DiCaprio nearly killed by climate change in Calgary

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
these are the morons along with floss and waldoon that are spewing al gore's fiction. :lol:

Hollywood Actor Witnesses Climate Change – Or a “Chinook”, as Locals Call It

As long-time Calgarians know, winter here can be long and cold, but chinook winds can provide an occasional and welcome – and sometimes dramatic – relief from the chill.

For someone unfamiliar with winter in southern Alberta, a sudden onset of a chinook might seem rather strange. For Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio, though, it seemed to him more like a first-hand brush with “scary” and “dramatic” global warming:
“We were in Calgary and the locals were saying, ‘This has never happened in our province ever,’” he said to the largely guild and Academy audience. “We would come and there would be eight feet of snow, and then all of a sudden a warm gust of wind would come.”

While there has been a lot of talk about the difficulty of making the film, which was shot in sequence using only natural light, DiCaprio said to imagine relying solely on what nature gives you, and then realizing that “thousands of people” need to be put on hold when the elements aren’t cooperating.

“And of course, I’m not talking about climate change in relation to movies and how difficult it’s going to be to make movies,” he said, “but it was scary. I’ve never experienced something so firsthand that was so dramatic. You see the fragility of nature and how easily things can be completely transformed with just a few degrees difference. It’s terrifying, and it’s what people are talking about all over the world. And it’s simply just going to get worse.”

I’m not sure who these “locals” were, since “this” happens all the time in Calgary. If DiCaprio wants to make the case that global warming is something we should worry about, then he needs to try harder than this. We quite enjoy our chinooks, thank you very much.

Hollywood Actor Witnesses Climate Change – Or a “Chinook”, as Locals Call It | News Talk 770 (CHQR)

‘Hateful Eight,’ ‘Revenant’ Productions Witnessed Climate Change Firsthand | Variety

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
You really can Fool Some of the People ALL of the time.

If you scour the world for micro climate events, and ignore all those that don't support the thesis.. well you're in compliance with the whole AGW industry.

And if you don't have the intellectual abilities or integrity to see beyond that, well you're just another moron in the entertainment industry.. or academia.. who see supporting the great graven idols of our time as a savvy career move.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I’m not sure who these “locals” were, since “this” happens all the time in Calgary. If DiCaprio wants to make the case that global warming is something we should worry about, then he needs to try harder than this. We quite enjoy our chinooks, thank you very much.

You OTHER locals just don't know and are uneducated. If DiCaprio and the REAL locals say it has never happened then IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED... Got it?! DiCaprio knows far more than any locals... he's in the movies.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You really can Fool Some of the People ALL of the time.

If you scour the world for micro climate events, and ignore all those that don't support the thesis.. well you're in compliance with the whole AGW industry.

And if you don't have the intellectual abilities or integrity to see beyond that, well you're just another moron in the entertainment industry.. or academia.. who see supporting the great graven idols of our time as a savvy career move.

So where is this supposed cleft between religion and science? Here we have faith based science dictating the future direction of humanity. The drivers of this congame have both the religious and the scientific people in thrall.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
coming from BC.
You lack a sense of direction, huh. I have heard of that problem. My sympathies. We have Gliberals over here. They are also a windy bunch, but too weak to influence AB.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You lack a sense of direction, huh. I have heard of that problem. My sympathies. We have Gliberals over here. They are also a windy bunch.

The winds come over the mountains from BC, just because you can't keep your political parties straight doesn't mean I have a poor sense of direction.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The winds come over the mountains from BC,
As I said, the Gliberals are windy but too weak to influence AB.
just because you can't keep your political parties straight doesn't mean I have a poor sense of direction.
Christy Clark
(b. 1965)
MLA for Vancouver-Point Grey (until 2013)
MLA for Westside-Kelowna (from 2013) 14 March 2011

Appointment (39th Parliament)
2013 election (40th Parliament)
Liberal Party
Named leader in 2011

Rachel Notley
(b. 1964)
MLA for Edmonton-Strathcona 24 May 2015

2015 election (29th Assembly)
New Democratic Party
Named leader in 2014

Like I said, I am sad that you have a crappy sense of direction. And apparently crappy applies to your idea of provincial politics, too.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Like I said, chinooks come over the mountains from BC.. either it is YOU that has the crappy sense of direction by referencing the NDP as the source, or, you are down to scraping the bottom of the barrel for analogies to dis the NDP.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nope. The chinooks come from the Pacific, not BC.

My comment was a joke and it seems to have indicated that you have no sense of humour as well. Are you lacking any more senses than those?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Nope. The chinooks come from the Rockies, not BC.

All water is squeezed at about 2000ft (cant remember). The water from the wet air coming from the ocean gets squeezed out by the rockies as it travels overtop the rockies. Which when they reach Alberta are dry.

The source is from the Pacific while at the same time being a product of the rockies.

Sorry for my English, im very drunk right now

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Nope. The chinooks come from the Rockies, not BC.

My comment was a joke and it seems to have indicated that you have no sense of humour as well. Are you lacking any more senses than those?

What Johnny said....... so I guess we can put you in the same boat as DiCaprio.