COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Has it been stated anywhere that if you decline to take the vaccine that you will not be permitted to go to a pub or to the cinema? Has that been publicly declared?

Yes, it has.
And again, how are you doing in the current covid world? I see you went out to look at Christmas lights? Had a nice go about the community? Still going to the market? Still able to purchase your spirits of choice? Still in your comfortable home with your computer? Internet? TV? Cell phone? Food in the fridge? Beer chilling? Little bit of weed perhaps?
Just because I walk down a street and have a home doesn't mean I'm free with all my civil liberties and human rights. People can walk down the street and have a home in North Korea.

As for purchasing things, I can purchase what I want here but that's not the case in the whole country. In other parts of the country the Government is telling people what they can and can't buy from supermarkets. Some parts of the country has banned alcohol. Not too sure what telling people what they can and cannot buy and banning alcohol is supposed to help in fighting a virus.

There's definitely something fishy occurring.

Reactions: petros

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
We're in a lockdown, you idiot.
Wow, idiot? I really struck a nerve didn't I? It's really is frustrating for you when people challenge you isn't it? You get all worked up and call people names like a little boy. I get it, you're frustrated with covid, we all are. But getting so worked up with me on a message board isn't going to change the situation now is it? I don't think you fully understand what it means to have your civil liberties and human rights taken away. Just think about that for one moment, I mean really think about it. You are free to come and go as you please. You have all the comforts a person requires and perhaps more. You have access to food, water, spirits, a warm bed, a TV, a computer, a phone, a hot shower when you like and the great outdoors.

Reactions: Serryah

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Yes, it has.

Just because I walk down a street and have a home doesn't mean I'm free with all my civil liberties and human rights. People can walk down the street and have a home in North Korea.

As for purchasing things, I can purchase what I want here but that's not the case in the whole country. In other parts of the country the Government is telling people what they can and can't buy from supermarkets. Some parts of the country has banned alcohol. Not too sure what telling people what they can and cannot buy and banning alcohol is supposed to help in fighting a virus.

There's definitely something fishy occurring.
You have many more freedoms than that of a North Korean, you have to know that, please tell me you know that.

And banned from selling alcohol or banned from selling alcohol after a certain time to discourage gatherings? The non-essential thing is something that I disagree with, as what may be considered non-essential to one may in fact be essential to another.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Wow, idiot? I really struck a nerve didn't I? It's really is frustrating for you when people challenge you isn't it? You get all worked up and call people names like a little boy. I get it, you're frustrated with covid, we all are. But getting so worked up with me on a message board isn't going to change the situation now is it? I don't think you fully understand what it means to have your civil liberties and human rights taken away. Just think about that for one moment, I mean really think about it. You are free to come and go as you please. You have all the comforts a person requires and perhaps more. You have access to food, water, spirits, a warm bed, a TV, a computer, a phone, a hot shower when you like and the great outdoors.
Yes I DO understand what it's like to have my civil liberties taken away.

I live in a Tier 3 area - sounds sinister, doesn't it? - which means I cannot invite anyone into my own home, not even family. And of course, I can't go and visit any family members.

I am not allowed to be with more than six people, not counting the more than six people in my home (if that were the case).

All pubs, bars, cafes, restaurants, takeaways, cinemas, theatres, bowling alleys, swimming baths, gyms etc are closed, so I cannot visit any of them. That is, all indoor entertainments are shut. They don't exist anymore.

I need "to seek guidance" on whether or not I can travel outside of the local area.

I cannot leave the country for a foreign holiday.

So don't tell me I don't understand what it's like to have my civil liberties taken away.

And all this for a virus with an average age of death of 82 - higher than the life expectancy, which is 81 - and which has killed less people than the flu.

I'm telling you: there's a hidden agenda here.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Yes I DO understand what it's like to have my civil liberties taken away.

I live in a Tier 3 area - sounds sinister, doesn't it? - which means I cannot invite anyone into my own home, not even family. And of course, I can't go an visit any family members.

I am not allowed to be with more than six people, not counting the more than six people on my home (if that were the case)

All pubs, bars, cafes, restaurants, takeaways, cinemas, theatres, bowling alleys, swimming baths, gyms etc are closed, so I cannot visit any of them

I need "to seek guidance" on whether or not I can travel outside of the local area

I cannot leave the country for a foreign holiday

So don't tell me I don't understand what it's like to have my civil liberties taken away.

And all this for a virus with an average age of death of 82 - higher than the life expectancy, which is 81 - and which has killed less people than the flu.

I'm telling you: there's a hidden agenda here.
I don't think you do know what it means to have your civil liberties taken away from you, no disrespect but I don't think you do. I'm telling you this from someone married to a man who is only second generation Polish Canadian who had relatives living in Poland during the second world war. Trust me, you don't know, nor do I, what it mans to be stripped of civil liberties and freedoms. Not even close.

Does tier-3 sound sinister? No, not really. It sounds like measures are being put in place for areas identified with a very high or very rapidly rising level of infections, and is meant to keep people within those areas safe. And from what I read, you can purchase off-sales and take away. And when this virus is under control, which is something we all hope for, all these restrictions will be lifted and life will carry on.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Agree to disagree then. Having civil liberties and freedoms taken away clearly means something different between you and I.
The problem with you is that you're telling me I haven't been stripped of human rights and civil liberties when it's very clear that I have.

And why is the Government so keen on us having this vaccination that they're soon to issue cards to all vaccinated people and that whoever doesn't have one will be barred from going to bars, restaurants, cafes, theatres, cinemas, swimming baths? They've never done this with other vaccinations, even during other pandemics. So why are they so keen for us to have this one?

I smell a rat.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Experts are just has been drips under pressure. There is a reason they call it medical practice.
I've had numerous encounters with members of the medical profession at different levels and I'm as healthy today as at basically any time in my life. :)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
would you like to see the UK (virus) get as out of control as is happening in the US?? A lot of folks in the US are ignoring the recommendations , and we are seeing the disastrous results. Mind you ....they have no leadership .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Did he not state could, might be and if? That doesn't sound like facts to me.
It's not "could" in Wales. These cards are about to be rolled out there once the vaccinations take place and they'll certainly be introduced in the rest of the country.
would you like to see the UK (virus) get as out of control as is happening in the US?? A lot of folks in the US are ignoring the recommendations , and we are seeing the disastrous results. Mind you ....they have no leadership .
No matter how many times I tell you the facts, they just don't stay in your head, do they? Your head must be like a sieve.

How many times do I have to point out that 90-odd percent of all deaths are of people aged over 80, usually with underlying health issues and obese?

How many times do I have to point out that only 337 people under the age of 60 have died?

How many times do I have to point out that covid is only the 24th-biggest killer in the UK, with one of the bigger killers being flu?

The fact that these facts don't stay in your head suggests someone who is intellectually challenged.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You have all the comforts a person requires and perhaps more. You have access to food, water, spirits, a warm bed, a TV, a computer, a phone, a hot shower when you like and the great outdoors.
Sounds just like life for a low risk Federal prisoner doing life for murdering a spouse.

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
The problem with you is that you're telling me I haven't been stripped of human rights and civil liberties when it's very clear that I have.

And why is the Government so keen on us having this vaccination that they're soon to issue cards to all vaccinated people and that whoever doesn't have one will be barred from going to bars, restaurants, cafes, theatres, cinemas, swimming baths? They've never done this with other vaccinations, even during other pandemics. So why are they so keen for us to have this one?

I smell a rat.
Oh no no, this isn't a me problem, it's a you problem. You are the one claiming that you not being permitted to go down to the local pub, cinema or pool etc. to spread joy is somehow tantamount to the government stripping you of all your God given freedoms. And that there is a sinister plot behind the whole thing and its success hinges on stopping you from going to these places.

And from what I have read, the cards you speak of serve the purpose of having on oneself a record date of immunization and the batch number of the dose given and will act as a reminder for the second dose etc. and will also provide instructions on how to report side effects.