stories and rebuttals, I don't know what to believe. There has to be some truth to the dangers of the ingredients in the vaccine and there must also be some truth to the fact that if it was dangerous it wouldn't be administered to the general population. Then it got me thinking that some dangers really don't effect you until years later. This is what has me worried. I don't want to subject my kids to these things without question and then years later somebody figures out that the reason for the steady increase of <insert your favorite mental disorder here> was linked to the ingredient that was in the yearly vaccine.

For example, stuff like asbestos, PCB, BPA, lead paint, etc, etc, were considered "okay" until years later people started developing problems. Will it be the same thing with these vaccines?

It would be interesting to know whether the people who actually developed the vaccine (the scientists all the way up the chain to upper management) are injecting themselves with it too...

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
One benefit of the internet is that it allows everyone who is paranoid about anything to spread bull****, fear, and stupidity all over the world.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
New York State requires all health personnel to have flu shots. That mandate is being challenged in court.

Getting a flu shot is of course a personnel choice, but if someone does not get a shot and comes down with what is a pandemic type flu, they may face isolation at a minimum till it is over. It is your life till it effects others. Life is a gamble.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Not to be a chicken little, but this report is very concerning to me ... Children and adolescents are dying.

Child H1N1 Swine Flu Deaths Accelerate

11 Child Deaths in Past Week as H1N1 Swine Flu Sweeps U.S.
By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Oct. 1, 2009 - Eleven children died of H1N1 swine flu last week, raising the October child/teen death toll to 43 -- more pediatric deaths in one month than seen in a bad September-to-May flu season.

The date in the byline threw me for a sec - but it's got to be a typo.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Not to be a chicken little, but this report is very concerning to me ... Children and adolescents are dying.

Child H1N1 Swine Flu Deaths Accelerate

11 Child Deaths in Past Week as H1N1 Swine Flu Sweeps U.S.
By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Oct. 1, 2009 - Eleven children died of H1N1 swine flu last week, raising the October child/teen death toll to 43 -- more pediatric deaths in one month than seen in a bad September-to-May flu season.

The date in the byline threw me for a sec - but it's got to be a typo.
Damn. You tease. Can't see the article. Said something about access being forbidden.

Here's one:

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/n...n1-swine-flu-deaths-accelerate?src=RSS_PUBLIC

Spooky.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Oh, that's just part of the conspiracy, to scare you into succumbing to the new world order.

Had my regular flu shot last night, I'll get the h1n1 when it comes in.

I'm still alive, but then again, I'm part of the conspiracy, too.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Just in case my other post does not connect you to WEBMD, here is another source.
The CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat (SHU'-kit) says, "These are very sobering statistics."
This new strain is different from regular winter flu because it strikes the young far more than the old, and child deaths are drawing particular attention. Eighty-six children have died of swine flu in the U.S. since it burst on the scene last spring — 43 of those deaths reported in September and early October alone, said CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat.
Swine flu hits hard, early &#151; claims 11 more kids - Yahoo! News

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Damn. You tease.
welllll.... sometimes, yes. :p

Can't see the article. Said something about access being forbidden.

oh. you were talkin' about the link! ooops, my bad. ;-)

Yes, not a good situation at all... and thanks for a functioning link.

Oh, that's just part of the conspiracy, to scare you into succumbing to the new world order.

Had my regular flu shot last night, I'll get the h1n1 when it comes in.

I'm still alive, but then again, I'm part of the conspiracy, too.

lol - cute, but seriously, I've been grappling with how seriously to take this situation including the vaccine for quite awhile now. I'm no further convinced of the safety or effectiveness of the vaccine yet either... I'm gonna wait to see if it's proven effective if I can... but if H1N1 starts encroaching upon Edmonton, I may change my tune in a hurry about that.

lol @ infectious conspiracy.... and thanks for posting the link again - the one I posted didn't work for me either. Forbidden from my own link... probably more conspiracy shenanigans.