Democrats Truly Are Feckin' Stupid.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sad but true. Even with the cash register showing what the change should be, many times I've seen cashiers hesitate when giving change. Seriously. When I decided to retire, in training any individuals (yes, it was plural b'cuz most of them simply couldn't get the concept of what the job entailed & had to be let go) I realized that I thought I was bad at math - hell, I'm a genius based on what I saw. They couldn't understand percentages, pro-rating etc. It was extremely disturbing and I wondered what these kids are being taught in school. Needless to say, my former employer is STILL trying to fill the position as I wasn't willing to stay any longer on the job. I did manage to train one person but she didn't last long - apparently the "work load" was too much to handle. Gez, I did it for 18 years! Guess work is the last thing they actually want to do. Not all are like this but the ones I interacted with were.

Now that apparently there's a "new math" and that 2+2 doesn't necessarily = 4, the future of engineers that I'm seeing will mean bridges, roads & tunnels falling apart because the math just doesn't work. ;)
You just can't fix "stupid". :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek