Donald Trump Announces 2016 White House Bid

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A Republican political strategist was convicted of illegally helping a Russian businessman contribute to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.
Jesse Benton, 44, was pardoned by Trump in 2020 for a different campaign finance crime, months before he was indicted again on six counts related to facilitating an illegal foreign campaign donation. He was found guilty Thursday on all six counts.

Article

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Trump will be nominated and the establishment (swamp) is scared shitless

I doubt either of those things to be true :) But i'll hear your case.

The polling doesn't support it in my mind. Trump has some strong die hard supporters no doubt but there's a lot who are already suggesting that while they like him and don't regret supporting him, they don't think he's the right choice anymore. The conservatives want to win, and trump is seen by many to be tainted by his 'i didn't lose' plus jan 6 attack stance, while others simply think he'll polarize the democratic vote. Trump's candidates of choice lost in the midterms lost badly and they shouldn't have. There's a certain "trump fatigue" out there.

Now - you never know. A small group of dedicated supporters who all show up can have a massive impact in choosing the leader. You don't need to win over all the people, you just need to win over the ones who show up.

But at this point while it looks like it would be a tight battle I don't think trump will win it. He's gotten a little too cult like. His chance would be if the others have trouble motivating their supporters to get out and vote and he manages to get his people to show up in large numbers.

Reactions: Taxslave2

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

The polling doesn't support it in my mind. Trump has some strong die hard supporters no doubt but there's a lot who are already suggesting that while they like him and don't regret supporting him, they don't think he's the right choice anymore. The conservatives want to win, and trump is seen by many to be tainted by his 'i didn't lose' plus jan 6 attack stance, while others simply think he'll polarize the democratic vote. Trump's candidates of choice lost in the midterms lost badly and they shouldn't have. There's a certain "trump fatigue" out there.

Now - you never know. A small group of dedicated supporters who all show up can have a massive impact in choosing the leader. You don't need to win over all the people, you just need to win over the ones who show up.

But at this point while it looks like it would be a tight battle I don't think trump will win it. He's gotten a little too cult like. His chance would be if the others have trouble motivating their supporters to get out and vote and he manages to get his people to show up in large numbers.
Who will run against him ? DeSantiago has strong support and is still young , if he throws his hat into the primary ring at this time a battle with Trump might damage his future fortunes .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Who will run against him ? DeSantiago has strong support and is still young , if he throws his hat into the primary ring at this time a battle with Trump might damage his future fortunes .
You mean DeSantis? It would depend on HOW he ran against trump, but whenever you run theres a chance your brand will get damaged. But there's a chance you will become president :) And fortune favors the bold.

His best be would be to run as "trump without the baggage". Hey - trump was great but there's just too much baggage with him. They say he caused the Jan 6 riots - now i'm not saying i believe that but OTHERS do and he can't get elected. He spent MONTHS denying the election results - now i'm not saying he was wrong but a lot of others are and it's turned people off and he can't get elected. I CAN get elected and i'll do all the GOOD things trump used to do without any of the baggage or bad things! I'll fix the economy, i'll bring back jobs, i'll restore freedoms, I'll upset the democrats. and I'll do it without any crazy tweets or constant lawsuits.

You don't get to even try to be president without having some balls. He could play it right and basically sell himself as trump 2.0

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You mean DeSantis? It would depend on HOW he ran against trump, but whenever you run theres a chance your brand will get damaged. But there's a chance you will become president :) And fortune favors the bold.

His best be would be to run as "trump without the baggage". Hey - trump was great but there's just too much baggage with him. They say he caused the Jan 6 riots - now i'm not saying i believe that but OTHERS do and he can't get elected. He spent MONTHS denying the election results - now i'm not saying he was wrong but a lot of others are and it's turned people off and he can't get elected. I CAN get elected and i'll do all the GOOD things trump used to do without any of the baggage or bad things! I'll fix the economy, i'll bring back jobs, i'll restore freedoms, I'll upset the democrats. and I'll do it without any crazy tweets or constant lawsuits.

You don't get to even try to be president without having some balls. He could play it right and basically sell himself as trump 2.0
Yes and he can just as easily do so in 2028 without having to primary Trump .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yes and he can just as easily do so in 2028 without having to primary Trump .
Well that would assume with certainty that trump would lose the election in 2024 and that if he did he wouldn't just run for the nomination again.

The only way to guarantee trump is out of the picture for DeSantis is to beat him now - otherwise he might very well still be in future races for the next decade.

Now maybe RD decides it's better to wait a decade but honestly - his star is rising now and he's unlikely to get a better shot at it than he has at the moment.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trump defamed me again, rape accuser Carroll says in forthcoming lawsuit
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Jonathan Stempel
Publishing date:Nov 17, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read

NEW YORK — The writer accusing Donald Trump of raping her 27 years ago said the former U.S. president defamed her a second time last month by falsely telling his social media followers that he had not known her and the rape never happened.

E. Jean Carroll, a former Elle magazine columnist, made the accusation in a lawsuit she plans to file on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, accusing Trump of battery over their alleged encounter at the Bergdorf Goodman department store in Manhattan.

A draft of the lawsuit was included in a Thursday filing by her lawyer Roberta Kaplan in Manhattan federal court, where Carroll is also suing Trump for defamation over an earlier statement about the incident.

The second lawsuit also includes a civil claim under the Adult Survivors Act, a New York law giving adult accusers one year starting on Nov. 24 to sue over alleged sexual misconduct from long ago, even if statutes of limitations expired.

“Typical gamesmanship from Roberta Kaplan,” Trump’s lawyer Alina Habba said in a statement. “This filing is completely inappropriate and we will take up this issue with the court.”

The latest defamation claim stemmed from Trump’s Oct. 12 post on his Truth Social account where the former president lashed out at Carroll, calling her accusations “a Hoax and a lie” and repeating that she was “not my type!”

“E. Jean Carroll is not telling the truth, is a woman who I had nothing to do with, didn’t know, and would have no interest in knowing her if I ever had the chance,” Trump said.

“Now all I have to do is go through years more of legal nonsense in order to clear my name of her and her lawyer’s phony attacks on me,” he added. “This can only happen to ‘Trump’!”

To support her battery claim, Carroll said Trump’s alleged assault caused her lasting psychological harm, a loss of dignity and significant pain and suffering, and left her unable to sustain a romantic relationship.

The proposed lawsuit seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages, and a retraction of Trump’s statement.

Carroll’s earlier lawsuit stemmed from Trump’s June 2019 statement denying that he raped her, and saying she concocted their alleged encounter to sell her forthcoming book.

A Washington, D.C., appeals court will consider in January whether Trump, who was then in the White House, acted as president when he first branded Carroll a liar.

If the court found that Trump acted in his official capacity when he spoke, and the United States could be substituted as a defendant, then Carroll’s lawsuit would fail because the government is shielded from defamation claims.

In a letter to U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, who oversees that case, Carroll asked to delay the scheduled trial to April 10, and have it cover both lawsuits.

Trump’s lawyers have proposed a May 8 trial that does not address the second lawsuit, court papers show.

A status conference is scheduled for Nov. 22.

The case is Carroll v. Trump, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 20-07311.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Quit reading MSM and Fox he has 70% confidence vote from the Rep. party,

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
He's already been heard saying that if Trump runs he won't and he is the only candidate that has more than 10% Rep. support

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

He is still denying the election results now he is advocating for a new election in Arizona for the midterms, the elections gotta get fixed to much shady stuff is happening like more votes than voters in a lotta districts and machine break downs in mainly conservative areas during these last elections

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well that would assume with certainty that trump would lose the election in 2024 and that if he did he wouldn't just run for the nomination again.

The only way to guarantee trump is out of the picture for DeSantis is to beat him now - otherwise he might very well still be in future races for the next decade.

Now maybe RD decides it's better to wait a decade but honestly - his star is rising now and he's unlikely to get a better shot at it than he has at the moment.
It would be his second term and ineligible for 2028

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Trump defamed me again, rape accuser Carroll says in forthcoming lawsuit
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Jonathan Stempel
Publishing date:Nov 17, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read

NEW YORK — The writer accusing Donald Trump of raping her 27 years ago said the former U.S. president defamed her a second time last month by falsely telling his social media followers that he had not known her and the rape never happened.

E. Jean Carroll, a former Elle magazine columnist, made the accusation in a lawsuit she plans to file on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, accusing Trump of battery over their alleged encounter at the Bergdorf Goodman department store in Manhattan.

A draft of the lawsuit was included in a Thursday filing by her lawyer Roberta Kaplan in Manhattan federal court, where Carroll is also suing Trump for defamation over an earlier statement about the incident.

The second lawsuit also includes a civil claim under the Adult Survivors Act, a New York law giving adult accusers one year starting on Nov. 24 to sue over alleged sexual misconduct from long ago, even if statutes of limitations expired.

“Typical gamesmanship from Roberta Kaplan,” Trump’s lawyer Alina Habba said in a statement. “This filing is completely inappropriate and we will take up this issue with the court.”

The latest defamation claim stemmed from Trump’s Oct. 12 post on his Truth Social account where the former president lashed out at Carroll, calling her accusations “a Hoax and a lie” and repeating that she was “not my type!”

“E. Jean Carroll is not telling the truth, is a woman who I had nothing to do with, didn’t know, and would have no interest in knowing her if I ever had the chance,” Trump said.

“Now all I have to do is go through years more of legal nonsense in order to clear my name of her and her lawyer’s phony attacks on me,” he added. “This can only happen to ‘Trump’!”

To support her battery claim, Carroll said Trump’s alleged assault caused her lasting psychological harm, a loss of dignity and significant pain and suffering, and left her unable to sustain a romantic relationship.

The proposed lawsuit seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages, and a retraction of Trump’s statement.

Carroll’s earlier lawsuit stemmed from Trump’s June 2019 statement denying that he raped her, and saying she concocted their alleged encounter to sell her forthcoming book.

A Washington, D.C., appeals court will consider in January whether Trump, who was then in the White House, acted as president when he first branded Carroll a liar.

If the court found that Trump acted in his official capacity when he spoke, and the United States could be substituted as a defendant, then Carroll’s lawsuit would fail because the government is shielded from defamation claims.

In a letter to U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, who oversees that case, Carroll asked to delay the scheduled trial to April 10, and have it cover both lawsuits.

Trump’s lawyers have proposed a May 8 trial that does not address the second lawsuit, court papers show.

A status conference is scheduled for Nov. 22.

The case is Carroll v. Trump, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 20-07311.
I guess if she keeps trying she might find a judge that won't toss the case

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
He is still denying the election results now he is advocating for a new election in Arizona for the midterms, the elections gotta get fixed to much shady stuff is happening like more votes than voters in a lotta districts and machine break downs in mainly conservative areas during these last elections
Their system sucks and allows more fraud than ours does and there IS fraud in every election there, but lots of independant investigations have been done and it's never reached a point where it actually came close to interfering with who won. I mean - i have no doubt there was fraud in the last election, it would be severely unusual for there NOT to be, and it woudln't shock me to find most of it came from democrat supporters, but there's no way it made any meaningful difference and people just don't like to hear it. Especially after 6 of jan.

Their big problem is that their "federal" elections are run by the state. THat's a serious problem, you can't get rid of the issues if there's 52 different versions of how to vote.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Their system sucks and allows more fraud than ours does and there IS fraud in every election there, but lots of independant investigations have been done and it's never reached a point where it actually came close to interfering with who won. I mean - i have no doubt there was fraud in the last election, it would be severely unusual for there NOT to be, and it woudln't shock me to find most of it came from democrat supporters, but there's no way it made any meaningful difference and people just don't like to hear it. Especially after 6 of jan.

Their big problem is that their "federal" elections are run by the state. THat's a serious problem, you can't get rid of the issues if there's 52 different versions of how to vote.
The problem was and is the AG's aren't following up with investigations and laying charges, some of the worst states the AG's benefitted from the system