COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Sounds just like life for a low risk Federal prisoner doing life for murdering a spouse.
Except for the guards, bars for a bedroom door, shitter beside the bed, institutionalized food and the foreboding feeling one may get if they drop the soap in the shower, yeah it's pretty much the same.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
It's not "could" in Wales. These cards are about to be rolled out there once the vaccinations take place and they'll certainly be introduced in the rest of the country.

No matter how many times I tell you the facts, they just don't stay in your head, do they? Your head must be like a sieve.

How many times do I have to point out that 90-odd percent of all deaths are of people aged over 80, usually with underlying health issues and obese?

How many times do I have to point out that only 337 people under the age of 60 have died?

How many times do I have to point out that covid is only the 24th-biggest killer in the UK, with one of the bigger killers being flu?

The fact that these facts don't stay in your head suggests someone who is intellectually challenged.
Lol, still with the insults? Okay then Blackleaf, I understand your frustrations. But going forward you should know that they are meaningless, and add no credibility at all, and fail to impress or intimidate, so why not just drop it with the insults okay? We're grownups right? Now to these facts that you list, I don't recall you repeatedly stating this during our conversation this evening. But lets talk about them.

First, does the fact that most people who fall victim to Covid are elderly somehow lessen the tragedy of this virus?

Only 337 people under the age of 60? Is that a low number for you? I mean statistically okay maybe in the big picture, but tell me something, would that number of deaths still be categorized as "only" for you if it were a school shooting? A plane crash? A Theatre shooting? Why is it "only" 337 because it's covid?

24th biggest killer in the UK? Not so fast young man, it was the third biggest killer as of October with Alzheimer's coming in first, followed by heart disease, and the flu coming in around 7th.

• The leading cause of death in October 2020 was dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in both England (accounting for 11.3% of all deaths) and Wales (accounting for 10.2% of all deaths), while the coronavirus (COVID-19) was the third most common cause of death in both England and Wales (6.9% of all deaths in England and 7.9% of all deaths in Wales).

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Lol, still with the insults? Okay then Blackleaf, I understand your frustrations. But going forward you should know that they are meaningless, and add no credibility at all, and fail to impress or intimidate, so why not just drop it with the insults okay? We're grownups right? Now to these facts that you list, I don't recall you repeatedly stating this during our conversation this evening. But lets talk about them.

First, does the fact that most people who fall victim to Covid are elderly somehow lessen the tragedy of this virus?

Only 337 people under the age of 60? Is that a low number for you? I mean statistically okay maybe in the big picture, but tell me something, would that number of deaths still be categorized as "only" for you if it were a school shooting? A plane crash? A Theatre shooting? Why is it "only" 337 because it's covid?

24th biggest killer in the UK? Not so fast young man, it was the third biggest killer as of October with Alzheimer's coming in first, followed by heart disease, and the flu coming in around 7th.

• The leading cause of death in October 2020 was dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in both England (accounting for 11.3% of all deaths) and Wales (accounting for 10.2% of all deaths), while the coronavirus (COVID-19) was the third most common cause of death in both England and Wales (6.9% of all deaths in England and 7.9% of all deaths in Wales).

1606988060419.png

Reactions: taxslave

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
would you like to see the UK (virus) get as out of control as is happening in the US?? A lot of folks in the US are ignoring the recommendations , and we are seeing the disastrous results. Mind you ....they have no leadership .
Hard to have good leadership when the DNC and the MSM undermine it 24/7

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Oh no no, this isn't a me problem, it's a you problem. You are the one claiming that you not being permitted to go down to the local pub, cinema or pool etc. to spread joy is somehow tantamount to the government stripping you of all your God given freedoms. And that there is a sinister plot behind the whole thing and its success hinges on stopping you from going to these places.

And from what I have read, the cards you speak of serve the purpose of having on oneself a record date of immunization and the batch number of the dose given and will act as a reminder for the second dose etc. and will also provide instructions on how to report side effects.
Can we in Canada enjoy any of the activities you describe? Even non essential shopping was taken away in some provinces

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

The insanity of the ‘immunity passport’ debate​

This authoritarian proposal should be rejected out of hand.

The insanity of the ‘immunity passport’ debate

PADDY HANNAM

3rd December 2020
Spiked

This week Michael Gove was forced to clarify that the government does not plan to introduce an ‘immunity passport’ for people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19.

His comments come after the new minister for Covid vaccine deployment, Nadhim Zahawi, responded to a question about the proposal by painting a dystopian image of the near future. He said, ‘We are looking at the technology’, adding that ‘a way of people being able to inform their GP that they have been vaccinated’ was being investigated. Restaurants, bars and other venues ‘will probably also use that system’, he said, predicting businesses would ask customers to show they had had the vaccine.

The idea behind the passports, then, was that those who could prove they had been vaccinated would be free to use services and venues as they wished. Those who could not prove it would not have the same liberty.

How easily the UK has slipped into authoritarian ways. Who would have thought at the start of 2020 that within less than 12 months the government would have to clarify that it did not support the idea of society being split into freedom castes based on vaccination?

Worryingly, Gove’s messaging was not wholly conclusive. When asked about immunity passports, he declined to give a straight answer. Though he said the government would not introduce such a measure, he reaffirmed the right of businesses to serve and not serve individuals as they deem fit. This leaves open the idea of businesses turning away those who cannot prove they have been vaccinated. Thankfully, in the absence of a government scheme, they would have little way of checking people’s immunity status – but this just makes it all the more strange that Gove brought it up at all.

But regardless of how or by whom any social distinction based on immunity would be enforced, the fact it has even been given the time of day by Zahawi and other influential people is a little frightening. The policy is wrongheaded, for a number of reasons.

First, it will take some time to vaccinate the whole of the UK’s (willing) population, meaning that, under an immunity passport plan, some groups of people would have to wait longer than others to get their freedom, through no fault of their own.

Secondly, some people will obviously not want to be vaccinated. One poll from August found 53 per cent of people would ‘be certain or very likely’ to get the vaccine, with 20 per cent ‘fairly likely’ to do so. Though this suggests most people would get vaccinated, it also indicates that a significant number would be unlikely to do so – 16 per cent in the case of that poll. So a sizeable chunk of the population would have its liberty severely curtailed by a passport programme.

The measure would turn universal rights into privileges available only to part of the population. It would confer freedoms on some and take them away from others, all based on who is happy to have the jab – a question which must be a decision for each individual, not for the state.

Relatedly, it is unclear what the end-date for such a policy would be – at what point would it no longer be necessary for people to produce vaccination proof? What level of immunity must exist in the population before the unvaccinated would be free? If a large chunk of the population refused to get the jab, must we keep using the passports until enough of the naysayers felt sufficient pressure to cave in?

Vaccination will not be legally mandatory, despite the hopes of some. But immunity passports would be coercive, too. By making access to social venues impossible for the un-vaccinated, and closing off life’s pleasures to them, immunity passports would be an attempt to push people into being vaccinated.

In these debates, we see how little interest Covid fanatics have in winning hearts and minds. Rather than engaging critics in discussion, they prefer to shut people down. We have seen it in online censorship of lockdown-sceptical ideas, in police aggression towards anti-lockdown and anti-vaccine protesters, and in the desire to paint those breaking Covid restrictions as ‘Covidiots’. Now, we see it in the debate over immunity passports.

We must make the case for vaccines more strongly than ever. They are a remarkable human achievement, and will be what allow us finally to triumph over Covid. But we must also make the case for people’s freedom not to be vaccinated. That we are even having a serious debate about immunity passports shows what a low view many have of freedom today.

Paddy Hannam is a spiked intern. Follow him on Twitter: @paddyhannam.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
exactly......he is raking it in as fast as he can from his "loyalist"........and he will get away with it due to his sleazy lawyers tactics. To him MONEY is POWER....... and he has found himself a voluntary massive piggy bank his "loyal" followers. The con man strikes again........only this time it is the gullible en masse. . He is having a VICTORY rally in the next few days. Very psychopathic. .
And Biden isn't?

Joe Biden's transition team is on track to raise more money than its $7 million goal (msn.com)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

'Britain got vaccine first because we are better than you all': Gavin Williamson taunts America and Europe after UK beats world in race for COVID jab - as US's top doctor Anthony Fauci accuses British health regulators of rushing drug into use

The Education Secretary made the tub-thumping claim as the UK found itself at the centre of a major international row over the speed at which it approved a treatment to be launched within days. Both the EU and the United States lashed out after the UK's regulator approved the Pfizer BioNTech jab, which will begin roll-out to millions of vulnerable people next week in a world first. They raised safety questions over the speed at which the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) acted to approve the treatment. But the excitable minister fired an astonishing broadside back at them in a radio interview this morning. Appearing on LBC radio, Mr Williamson (centre) said: 'Well I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have. 'That doesn't surprise me at all because we're a much better country than every single one of them.' He was backed by deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam, who suggested critics were jealous of the speed at which the UK had moved. Critics included the US Covid supremo Anthony Fauci (left), who warned: 'If you go quickly and you do it superficially, people are not going to want to get vaccinated.'

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Except for the guards, bars for a bedroom door, shitter beside the bed, institutionalized food and the foreboding feeling one may get if they drop the soap in the shower, yeah it's pretty much the same.
What bars? They shop for and cook their own food in their group houses and the soap thing is a myth.

I guess you've never see the harsh reality of Corrections Canada's "country clubs"?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

'Britain got vaccine first because we are better than you all': Gavin Williamson taunts America and Europe after UK beats world in race for COVID jab - as US's top doctor Anthony Fauci accuses British health regulators of rushing drug into use

The Education Secretary made the tub-thumping claim as the UK found itself at the centre of a major international row over the speed at which it approved a treatment to be launched within days. Both the EU and the United States lashed out after the UK's regulator approved the Pfizer BioNTech jab, which will begin roll-out to millions of vulnerable people next week in a world first. They raised safety questions over the speed at which the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) acted to approve the treatment. But the excitable minister fired an astonishing broadside back at them in a radio interview this morning. Appearing on LBC radio, Mr Williamson (centre) said: 'Well I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have. 'That doesn't surprise me at all because we're a much better country than every single one of them.' He was backed by deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam, who suggested critics were jealous of the speed at which the UK had moved. Critics included the US Covid supremo Anthony Fauci (left), who warned: 'If you go quickly and you do it superficially, people are not going to want to get vaccinated.'
They done good on the backs of the US taxpayer through operation warp speed

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1607036027959.png

😷 “Masks FOREVER” 😡 I Don’t Think So! 🤦‍♂️ What Is Boris Doing To Us???????​

The British Government finally admits that kung-flu is never going to go away

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
One reason why Britain became the first nation to approve a vaccine is because it's no longer in the EU. Now it can decide for itself whether or not and when to approve vaccines. Had we still been in the EU we wouldn't have the vaccine yet because the EU regulator has not yet approved one.