CRT in schools

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Apparently your definition of CRT isn't the same as mine by the sounds of it. You keep saying that it isn't being taught in Canadians schools but that is an out right lie. There are teachers who are losing their jobs because they refuse to teach this garbage. So what is CRT to you? For me, it's a Marxist ideology which states that pretty much "anything goes" especially when it comes to our kids. That is who I want to protect from this garbage. Our kids have enough on their plates as it is with technology & other things happening at a fairly rapid pace. WE do not need to "sexualize" our kids on top of it - by confusing them about their identity. There are only TWO genders - male & female and to say otherwise is not SCIENCE but IDEOLOGY!!

Well obviously we've different definitions; mine is the real one, yours is some made up crap to fit your ideals. CRT has NOTHING to do with Marxism; FFS the man was bones by the time CRT became a thing. But if you want to keep that definition, that's on you, just don't claim that CRT is equal to it.

I already defined CRT for you, btw. You must'a missed it/ignored it.

Also, science is proving more than two genders, but don't let that get in the way of your ignorance.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
…& this is why I was asking a few days back how each person was defining CRT because I think that’s the core of this debate.

School boards, superintendents, even principals and teachers are already facing questions about critical race theory, and there are significant disagreements even among experts about its precise definition as well as how its tenets should inform K-12 policy and practice. This explainer is meant only as a starting point to help educators grasp core aspects of the current debate.

….and there are significant disagreements even among experts about its precise definition as well as how its tenets should inform K-12 policy and practice….

Fundamentally, though, the disagreement springs from different conceptions of racism. CRT puts an emphasis on outcomes, not merely on individuals’ own beliefs, and it calls on these outcomes to be examined and rectified. Among lawyers, teachers, policymakers, and the general public, there are many disagreements about how precisely to do those things, and to what extent race should be explicitly appealed to or referred to in the process.

Scholars who study critical race theory in education look at how policies and practices in K-12 education contribute to persistent racial inequalities in education, and advocate for ways to change them.

What I have posted here so far does not state that CTR IS or ISN’T taught in K-12.

While some district officials have issued mission statements, resolutions, or spoken about changes in their policies using some of the discourse of CRT, it’s not clear to what degree educators are explicitly teaching the concepts, or even using curriculum materials or other methods that implicitly draw on them. For one thing, scholars say, much scholarship on CRT is written in academic language or published in journals not easily accessible to K-12 teachers.

Among the topics they’ve studied: racially segregated schools, the underfunding of majority-Black and Latino school districts, disproportionate disciplining of Black students, barriers to gifted programs and selective-admission high schools, and curricula that reinforce racist ideas.

As of mid-May, legislation purporting to outlaw CRT in schools has passed in Idaho, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Tennessee and have been proposed in various other statehouses.

The bills are so vaguely written that it’s unclear what they will affirmatively cover. It’s also unclear whether these new bills are constitutional, or whether they impermissibly restrict free speech. It would be extremely difficult, in any case, to police what goes on inside hundreds of thousands of classrooms.

…& again this is why I was asking a few days back how each person was defining CRT because I think that’s the core of this debate.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
LGBTQ Rights, CRT, & Reproductive Rights debates, on both sides of the issue, seem to mix concepts and definitions together back up their side of the debate(s)….& these are being mixed in with other educational techniques, which further clouds the issue(s), so I see the confusion all going back to the definition of each.
1674088682656.png
OK, the above YouTube video is more than an hour long and nobody’s gonna watch more than the first three minutes. In all honesty, I didn’t watch more than the first three minutes…. But I am watching the next one on the big screen right now:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well obviously we've different definitions; mine is the real one, yours is some made up crap to fit your ideals. CRT has NOTHING to do with Marxism; FFS the man was bones by the time CRT became a thing. But if you want to keep that definition, that's on you, just don't claim that CRT is equal to it.

I already defined CRT for you, btw. You must'a missed it/ignored it.

Also, science is proving more than two genders, but don't let that get in the way of your ignorance.
Meh, she's got her boogeyman. To her, as to many conservatives, all these buzzwords just mean "'Tain't like when I was a kid."

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Always amusing watching a couple of lefties jerk each other off when they've lost the point :)

Oh and uhhh.. as to whether or not critical race theory has "nothing" to do with Marxism.... ima just gonna leave this here:

Turns out CRT is, in fact, heavily influenced by Marxism. Imagine that

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Always amusing watching a couple of lefties jerk each other off when they've lost the point :)

Oh and uhhh.. as to whether or not critical race theory has "nothing" to do with Marxism.... ima just gonna leave this here:

Turns out CRT is, in fact, heavily influenced by Marxism. Imagine that
Replace worker with the alleged disenfranchised and identity politics and youve got modern Marxism.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Meh, she's got her boogeyman. To her, as to many conservatives, all these buzzwords just mean "'Tain't like when I was a kid."
Since the start of colonization of nNorth America and the industrial revolution nothing has been like I was a kid .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Replace worker with the alleged disenfranchised and identity politics and youve got modern Marxism.
This is the thing. They very clearly share some very specific things, are based generally on the same philosophy and principle, and have a few differences. There's a clear connection between Marxism and CRT. You can't say CRT is marxism but it's very closely connected. To suggest they have (dramatic pause.... ) NOOOOOTHING!!!!!! to do with one another is basically to admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When Kimberle Crenshaw says CRT is:

Critical race theory is an explicitly left-wing movement inspired by the thinking of an Italian neo-Marxist, Antonio Gramsci. Against classic Marxism, for which material conditions are primary, Gramsci (1891-1937) focused on “hegemony”—the system of beliefs that “reinforces existing social arrangements and convinces the dominated classes that the existing order is inevitable,” as Ms. Crenshaw puts it.

If propents at this level say its Marxist, its fucking Marxist.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
had a 36" 4:3 one in the past. would have preferred a 4k 1:1 tv and computer monitor. odd that modern tvs only have 2 speakers. thought that by now, modern tvs would have had at least 3 speakers.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
had a 36" 4:3 one in the past. would have preferred a 4k 1:1 tv and computer monitor. odd that modern tvs only have 2 speakers. thought that by now, modern tvs would have had at least 3 speakers.
Yours doesnt have a center channel pumping bass?