Daylight savings time .........

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Whatever happened to Ontario staying on daylight savings time year around!
Anything come out of new York and Quebec about it???
i havent heard any update. i was hoping they would make dst universal/worldwide. 💡 🕰️

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think BC doesn't "fall back" this October.

Darkness at 15:30 is fucking ridiculous, depressing and cruel.

It takes 17-21 days to physically and mentally adjust.

That equates to 10-15% of a person's life being fucked up over silliness concocted by railway moguls to save big $$$ on stoking boilers 125 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Whatever happened to Ontario staying on daylight savings time year around!
Anything come out of new York and Quebec about it???
Staying on Standard Time year around would make more sense. At least that way you'd always have the correct time. (within an hour)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Staying on Standard Time year around would make more sense. At least that way you'd always have the correct time. (within an hour)
You live in B C don't you? and not up to the news there?
BC is in the same predicament that Ontario is in!
B T W It's called Pacific time not standard time and the rest of your post doesn't make any sense!

The B.C. legislature passed legislation in 2019 giving the province the power to stop seasonal time changes — but the process has been delayed by a failure by U.S. states in the same time zone to follow suit. “I've heard from businesses, I've heard with people, they want to stay in contact with the Pacific time zone.Mar. 12, 2021

• Wow

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You won't go to ST. DST will be permanent meaning no "fall back" with more light at the end of the day.

I love it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
B T W It's called Pacific time not standard time and the rest of your post doesn't make any sense!

The B.C. legislature passed legislation in 2019 giving the province the power to stop seasonal time changes — but the process has been delayed by a failure by U.S. states in the same time zone to follow suit. “I've heard from businesses, I've heard with people, they want to stay in contact with the Pacific time zone.Mar. 12, 2021
The Washington excuse? Really?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
DaSleeper said:
The post makes perfect sense, Standard time applies to ALL time zones where the time is in Sync. with the sun hence the correct time! D.S.T. only applies to the zones where people insist on screwing around with the clock. Pacific time is the time in the zone on the west coast of N.A. Is that too much for you to handle Sleepy? :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What kind of brain donor thinks that cutting a foot off of your blanket and sewing on to the other end is going to give you a bigger blanket ?
Glad to see some common sense on this subject! A wise old Indian had that figured out years ago. :)