Did 47 U.S. Senators Just Commit Treason

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hmn... seems like the 47 did exactly what the act says they're not supposed to do.

There were no negotiations.

United States Senators are representatives of the US Government.

Unchanged and unused... until now maybe? It'll look good on em if they are charged with breaching this act and held accountable for it. They should be.
They will not be charged.

You will be mad

Sorry Serry!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Treason? No. Contravening the Logan Act? Certainly looks that way on the surface. Nothing will come of it.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
OK, and who has said that "Iran war on terror" is an enemy of the United States? Just because one jackoff says it don't make it so.

Ah, "de facto." Which, I believe, means "in the opinion of yet another jackoff on the internet."

Amusing myself by reading the opinions of the ignorant and stupid before trotting off to bed.
We seem to have something in common....I feel the same way reading your posts....hmmmm

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
There were no negotiations.

United States Senators are representatives of the US Government.

They will not be charged.

You will be mad

Sorry Serry!

Think you need to read what I said there Eagle.

Again :

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."
Says nothing about it needing to be specifically negotiations. If they "indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States"...

Which they did by writing that letter AND stating that if any positive decision was made it would not likely be held up under the next president.

Again, ANY citizen, and no mention of negotiation what so ever. They don't NEED to negotiate. They just need to do exactly what these idiots did; converse with a foreign government with the intent to influence the measures or conduct of said foreign government in regards to a dispute with the US.

Sorry Eagle, you are in the wrong this time.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Think you need to read what I wrote there Eagle.

I read it all Serry.

Again:

Says nothing about it needing to be specifically negotiations. If they "indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States"...

Which they did by writing that letter AND stating that if any positive decision was made it would not likely be held up under the next president.

Again, no mention of negotiation what so ever. They don't NEED to negotiate. They just need to do exactly what these idiots did; converse with a foreign government with the intent to influence the measures or conduct of said foreign government in regards to a dispute with the US.

Sorry Eagle, you are in the wrong this time.
Sorry Serry... you are now cutting out the key parts to bolster your claim.

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States,..."

United States Senators clearly have authority.

Sorry Serry.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Treason? No. Contravening the Logan Act? Certainly looks that way on the surface. Nothing will come of it.

That's the worst part because you're likely right. And meanwhile these idiots make the US look like fools.

I read it all Serry.

Sorry Serry... you are now cutting out the key parts to bolster your claim.

LOL! I'M cutting out? No, think the only cutting out is you. If you're going to quote me, quote all my post, not just part of it to try and prove your point.

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Yes you cut it out... See?

LOL! I'M cutting out? No, think the only cutting out is you. If you're going to quote me, quote all my post, not just part of it to try and prove your point.

Now you added it back in... but you did cut it out.

They are United States Senators... elected representatives of the United States Government and members of the United States Congress.

Sorry Serry.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Weather will dictate they move from the area sooner rather than later by the look of it, 'they' would just populate to the places that already have those things would they not?

The 'spring' should save blizzards of wet snow rather than the dry powerdy snow that comes with cold wind-chills. Latest one I've seen are after the trees are full of leaves but before crops are so tall they break.

A freighter canoe can hold a variety of different motors and a trampoline straddling 2 canoes makes it a 'truck' (adjust as needed) The ones made of 'thick tinfoil' allows some 'denting' to take place and it can be repaired by, . . . . wait for it, . . . a tinfoil-hat. In the places that are always calm a sail-board would have some sort of shaft going out the back so it planed along at 30kph. In one area I know of if you could launch a fighter kite the winds are fast enough that you would be moving pretty fast. Those are the days all boaters at the lake are in camp getting drunk but over at the swamp the moss means the wind doesn't get to start any waves yet 10 ft above the water the wind is gusting at 80-100kph.
Sailboats would have small sails at the top of the mast and the 'deck' would be pretty calm air as it would be based in speed over the water.

I hear someplace on the east coast of the US is getting big chunks of ice near shore, I think that is a hint that the snow being moved around on land should be dumped in the ocean rather than being stock-piled on land. The current will take it to the UK, just sayin.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Twiddling my thumbs until some arrests are made, what are you guys hoping for? So far it is this far.
Petition to charge Republican senators with treason over Iran deal takes off - National Politics | Examiner.com

When doing nothing the weather it one step up from that. His weather is about to get more interesting tan a Chinook turning into a steady Chinook. Last time that happened Winnipeg almost floated away.

Note to self: The canoes and trampoline would solve the diving board height issue. Might even have a rent a heavy person for that extra height thingy and screw in anchors would solve the wobble issue if desired

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Obama is negotiating a treaty which will allow Iran to become a nuclear weapons state. If one does not support the idea of nuclear weapons proliferation Obama is a poor negotiator.

I thought Obama was in favor of nuclear disarmament. Apparently not.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Obama is negotiating a treaty which will allow Iran to become a nuclear weapons state. If one does not support the idea of nuclear weapons proliferation Obama is a poor negotiator.

I thought Obama was in favor of nuclear disarmament. Apparently not.

Pathway to the bomb in 10 years tops.

You can get a lot of rounds of golf in by then.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ben Norton ‏@BenjaminNorton BREAKING: Someone leaked a copy of the letter the #47Traitors GOP Senators sent to Iran