do you have the backbone?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
SirJosephPorter

And ‘sicko’, is that the best you can do?
Do what ?describe a fruitcake like yourself ? Trust me ,it doesn't take much .
Again, you disappoint me.
This is your inferiority complex , so common in fruitcakes .

Don’t you want to excel yourself in mud slinging so that the post will be deleted by the moderators?

Let me tell you something ,someone who writes that one of Canada's greatest accomplishments is legalizing a homosexual marriage is not only insulting Canada, (my country) but also insulting its citizens . As far as the moderators go , Sir fruitcake ,
I'm convinced that in their wisdom and intelligence they will do what is proper .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
China,

For a guy who likes to delve into deep philosophical mental masturbation, you sure dive into the deep end of the cess pool over trivial stuff.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
China doesn't like gays I see.

China likes Chairman Mao. He seems to have some deep seated hostility towards gays; it is usually prevalent in closet gays.

I wonder if they give death penalty to gays in China. They seem to have a fairly easy going attitude towards killing people, life is cheap in China. Look at how many they killed in Tiananmen Square. Probably the proudest moment of China.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if they give gays the death penalty over there. After all, China doesn’t have one of the most brutal, vicious, murderous dictatorships in the world for nothing (their economic capitalism notwithstanding).

Anyway, coming back to has hostility towards gay, it wouldn’t surprise me if it comes from the fact that he may be a closet homosexual (there are so many of them, such as Larry Craig, Ted Haggard and so on).

Do what ?describe a fruitcake like yourself ?

China, that is Mr. Fruitcake to you.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
China,

For a guy who likes to delve into deep philosophical mental masturbation, you sure dive into the deep end of the cess pool over trivial stuff.

Careful, Cliffy. Since he doesn’t know English very well, don’t use big words in talking to him (such as masturbation, he probably doesn’t know what it is, it may be banned in his country) or trivial.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Cliffy
For a guy who likes to delve into deep philosophical mental masturbation, you sure dive into the deep end of the cess pool over trivial stuff

Agree ,one has to dive deep to get down to your level of what you can call reasoning , understanding .Perhaps you should stick with masturbation .....just a helpful thought .

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

Conservative attitude is that Canadians are just a bunch of Communist savages, and it is up to Americans to bring civilization (in the form of conservatism) to Canada.

Here I'll disagree with you. They don't want to bring civilization to Canada. They don't care about Canada enough for that. They just don't want Canadian (or any other foreign) values or ideas to become entrenched here.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
First off, the Faux show was supposed to be a comedy (not being funny doesn't make it not a comedy - look at The Family Guy) and truth isn't all that important in comedies. Look at how many sitcoms there are where the guy is stupid and gets into trouble while the smart wife has to help him out (the Fred Flinstone syndrome). What percentage of them are the opposite scenario?

Secondly, we have no idea how many Americans Mercer had to talk to before he found one with something stupid to say. I'm quite sure if Leno came to TO and did Jay-Walking he would get the same results.

I wasn't debating the value of either show. I really don't care all that much. Red Eye is actually supposed to be satire rather than straight comedy. I think it was like Fox's answer to the Daily Show.

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Conservatives like FOX. That's fine. I just find it strange a Canadian would like it. They trash Canada pretty seriously. I haven't seen Rick Mercer in years, but all I saw was his "Talking to Americans" bit. I can't say I think it's anti-American since it's really just like Jay Leno's segment "Jaywalking". Either way, I doubt Americans care much. I've lived here almost 5 years and never had an American bring it up."

Tracy, yes, I am a consevative Canasian and I like FOX. I also like CNN. We, conservatives are not imprisoned in just one kind of idealogical cocoon, that's why we tend to be better informed, with broader horizons and with a far lesser propensity for name-calling than our liberal friends.

Since I -admittedly - watch FOXNews, I can say with full confidence that it does not "trash Canada pretty seriously". In my post I encouraged you to show examples to prove your claim rgat it does. You came up blank.

If you chose to believe rhe absurd nonsense that FOX is the mouthpiece of the Republican party while CNN is totally objective, or that Townhall is a hate site, or that the New York Times or the Wahington Post are the bastions of integrity, then you probably believe that the Huffington Post has unbiased bloggers, or that the MSM is not in the tank for Obama, or that MSNBC talking head, Chris Matthews is a Republican, as claimed by SirJosephPorter, who - by his own admission does not watch MSNBC.

I also lived in the States for six years, and found that the topic of Canada among Americans comes up about as frequently as an apology from a liberal. So, if a third rate, middle-of-the-night "comedy show" host utters the nonsense that he did, don't take it seriously. I heard worse about Canada from Bill Maher, Jack Rafferty and even Lou Dobbs.

And far worse about Americans told by many patriotic Canadians on these forums.

Life is to short not to laugh a little.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Better informed and with broader horizons than your liberal friends? Well, good for you. It must be great to know how much better you are than the general population. Considering you claim to be so much better informed, I'm surprised you never heard any of this:

Ann Coulter goes on Fox News to discuss Canada. - CollegeHumor Video

The liberal on that show refuses to even describe himself as a liberal! Talk about balanced! Put on a staunch conservative with a guy who says he's an independent, not a liberal, and say it's balanced? That's the kind of foolishness Fox News does and some of its viewers just lap it up. They ignore the obvious truth (like balanced would mean a staunch liberal with a staunch conservative).

Or how about this one?

Media Matters - FOX's O'Reilly fabricated evidence of success of purported boycott

It's hardly Bill O'Reilly's first time complaining about Canada. He's one of their most popular hosts. Maybe instead of waiting for me to find you clips, you could just look them up yourself.

Media Matters - Fox News contributor Dietl on Imus : "It looks like the pilgrimage in to Mecca, the amount of 'Aba Dabba Doos' that are coming in from Canada in to the United States"

You gotta love a Fox commentator who uses such enlightened terms about Arabs coming from Canada.

Media Matters - Blame Canada! Cavuto: "[H]ave the Canadians gotten a little too big for their britches?"

That one is one of my favorites! How can you not laught at a segment where the on screen text reads: "CANADA: AN ENEMY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?"

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
BTW, I never said I though Fox was the mouthpiece of the Republican party or CNN was completely objective or any of the other stuff you suggest. I said Fox News doesn't like Canada. Period.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
BTW, I never said I though Fox was the mouthpiece of the Republican party or CNN was completely objective or any of the other stuff you suggest. I said Fox News doesn't like Canada. Period.

That was me, Tracy (and I stand by what I said). Unfortunately, Yukon Jack doesn’t worry about niceties like that. To him, all his adversaries look alike. SJP, Tracy, what is the difference.

A while ago Sir Francis took also him to task for attributing my post to him.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
talking head, Chris Matthews is a Republican, as claimed by SirJosephPorter, who - by his own admission does not watch MSNBC.

Yukon Jack, I do not watch MSNBC. However, I have watched Matthews for quite a while, a few years ago (when Clinton was the President). In those days, CNBC was part of the basic package (it isn’t any longer) and it used to carry Hardball.

I remember Matthews was pretty hard on Clinton. When Broderick story (far right accused Clinton of raping Broderick) failed to get any traction with the press, Matthews suggested that Democrats should keep the story alive. He wanted Democratic senators to approach Clinton with a demand that he make a statement regarding Broderick.

Chris Matthews is (or perhaps was) a Republican, and he was quite hard on Clinton. Your problem is that he supports Obama. Well, touch noogies, live with it.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Thought this thread was about Australia's Howard. My mistake. Sorry.

That is how the thread started, Gilbert. But you know how threads are, it has wandered all over the place.

I think Howard was dispensed with pretty quickly, everybody was pretty much in agreement with what he said. Once you agree over something, what is left to be said? When there is a disagreement (particularly strong disagreement, that is when the fun begins).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Australia was never attacked. Howard used a foreign attack to pull rights and freedoms and make lots of money like all other politicians did abusing the incident(s) for personal gain.

I doubt fags had anything to do with it.

I have 33 backbones. Why look up to someone with only one?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Chris Matthews is (or perhaps was) a Republican, and he was quite hard on Clinton. Your problem is that he supports Obama. Well, touch noogies, live with it."

SirJosephPorter WHY do you still insist - albeit in a sitting-on-the-fence, CYA way ("or perhaps was") - that Chris Matthews is Republican? He left the Republican Party about the same time the Democratic Party left Ronald Reagan.

So what, if he was hard on Clinton? Heavens, man, during Clinton's rather checkered Presidency even his most ardent admirers and supporters were hard on him, once in a while. (e.g. Robert Byrd and/or Hillary Clinton).

If Matthews is (or was) a Republican, why did he try to run to be a Representative in the House as a Democrat? (He lost the Democratic Primary). And why did he entertain the idea of running for a U.S. Senate seat on 2008 as a Democrat? (changed his mind).

BTW, using your logic, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and many others, who were and still are hard on John McCain, must be a Democrats.

Since you have not seen Matthews since his CNBC days, you probably grossly underrated his "support" for Obama. WORSHIP would have been a more appropriate choice of words.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Tracy, impressive collection of FOXNews contributors, anchors and commentators, who offended your sensibilities while they appeared on or hosted their own show on FOXNews.

I looked up some youtube clips, articles, etc. by other Americans. I found that if you boycott FOXNews for perceived anti-Canadian bias, you should also boycott the Comedy Network, (Stewart and Colbert), NBC (Leno), CBS (Letterman), CNN (Cafferty and Dobbs),
who were less than kind on Canada, once in a while.

Of course, the Canadian media were always nice, polite and respectful of America, and especially of President Bush.