Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now that wasn't called for, Cliff. It's one thing to diss all the stupid hoopla about a baby and another thing entirely to diss the baby itself, especially with a stupid stereotype..

Right on Gil, William and Harry have turned out to be fine boys and I don't see any reason why this little guy shouldn't turn out just as well.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Yup- Moe for close friends.

Moe was true royalty!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Really? You don't know women very well, do you? .... and a celebrity prebirthing. You think the celebrity is all just about Kate? rofl That's funny.

Nope. Don't even know who Jane Goody is.

Now that wasn't called for, Cliff. It's one thing to diss all the stupid hoopla about a baby and another thing entirely to diss the baby itself, especially with a stupid stereotype..

Exactly!

Ditto that.
Unfortunately, the circus won't quit. Papparazzi and other media loons and Blacklaff will be printing and posting every little tidbit for weeks to come.

thats right, but who cares, what they do and say goes past my interest, they mean less than nothing to
me, I use them to get information, and when that happens, I again tune them out, I'm not interested in
supporting their fake attempt to get attention and dupe people into thinking that what they say is
important or meaningful.

of course the circus won't quit, and it is sad that most people follow the circus and are influenced
by their statements, as the media doesn't 'care' for people, they 'use' people for their own gain.
I use 'them' for my gain, then I drop them out of my life until I need them again, which isn't often.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The world's media, gathered outside the Lindo Wing, and millions of people around the world have been waiting for William, Catherine and the new Prince of Cambridge to exit the main doors of the Lindo Wing so the world can finally get a glimpse of the most famous baby in the world.

Earlier on in the day Catherine's hairdresser was spotted going into the hospital so it seemed that it might not be long before the three young royals leave the hospital. About an hour ago it was revealed that Catherine and William have thanked the staff at the Lindo Wing and the whole of St Mary's Hospital for the excellent care that all three of them have received. We therefore thought their long-awaited exit from the hospital was imminent. But then the press received a message saying that Catherine and the baby Prince of Cambridge - who many expect will be called George after his great-great-grandfather King George VI - will not be leaving the hospital before 6pm tonight (it's nearly 1pm now) and that it may even be tomorrow morning at the latest until we finally get to see the new heir to the Throne.

Finally ! A boy is born. 8 lbs some ounces.

He's the heaviest future king in 100 years.

Here are some photos:

It's a boy: The message displayed outside the palace on an easel telling the world that there is a new prince in the British royal family who one day will be king.

Historic: The Queen's Press Secretary Ailsa Anderson with Badar Azim, a footman, place the official document on the easel used in the same way when Prince William was born in 1982

It has now become a temporary tourist attraction with people from around the world gathered in front of it to take photos

Smiling doctor: The Queen's Surgeon-Gynaecologist Marcus Setchell arrives at St Mary's Hospital this morning to assess Kate and baby, which he delivered

Drama: The London Eye was turned red, white and blue last night after the news of the royal birth as London suffered a series of violent thunder storms. The future king was born on the hottest day Britain has seen for seven years

Tribute: Central London's iconic Tower Bridge was illuminated in bright blue to celebrate the Duchess of Cambridge giving birth to a prince

'Thrilled and excited': The Prince of Wales has been in Bugthorpe in Yorkshire today and said he did not know what his first grandchild would be called, but despite his enthusiasm he still managed to make six-month-old Emily Scott cry

Proud: Youngsters Harrison, Charlotte and Matthew were among those celebrating at the Palace, they heard the news when they were in bed, and rushed down in their pyjamas

Official: The London Gazette, Britain's most prestigious journal, carried the 'extraordinary' announcement of the baby's birth

Rachael Carter-Eagleton was jumping for joy in her Union Flag dress

Celebration time! Thousands of well wishers mob the gates of Buckingham Palace last night as the news was revealed that, for the first time in 31 years, a future monarch has been born

A police officer tries to control a crowd of people trying to get to the railing to take pictures of the notice proclaiming the birth of the Royal baby

Fascinated: Two children in the crowd climb on adults' shoulders to grab a better view of the palace and the easel with the signed declaration

Tribute: Sailors on HMS Kent spelled out the word BOY on the ship's flight deck to send their best wishes and congratulations to the royal couple

In lights: The news was broadcast in a special animation which shone from the BT Tower in Fitzrovia, central London

Royal frenzy: Town Crier Tony Appleton rings his bell in celebration outside St Mary's

Blue for a boy: The fountains at Trafalgar Square are seen lit blue to signify the birth of a baby boy, part of a plan previously announced by Westminster council. If it was a girl the fountains would have shone pink

Get 'em started young: The Royal baby has already been sent a present from Prince Williams favourite football team - an Aston Villa FC shirt with HRH 1 printed on the back. Prince William is a big fan of the Premier League team from Birmingham and the club have announced they are excited to have another Villa fan in their ranks. An announcement read: 'Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Another Villa fan arrives into the world! #AVFC #RoyalBabyBoy'

Sight: Blackpool Tower (in Blackpool on the Lancashire coast, Europe's premier seaside resort) shone blue overnight to mark the future King's arrival into the world

Spectacular: Niagara Falls, the world's most famous waterfall, also took on a blue hue for the occasion

Skyscraper: In Toronto, the CN Tower was lit up in blue

Parliament: Ottawa's government buildings and the Peace Tower were lit up in blue as well

Destination: Christchurch Airport in New Zealand shared in the celebration by turning all its lights blue today

Anticipation: Landmarks in Auckland, New Zealand were alternating pink and blue after Kate went into labour yesterday

On the high seas: Sailors on HMS Lancaster posed up in the shape of the word 'BOY' for this aerial photograph

Celebrations: The Cottage Inn in Bucklebury, where the family home of the Middletons is, has been draped in flags to mark the royal birth

The daily changing of the guard took place at Buckingham palace today, but with a difference - the band played Cliff Richards' "Congratulations" in honour of the birth of a future monarch, the first such birth
for 31 years

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's footage of Town Crier Tony Appleton outside the Lindo Wing last night announcing the first birth of a future monarch for 31 years:

ROYAL BABY - Town Crier Announces Birth Of Royal Prince - YouTube

It is the first time since 1894 that Britain has had three generations of direct heirs to the Throne alive at the same time.

In around 20 minutes' time, 62 guns are to be fired from Gun Wharf at the Tower of London to honour the new future king, which will be one of many gun salutes that will be made around Britain and her Overseas Territories and the fifteen other Commonwealth Realms.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Do all Brits still believe in fairy tales or do some of them grow up?

Thank God you're not in charge or else you'd force a BORING republic on us (I don't like the idea of swapping Wills and Kate and this new baby prince for President Blair) and force us to continue to wallow in the misery of global economic doom and gloom and news about the proposed new runway at Heathrow and a tobacco man's links with the Conservative Party. There'd be no way we could celebrate happy events like this which give us an extraordinary feelgood factor and an economic boost.

Thank God, too, that people like you are a minority.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Thank God you're not in charge or else you'd force a BORING republic on us (I don't like the idea of swapping Wills and Kate and this new baby prince for President Blair) and force us to continue to wallow in the misery of global economic doom and gloom and news about the proposed new runway at Heathrow and a tobacco man's links with the Conservative Party. There'd be no way we could celebrate happy events like this which give us an extraordinary feelgood factor and an economic boost.

Thank God, too, that people like you are a minority.

Not in Canada.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
All this pomp and expense to announce the birth of one privileged child while millions starve and die of curable diseases sticks in my craw.

So because millions of people are starving and disease-ridden it means that Britain can't have periods of national celebration?

As I said, you're one of those who want everyone to just wallow in misery and woe, aren't you?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
All this pomp and expense to announce the birth of one privileged child while millions starve and die of preventable diseases sticks in my craw.

And if we didn't have the pomp and expense how many of those kids would get well fed or cured? Anyway that's not the way to go about it.

Talking about "expense" I'm not sure who's footing the bill for all this but I imagine the citizens of Great Britain are footing most of it and they don't appear to be terribly upset about it.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Why the monarchy (sigh) still survives in Canada - The Globe and Mail
So because millions of people are starving and disease-ridden it means that Britain can't have periods of national celebration?

As I said, you're one of those who want everyone to just wallow in misery and woe, aren't you?

Of course, Britain has every right to celebrate. Of course, Britain should retain its monarchy as long as public opinion supports it. But, to presume the rest of the world views the British monarchy through the same lens as someone in Britain, is a little much.