Facebook causes depression......

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
leave it to good ol' harpercons to kill a thread

^that's my job!

lucky for y'all I'm here to the rescue!

anyway, scammers have a new tack they want me to warn you about so here goes...

Well I had fun tonight.
Anyone else?
Yeah I got this friend request from a stranger out of the blue.
That's a red flag from the get-go, wouldn't you say?
Rather than accept such an invitation I open up a chat dialogue.
to...

Danniielle Lam
senior manager of promotion development at PCH Publishers clearing House
(You're not friends on Facebook)

Tue 10:41 PM
You sent
what's your angle, darlin?
Lam? sounds chinese
not that there's anything wong with that lol
I joke
it's just communists I can't stand
oh.... and scammers
anyway, state your case. blocking in 12 hours.

Danniielle Lam
Thus is Danielle Lam the Senior Manager of the Publishers Clearing Housing
[You can now message and call each other and see info like Active Status and when you've read messages.]

Danniielle Lam
Congratulations !! I want to inform you that you are randomly pick and eligible to claim up to $50,000. or more as your Name and E-mail was drawn electronically and you are being picked randomly as one of the winner of PCH . Which was imposed and authorized in Collaboration with CEO/ Founder of PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE.
https://m.youtube.com/user/pchprizepatrol

You sent
what is my name, and what is my e-mail address?

Danniielle Lam
Don Juan
And we couldn’t find your right email and that’s why we decided to contact you via your Facebook page

You sent
"as your Name and E-mail was drawn"
so why lie?

Danniielle replied to themself
I just explain to you and this program is very real and legit

Danniielle Lam
Have you ever heard anything about the PCH program before?

You sent
sure, Ed McMahon, etc
I take it Engrish isn't your first ranguage

Danniielle
This a social program by PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE LOTTERY, That was introduce to help social network subscribers to improve standard of living, pay a bills, Buy Homes, Investment Opportunities, Good Education Plan and to eradicate poverty in the Community

Danniielle Lam
Yes I am originally from Germany but due to my job I was transferred to the United States

You sent
cut to the chase, kiddo, what is it you want from me?
I'm a Trump supporter. You probably don't want to give me anything. lol

Danniielle Lam
This is a program supported by the UNITED NATION and PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS.
And congratulations sir you won $1,000,000 (one million dollars sir)

You sent
lol the UN. another idea that's outlived its usefulness
thanks.... I think

Danniielle Lam
Are you ready to claim your winnings prize ?

You sent
is that in real money, or euros lol
can I get it in pounds sterling?

you read the part about how I hate scammers, right?
because I will find you and kill you

Danniielle Lam
This is real and Legit and here are proofs of lucky winners that have there winnings prize delivered to there doorstep

You sent
I have geek friends that can track your shit

(these next 4 posts were her proof of legitimacy which anyone could have staged)
Danniielle
Danniielle
Danniielle
Danniielle Lam

You sent
but you don't even know my name, or my email address, so I don't see how I could possibly have won anything, especially for something I never entered

are you sure you're not in Nigeria?
don't worry I have friends in the CIA who can straighten you out right quick

Danniielle Lam
I am not in Nigeria and here is my ID

You sent
got any cheesecake?

Danniielle Lam
There’s an Ongoing Giveaway for Easter from the PCH and a spinning is made on Facebook and congratulations you are one of the Lucky Winners

You sent
that's awesome. read this and tell me what you think:

Why I deliberately keep my friends list small.
Of course I have more friends than show on my fascistbook list! If you're a friend of a friend and we've met and appreciated each other's presence, and are not 'enemies', then sure, I consider you a friend, even if we haven't shared a drink or a word in many years, I still think of you occasionally, wishing you well in my heart. Anyone please feel free to message me any time and I'm usually happy to chat or even reminisce with you. We don't need to be on each other's friends lists to be friendly. I just don't see the point, and here's why...

(I wrote this some number of years ago and never posted it because I didn't want to alienate some of you more sensitive types... but now? lol I just don't give a fuck any more - that's what this stupid world has done to me - so be offended if you will, unfriend away if that's your thing. I can assure you I won't be offended or affected by things that just don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Share, even, if you think a friend needs to know they don't have to be on any social media friends list to be considered a friend.)
Shoot, I can't even believe that people are stupid enough to use their real names on the world wild west wide web.
It's as if to deny that nations have to keep standing armies because man has proven over tens if not hundreds of thousands of years that man cannot be trusted.

And yet in spite of that we have facebook and other social media where the snowflake kumbaya set of liberally wishful thinkers believe it's perfectly okay to subject their real friends and family to their I-win-the-popularity-contest list of 500+ friends whom they couldn't possibly well enough know to not be among the, I think conservatively guesstimated 5% of the population who are psychopaths.

So tell me dear facebook people, why DO you want to expose your 500+ so-called friends to the possibly 25 psychopaths and/or scamming con-artists on your list, and all your friends' lists too, for that matter?
What could possibly go wrong?
lol
Do ya think?
(I know, right?)

Ok look, before all my friends and family hate me for having just called them and whole world stupid, I should relate that I believe everyone is stupid in some way, even geniuses: Einstein, Tesla, Hawkings...and especially me, lol, are stupid in some way, just maybe not in THAT way.
I don't know, call me stupid but I just don't believe in setting everyone I love up for a world of trouble.
/rant

hate me and I'll probably just love you more
;?)

You sent
and what now do you suggest is your next step, knowing Don Juan is not my real name?

*crickets*

Danniielle Lam (at last!)
Well we got you via Facebook spinning and you are one of the Lucky Winners that won the Easter Giveaway

You sent
I would like to donate my winnings to Redwood Park Communities. They find housing for the homeless.
They will happily pose for pictures with you.

Question: what country am I in?

Facebook hates me. I call them fascistbook every chance I get. they routinely throw me in fascistbook prison. I can't see any algorithm thru them that would spit out my name.

Why is your name spelt funny? were your parents hippies?

parents: "oh our sweet little baby has 2 eyes!"

what has this world come to when you can't even give away a million bucks, eh?
lol

Danniielle replied to the Redwood Park suggestion:
Danniielle Lam
Ok we will do that

You sent
it's turned us all into skeptics

You replied to Danniielle
awesome! do you want their facebook page link?

Danniielle Lam
Sure

You sent
I will share this dialogue with them so they will know you're legit... or be as skeptical as I have been lol... but truly, I pray you are and may God bless you if you're not a scammer.
If you are, though, we still have ways and means to make you regret being one.

Danniielle Lam
I am not a scammer

You replied to Danniielle
A SCAMMER WOULD SAY!

You sent
lol sorry, I watch too much Gutfeld. his show is in New York. you should go if you like laughter.

You sent
so to be clear... what country are you assuming I am in?
it's not a trick question
oh darn
a stumbling block?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Natural organic depression is the best choice, facebook is GMO experiment community, don,t touch the strawberries

I,m an idiot but because I find company here I don,t feel so bad.
aw

I miss darkbeliever.

I wonder if he's still amongst the barely living.

*sniff*

Reactions: petros

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I enjoy Facebook, but then again, I have it set up so that I have no notifications on stuff I don't care to deal with and no newsfeed.

It's more of a picture/video album with a messenger service.

I can see how people get lost in it though.

Reactions: Taxslave2