Covid 19 - What's the truth?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Phoenyx

Nominee Member
Apr 25, 2020
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7045880/
If you want to know something about the covid genome read this over.

The article that my medical journalist friend (Rosemary Frei) co-wrote doesn't seem to think that's enough to warrant being sure that Cov 2 exists. I've looked at a few comments from people who have actually read her article (something I'm not sure anyone here has done yet) and the comment that sticks out the most for me is this one:
The limitations of Koch’s criteria are even more obvious when we consider viral diseases, which were not yet discovered when the postulates were formulated. Thomas Rivers, who has been called the ‘father of modern virology’, wrote:

‘‘It is unfortunate that so many workers blindly followed the rules, because Koch himself quickly realized that in certain instances all the conditions could not be met. . . . Thus, in regard to certain diseases, particularly those caused by viruses, the blind adherence to Koch’s postulates may act as a hindrance instead of an aid.’’

Many viruses do not cause illness in all infected individuals, a requirement of postulate #1. An example is poliovirus, which causes paralytic disease in about 1% of those infected. Further compromising postulate #1 is the fact that infection with the same virus may lead to markedly different diseases, while different viruses may cause the same disease. Postulates #2 and #3 cannot be fulfilled for viruses that do not replicate in cell culture, or for which a suitable animal model has not been identified.

https://www.virology.ws/2010/01/22/kochs-postulates-in-the-21st-century/

Also, just found another one, which, in retrospect, I'm guessing one of the posters was alluding to (without actually saying it):
"Sars-Cov2 is an RNA virus. It contains no DNA."

I'll bring these things up with her.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Here's what I know.

Covid kills people horribly.

Covid leaves people with medical issues even after it's 'over'.

Covid has a curious child-illness similar to Kawasaki disease that is extremely bad for kids.

Covid is hard to survive through and even if you survive, you're shyte worthless after.

Covid can be asymptomatic in people and can spread horribly quickly.

Covid already has had one mutation - if not more - that makes it spread quicker.

-----

So the issue then isn't to explain off your articles, rather to ask why the HELL are you posting them to begin with?

Phoenyx

Nominee Member
Apr 25, 2020
Here's what I know.

Covid has a curious child-illness similar to Kawasaki disease that is extremely bad for kids.
Covid is hard to survive through and even if you survive, you're shyte worthless after.
Covid already has had one mutation - if not more - that makes it spread quicker.

Tell me, how do you "know" that a new virus called Cov 2 was responsible for all of these things?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Here's what I know.
-----
So the issue then isn't to explain off your articles, rather to ask why the HELL are you posting them to begin with?

Dont bother, I'm sure she will have more bullshit mumbo jumbo. The fact that she is an anti-vaxxer tells us all what her "creds" are.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian

Opening a Country With a Closed Mind

Coronavirus & Darwin Team Up to Teach America a Science Lesson.

Phoenyx

Nominee Member
Apr 25, 2020
Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian
Opening a Country With a Closed Mind
Coronavirus & Darwin Team Up to Teach America a Science Lesson.

I've seen that before. I think she has some good points and some flawed points.

Phoenyx

Nominee Member
Apr 25, 2020
And what would the flawed points be.

Not going to comb through the video to go looking for them and then laboriously transcribing what she said. Generally speaking, I like using articles for debating- it's a simple copy paste to quote those.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not going to comb through the video to go looking for them and then laboriously transcribing what she said. Generally speaking, I like using articles for debating- it's a simple copy paste to quote those.

Ya, that's what I figured.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Here's what I know.....Covid leaves people with medical issues even after it's 'over'.
Can confirm have had a dreadful summer because of Covid after-effects.

Worked like a dog all winter so I had money to take various fishing trips now find myself too sick to go-am off to try my hand next week but no idea how things will be wrestling a small skiff against the North Pacific when I'm this weak-probably not too well.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Can confirm have had a dreadful summer because of Covid after-effects.
Worked like a dog all winter so I had money to take various fishing trips now find myself too sick to go-am off to try my hand next week but no idea how things will be wrestling a small skiff against the North Pacific when I'm this weak-probably not too well.

That is shitty, take it easy and be safe.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/106997050_10157319390805812_5358504840559019551_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=HO78vI-3J-MAX9KYaUZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fyka1-1.fna&oh=ee629fcff522e5abec9fcdd8488b1358&oe=5F2C230C
The facebook addict strikes again