Feds green light naked scanners

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who's scared?
I'm not and I used to fly about 50,000 miles a year.
It's no skin off my nads if I have to walk through a scanner and unlike you who thinks everyone is as paranoid as yourself,most other people arent scared.

Try again.

I see your point Kakato, being scanned would be the least of my concerns too, but I am very concerned that so much money is being spent and it won't decrease terrorism to any extent but rather just change the targets - just watch for things like kindergartens being blown up.

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
Funny guy, George Carlin. But why would people even let it bother them? What freedom is being taken away by walking through a scanner? Privacy? You'd be in a public airport for Pete's sake. How do you know they don't have cams in the washrooms?

lol they're basically strip searching you right in the airport. that's the government ****ing with your privacy .

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol they're basically strip searching you right in the airport. that's the government ****ing with your privacy .
Strip searching? lol Some geek in a secluded room sees a cartoon of a person on a closed circuit tv screen. lmao
The geek would do better to haunt swimming pools and beaches.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
you're very fearful. any citizen who approves of these scanners is fearful. you're consistent lying to yourself isn't healthy.

No Im not scared and neither are most others,sorry but your foiler buds Alex Jones really knows how to handle you to sell more of his books.

I've seen pistols left at camp from guys when they flew back east,they brought these guns from home.
So the scanners are just another safety item,thats all.
I'm more scared of my flight crashing then blowing up.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I see your point Kakato, being scanned would be the least of my concerns too, but I am very concerned that so much money is being spent and it won't decrease terrorism to any extent but rather just change the targets - just watch for things like kindergartens being blown up.
It's one less thing to be concerned about then, right.
I don't like the amount of money gov'ts spend on most anything. Unfortunately, I doubt gov'ts will go away.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I think it will be faster then the wand sweep and a guy will get through security a lot quicker.
I used to hate getting behind people with body piercings allthough it was kind of comical at first if you know what I mean.:smile:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
you're very fearful. any citizen who approves of these scanners is fearful. you're consistent lying to yourself isn't healthy.

When I work up north I go through 11 airports the first day so bring on the scanners!
No more long lineups at security!
No more missed connections!
:cool:

I'm starting to like the idea more and more.

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
Strip searching? lol Some geek in a secluded room sees a cartoon of a person on a closed circuit tv screen. lmao
The geek would do better to haunt swimming pools and beaches.

it's a complete invasion of privacy. they're basically saying to you, walk through this scanner naked , oh but you can put a bag over your head. (the heads are blurred). genitalia, breasts, surgical implants and cosmic enhancements are all shown vividly.

religious people whose beliefs prohibit themselves from being seeing naked by people they do not know are considering not flying at all.

add that to the fact that no terrorist attack has happened on U.S soil since 2001, and even rarer in Canada...

justinmb

Nominee Member
Oct 21, 2009
winnipeg
You'd prefer if gov'ts didn't work towards protecting their peoples?

How would gov'ts profit by spending loads on defensive equipments and procedures?

That's a fact, is it? I have no more fear of being assimilated into an American culture than I have of turning into Yosemite Sam.
I think governments need to be realistic about how they protect us and why/who they are protecting us from I have seen no evidence to support we need these extra precautions we do it simply to appease the US.

Mostly it is the US and their defense department that profits and I am quite sure if one was to look deep enough we would find our government makes a little bit too the new id cards are not free and of course the price of air fare/security tax will go up.

The highest cost will be our privacy and freedom and @ the end of the day these precautions will not stop the terror yet it will supplement it.

My wife who grew up in Germany (Black Forest) she went to the east by train when she was young and crossed through the check points do we want Canada to have armed guards on trains/buses/plains harassing us for our papers.

If not we must stem this type of behavior that they say is in our best interest and for our own security that is exactly what the communists tell their people.
and there were a lot who agreed with their government too.

As I have said before it is a slippery slope we tread.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
it's a complete invasion of privacy. they're basically saying to you, walk through this scanner naked , oh but you can put a bag over your head. (the heads are blurred). genitalia, breasts, surgical implants and cosmic enhancements are all shown vividly.

religious people whose beliefs prohibit themselves from being seeing naked by people they do not know are considering not flying at all.

add that to the fact that no terrorist attack has happened on U.S soil since 2001, and even rarer in Canada...

So are you implying the government is just doing this to look at our bodys?:roll:
Your not making sense,and it's not in high def so I dont think nothing to "vivid" is going to be seen.

Whats your point? America bad?

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
oh and the scanners , which was apparently a reaction to Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's attempt at bringing on an explosive powder on board , CAN'T EVEN DETECT POWDERS. or any other low density materials like liquid , thin pieces of plastic, etc.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
oh and the scanners , which was apparently a reaction to Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's attempt at bringing on an explosive powder on board , CAN'T EVEN DETECT POWDERS. or any other low density materials like liquid , thin pieces of plastic, etc.

Didnt you just say you could see everything vividly?

genitalia, breasts, surgical implants and cosmic enhancements are all shown vividly.

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
is genitalia a low density material? i know mine isn't...............
LOL

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
So are you implying the government is just doing this to look at our bodys?:roll:
Your not making sense,and it's not in high def so I dont think nothing to "vivid" is going to be seen.

Whats your point? America bad?

what are you not understanding?

i don't know what the government is doing.

it could be that they're incredibly stupid and inept . they might actually think these scanners will combat terrorism , rofl.

or they're just ****ing with our privacy seeing how far they can take it.

America, corrupt.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I think governments need to be realistic about how they protect us and why/who they are protecting us from I have seen no evidence to support we need these extra precautions we do it simply to appease the US.
Suppose Heathrow had better checks when PanAm flight 103 was ready to take off? Some folks in Lockerbie Scotland might be alive today. My point? It is not just about protecting your own people; it's also about protecting the people on the flight and in other countries.