End the Lockdown

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. C. S. Lewis

Greatest writer/philosopher of the 20th century. End the lockdown.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. C. S. Lewis
Greatest writer/philosopher of the 20th century. End the lockdown.

You still locked down, Walter? Ahhhhhh poor baby. I'm not. As a matter of fact I'm sitting in my 5th wheel, on my RV lot in the Columbia valley.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
He IS a doctor.

Yes, I know.

That's not answering my question which is pretty softball, so either you're choosing on purpose to ignore it or you aren't intelligent enough to understand a basic question.

I'll repeat it for you: why should we take THIS doctor's word above the word of other doctors?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Piers Corbyn, the brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, was one of several protesters taken away in handcuffs during protests against the coronavirus lockdown in London today.

The astrophysicist was taken away after declining to leave when asked by a police officer and declining to give his details when asked. He claimed that 5G and the coronavirus pandemic were linked, calling it a "pack of lies to brainwash you and keep you in order".

Around 50 people had defied social distancing to gather close together at Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yes, I know.
That's not answering my question which is pretty softball, so either you're choosing on purpose to ignore it or you aren't intelligent enough to understand a basic question.
I'll repeat it for you: why should we take THIS doctor's word above the word of other doctors?

Why not?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Cliff Richard gives a special lockdown performance of his 1979 hit "We Don't Talk Anymore" in support of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
You still locked down, Walter? Ahhhhhh poor baby. I'm not. As a matter of fact I'm sitting in my 5th wheel, on my RV lot in the Columbia valley.
Why don't you go to a restaurant, or a ball game, or a church tomorrow, or The Bay, or a wedding reception, or a dance, or a fireworks display, or have elective surgery, or have Molly Maid clean yer house, or take the kids to the playground, or send the kids to school, or attend a graduation,... End the lockdown.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, I know.
You realize Blackshirt doesn't even understand the question, right?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Asking the Old Bill this simple question: "How does staying at home save lives?"