Facebook is dying

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
More than half of the 1,000 members of Gen Z — those born in the year 1994 or later — said that an ad in their social media feed drove them to make a purchase. Fifty-seven percent said that a celebrity endorsement of a product helped them make a purchasing decision.
No wonder they are so easy to scam.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Facebook is full of old people. Millennials and Gen Z are on other social media. Everyone but you old fart clowns knows that Facebook is where your parents post school photos from the 50s and minion memes while your crazy uncle spams racist conspiracy theories.

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
I only use FaceBook for private messages. I don't even use my real name. (not that FaceBook could not find out my real name in a nano second.) Since I have my own Chat Room at my own site, I have little need for FaceBook.

Generally, I visit FaceBook to view posts which come to my attention through other means or sources.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Facebook is full of old people. Millennials and Gen Z are on other social media. Everyone but you old fart clowns knows that Facebook is where your parents post school photos from the 50s and minion memes while your crazy uncle spams racist conspiracy theories.

Crap!

I thought that was here!

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

Facebook chat is still very popular amongst millennials.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I actually just checked a thing on my Facebook called "app permissions"

Holy ****.

I knew things like discus would be there because I use my facebook account to sign on to some things, but there were permissions there for - for instance - the LA Times - which I don't even have a subscription to and can;t read much on. Not sure how it got there but they have been able to get all my info and there is no way I can get it back from them.

I turned them all off, and I am going to start emailing all my "friends" and let them know I am shutting down this thing.

I would suggest you cheak "settings" > apps and see who is mining your info