COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
That is probably the more important part. Especially since so many pension plans are heavily invested in Big Pharma.

Reactions: petros

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Health Canada deems 400 deaths after receiving COVID vaccine low
But the grieving father of a 17-year-old hockey player wonders how many deaths it will take to be considered significant

Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Published Jan 21, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 3 minute read

Canada now has 400 reported deaths and more than 10,000 serious injuries following people receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, but Health Canada indicates it has confidence in vaccinations to battle coronavirus variants.

However, for families behind those numbers, it’s not about statistics.

“Evidence indicates that the benefits of COVID-19 vaccines continue to outweigh the risks of the disease,” Health Canada states in its new adverse reaction update. “Health Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the provinces and territories, and manufacturers continue to closely monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.”

“We’ll respond to any safety issues right away and will inform Canadians about any risks that arise in Canada.”

But Dan Hartman, father of 17-year-old Ontario hockey player Sean Hartman who died 33 days after receiving the Pfizer vaccine after being assessed in hospital for a rash, sore shoulder and rings around his eyes, said he’s hopeful the new numbers encourage governments to drill down on ensuring vaccine safety.

Health Canada indicates it’s doing just that – acknowledging the United States is now studying whether people over 65 could face a potential higher risk of stroke post vaccine.

“Health Canada and PHAC are aware of the report released on Friday, January 13, 2023 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on findings from the Vaccine Safety Datalink,” Health Canada states. “This preliminary safety signal has prompted additional investigation into whether there is a safety concern between the Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent COVID-19 vaccine and ischemic stroke in people 65 years of age and over.”

“The signal has not been found in other vaccine safety monitoring systems in the USA nor in other countries, including Canada. Health Canada and PHAC will continue to monitor this issue closely.”

Canadians can also keep track on the Government of Canada website at health-infobase.canada.ca, which was updated on Friday. The up-to-date numbers show against the 95,565,309 vaccines administered, 53,064 adverse reactions have been reported, of which 10,519 are considered “serious.”

Health Canada warns “though these (400) deaths occurred after being vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, they are not necessarily related to the vaccine.”

While these numbers represent what has been reported, the numbers indicate a low chance statistically of suffering serious injury or death.

But this is a hard sell to a parent.

Hartman said his son Sean’s autopsy determined the cause of his Sept. 27, 2021 death as “unascertained,” which means he can’t say his son died from the vaccine but others can’t say he didn’t.

When he read the government’s latest numbers, his first thought was, “Is my boy counted as one of these 400?”

Hartman also said he “appreciates (Twitter owner) Elon Musk’s recent tweets about he and his relative’s adverse reaction, which allows more people to openly talk about.”

He urged “government, medical experts and citizens to remember, for grieving families there are no statistics but just pain and unanswered questions.”

Now that Health Canada “has been transparent with this new report showing 400 deaths and more than 10,000 seriously injured people,” Hartman wants the focus to shift from saying “the number is low and tolerable to the number is significant and we don’t want to add to it.”

Health Canada said its next update will be Feb. 17th.

jwarmington@postmedia.com

Reactions: petros

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Elon Musk claims he was stricken with ‘major’ Covid booster side effects
Author of the article:Bang Showbiz
Bang Showbiz
Published Jan 23, 2023 • 2 minute read

Elon Musk claims he was stricken with “major” side effects from his Covid booster that left him fearing he was “dying” for days.

The 51-year-old Tesla billionaire – who has slammed global lockdowns during the pandemic – also claimed his cousin was hospitalised with an inflamed heart after having a vaccine.

He took to Twitter at the weekend to make the claims in a response to a poll that said 7 per cent of adults from a survey of 260 million vaccinated Americans had claimed they experienced side effects from the Covid jab.

Dad-of-10 Elon said: “I had major side effects from my second booster shot. Felt like I was dying for several days. Hopefully, no permanent damage, but I dunno.

“And my cousin, who is young and in peak health, had a serious case of myocarditis. Had to go to the hospital.”

Elon added he only had a second booster as it was a legal requirement to travel to Germany.

He also said he experienced Covid before vaccines were available, and described his symptoms as comparable to a mild cold.

He added: “Then had J and J (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine with no bad effects, except my arm hurt briefly.

“First mRNA booster was ok, but the second one crushed me.”

Elon, who last year completed his buy-out of Twitter for $44 billion, has previously branded fears of Covid “dumb” and claimed children were “essentially immune.”

Despite his claims of side effects, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stresses on its website about the safety of the Covid vaccine and its low risks: “Some people have no side effects. Many people have reported side effects, such as headache, fatigue, and soreness at the injection site, that are generally mild to moderate and go away within a few days.

“Covid-19 vaccines are safe and effective and severe reactions after vaccination are rare.

“CDC recommends everyone ages six months and older get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect against Covid-19 and its potentially severe complications.”

It added: “Millions of people in the United States have received Covid-19 vaccines under the most intense safety monitoring program in US history… the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination continue to outweigh any potential risks.”

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Elon Musk claims he was stricken with ‘major’ Covid booster side effects
Author of the article:Bang Showbiz
Bang Showbiz
Published Jan 23, 2023 • 2 minute read

Elon Musk claims he was stricken with “major” side effects from his Covid booster that left him fearing he was “dying” for days.

The 51-year-old Tesla billionaire – who has slammed global lockdowns during the pandemic – also claimed his cousin was hospitalised with an inflamed heart after having a vaccine.

He took to Twitter at the weekend to make the claims in a response to a poll that said 7 per cent of adults from a survey of 260 million vaccinated Americans had claimed they experienced side effects from the Covid jab.

Dad-of-10 Elon said: “I had major side effects from my second booster shot. Felt like I was dying for several days. Hopefully, no permanent damage, but I dunno.

“And my cousin, who is young and in peak health, had a serious case of myocarditis. Had to go to the hospital.”

Elon added he only had a second booster as it was a legal requirement to travel to Germany.

He also said he experienced Covid before vaccines were available, and described his symptoms as comparable to a mild cold.

He added: “Then had J and J (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine with no bad effects, except my arm hurt briefly.

“First mRNA booster was ok, but the second one crushed me.”

Elon, who last year completed his buy-out of Twitter for $44 billion, has previously branded fears of Covid “dumb” and claimed children were “essentially immune.”

Despite his claims of side effects, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stresses on its website about the safety of the Covid vaccine and its low risks: “Some people have no side effects. Many people have reported side effects, such as headache, fatigue, and soreness at the injection site, that are generally mild to moderate and go away within a few days.

“Covid-19 vaccines are safe and effective and severe reactions after vaccination are rare.

“CDC recommends everyone ages six months and older get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect against Covid-19 and its potentially severe complications.”

It added: “Millions of people in the United States have received Covid-19 vaccines under the most intense safety monitoring program in US history… the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination continue to outweigh any potential risks.”
Do you think we were lied to?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I have a friend that truly believes that we were just an experiment, with some being given a test vaccine, and others a placebo. Since I had no reaction to the first shot and mildly sick after the second, I am not sure she is wrong.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Randy Hillier wants a change of venue for his 'Freedom Convoy' trial
If the trial is in Ottawa, there’s no chance the polarizing Hillier would get an unpolluted jury, his defence lawyer said.

Author of the article:Gary Dimmock
Published Jan 25, 2023 • 2 minute read

Former MPP Randy Hillier, facing nine charges stemming from last year’s “Freedom Convoy” occupation of downtown Ottawa, wants a change of venue for his trial to ensure an untainted jury.

His defence lawyer, David Anber, has filed a motion for a change of venue that will be heard later this year.

If the trial is in Ottawa, there’s no chance the polarizing Hillier would get an unpolluted jury, his defence lawyer said.

“Of course we are asking to change the venue. We had the mayor, the prime minister, and others in high positions demonizing the Freedom Convoy in various media across the City of Ottawa — often invoking facts that later turned out to be debunked,” Anber told this newspaper.

“There’s a class action suit naming large chunks of the city as so-called victims of the convoy. How are we supposed to pick an unbiased jury from this community after that?” Anber asked.

Hillier is facing nine charges, including an accusation that he encouraged his social media followers to flood police non-emergency lines during the peak of the demonstration, when Ottawa police were pleading with the public to keep those phone lines open.

Hillier’s tweet on Feb. 19 reached his 56,000 followers, and over the next six days the Ottawa Police Service non-emergency line logged 274 malicious calls, according to an outline of the Crown’s case against Hillier, while there was a “surge” in similar calls to the city’s 911 line.

Hillier told his Twitter followers at the time to “keep calling” the non-emergency line and said that “in a democracy expressing yourself is a fundamental freedom.”

Hillier is also charged with assault. That police charge stems from the day he marched alongside Maxime Bernier and allegedly ignored an officer’s directions as the protest converged on Parliament Hill, then “threw” a metal gate out of the way, according to the Crown’s case.

Hillier shouted “Let’s go!” as he used his shoulder and hip to push the officer out of the way while a group of demonstrators forced their way through the barricade, according to the Crown.

After his release from Ottawa police headquarters, he told reporters he was a freedom fighter being prosecuted for dissenting views.

He is to reside there under the supervision of his wife, Jane Hillier, who will act as his court-approved surety after posting a $25,000 bond, while Hillier posted an additional $10,000 bond.

After his arrest last year, his defence lawyer told this paper: “He denies committing any of these offences and we’re going to vigorously fight them.”

Hillier, a visible presence during the convoy protest, is facing two counts of mischief, two of counselling to commit mischief, one of counselling someone to commit an indictable offence, three counts of resisting or obstructing a public or peace officer and one of assaulting a public or peace officer.

He denied the assault charge when asked by reporters outside the police station after his arrest last year.

“I only ever greeted people … with love and affection and embrace and handshakes. So unless handshakes or warm embraces are now considered assault, I have no idea,” Hillier said at the time.

None of the charges against Hillier have been proven in court.

crimegarden@gmail.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.S. CDC still looking at potential stroke risk from Pfizer bivalent COVID shot
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Michael Erman
Published Jan 26, 2023 • 1 minute read

New data from one U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) database shows a possible stroke risk link for older adults who received an updated Pfizer /BioNTech COVID-19 booster shot, but the signal is weaker than what the agency had flagged earlier in January, health officials said on Thursday.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials said they had not detected a link between the shots and strokes in two other safety monitoring databases.

The new data was presented at a meeting of outside experts that advise the FDA on vaccine policy.

Earlier this month, U.S. health officials said they had detected the possible link to ischemic strokes in people over age 65 who received the newer booster shots in its Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) database. They said at the time it was very unlikely to represent a true clinical risk.

Dr. Nicole Klein of healthcare company Kaiser Permanente, which maintains VSD data for the CDC, said the rate of strokes observed in the database had slowed in recent weeks, but the signal was still statistically significant, meaning likely not by chance.

Most of the confirmed cases had also received a flu vaccine at the same time, which might be a factor, she said.

FDA scientist Richard Forshee said the agency plans to study whether there is any increased risk of stroke from receiving the two shots at the same time.

Both agencies still recommend older adults receive the booster shots, now tailored to target Omicron variants as well as the original coronavirus.

Dr. Walid Gellad, professor of medicine at University of Pittsburgh, said the issue required further investigation.

“Sometimes signals are not clear,” Gellad said in an email. “It makes sense to look into it more, and it doesn’t make sense to change practice given the known benefits (of getting the booster) in this age group.”

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The BBC reports on French protests but fails to tell the sheep about this protest taking place outside its own building.

IF GRETA WAS THERE THEY WOULD REPORT IT...

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Nearly 50 Department of Employment staffers fired after allegedly taking Covid relief benefits illegally
Author of the article:Kevin Connor
Published Feb 03, 2023 • Last updated 21 hours ago • 2 minute read

Forty-nine staff at the Department of Employment have been fired as Covid relief cheats taking benefits they weren’t entitled to, the Commons public accounts committee discovered.

Politicians weren’t able to find out the number of pink slips that were handed out in other departments or the Canada Revenue Agency, a Blacklock’s story reports.

Conservative MP Michael Kram discovered the firings during a hearing on the $81.6 billion Canada Emergency Response Benefit.

The program was meant to give $2,000 cheques to tax filers out of work or those facing eviction or foreclosure.

Kram asked for the number of employees who were subject to internal investigation.

“To date we have terminated 49 individuals,” replied Mary Crescenzi, assistant deputy minister.

“Forty-nine now former employees at the department were terminated for fraud related to Covid benefits, is that correct?” asked Kram. “It would be in regard to misrepresentation of their situation when they would be applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit.

Kram also asked how many of those cases were referred to law enforcement and she was told that none were.

He then wanted to know if the money had been returned.

“Those monies have been established as overpayments that must be repaid and those are being treated as any other Canadian who received benefits they were not entitled to. As part of some of our internal investigations it was discovered some of our employees had availed themselves as any Canadian to apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefits on their own time,” said Crescenzi. “I want to be clear they did not use any internal systems in doing so,” Crescenzi said.

“We did alert that up to our chief security officer and an administrative investigation did take place. Those individuals that did break the trust of the employer-employee relationship, as we reviewed for cause their security clearances, have been terminated.”

The Canada Revenue Agency admits to catching employees claiming Covid relief cheques but would not say how many.

“At the Agency we treat public servants as general taxpayers and if you violate the rules you are subject to compliance efforts. I don’t have the numbers right in front of me. Not very many, obviously. I don’t believe any of those cases have gone into a criminal investigation.” testified Revenue Commissioner Bob Hamilton.

“I will endeavour to get you those numbers,” replied Commissioner Hamilton. He gave no deadline.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

The lethal cost of lockdowns​

Britain’s high excess deaths show us why shutting down society was a fatal mistake.

The lethal cost of lockdowns

DAVID LIVERMORE​

5th February 2023

Spiked

After a pandemic that predominantly killed the elderly and vulnerable, one might expect fewer deaths than normal in the years after it. But that doesn’t seem to be the case in the UK. Quite the reverse.

Deaths are currently more numerous than in pre-pandemic years. In 2022, the UK recorded more than 650,000 deaths, around nine per cent more than in 2019. In the week ending 13 January 2023, 17,381 people died, compared with a five-year pre-pandemic average of 14,544 for the same week.

A similar pattern can be seen across Europe. In Australia and the US, excess deaths for 2022 are also about 15 per cent above the pre-pandemic average.

There is no shortage of speculative explanations for the rise in excess deaths. According to the Guardian’s Owen Jones, the UK’s excess deaths are due to wicked Tory cuts in the NHS. This fails to explain comparable excess deaths in other countries. What is more, the number of NHS doctors and nurses has increased by 14 per cent and 11 per cent respectively since 2019. The NHS budget is up from £156 billion (inflation adjusted) in 2019-20 to £180 billion in 2022-23. So it isn’t as straightforward as Jones suggests.

Extreme anti-vaxxers are pushing an equally simplistic view. They effectively claim that excess deaths equal vaccine deaths. If that were true, then why does Sweden, which has a high Covid vaccination rate, have so little excess mortality? And why haven’t there been big death spikes in the heavily vaccinated 15-44 demographic? Vaccines have provided useful protection for those most at risk. They broke the link between infections and deaths in 2021. Even with the Omicron wave in 2022, the over-80s of South Korea and Singapore – extensively vaccinated with mRNA products – recorded proportionately fewer deaths than the over-80s of Hong Kong, who were often unvaccinated or vaccinated with inferior Chinese products.

The bulk of the evidence points to lockdowns as the main cause of excess mortality. After all, lockdowns disrupted healthcare in myriad ways from which it has yet to recover. During the pandemic, the National Health Service was transformed into the National Covid Service. Routine activity was cancelled.

Patients avoided seeking out healthcare, despite their symptoms. Either they feared catching Covid in hospital, they didn’t want to be a nuisance or they were frightened to leave the house thanks to the orders to ‘stay at home’.

The GP system has also been upended by lockdowns. During the pandemic, it became difficult to secure a GP appointment and, at many practices, it remains so. Face-to-face appointments now comprise less than 70 per cent of all appointments, compared with 80 per cent before the pandemic. At the worst practices, less than 20 per cent of appointments are now in person. The risk of missed and delayed diagnoses ought to be self-evident. You cannot feel a suspicious lump or detect an irregular heartbeat over the phone, or if the patient gives up and doesn’t bother booking an appointment at all.

As early as December 2020, it was estimated that 4.4million UK cancer screenings had been missed. In the US, diagnosis rates of six common cancers fell between 16 and 42 per cent during the early days of the pandemic. The delays don’t end after diagnosis. In the UK, the proportion of cancer patients having to wait over two months for treatment is still growing. These delays impact prognosis and outcomes.

Cardiac deaths are a major slice of the current excess-death figures. Given that every minute counts when tending to heart-attack victims, the ever-rising delays in emergency care since spring 2022 are likely proving fatal.

Every medical specialist suspects more deaths are occuring in their field than the official data are recording. For instance, cases of blood poisoning (bacteraemia), due to the bacterium Escherichia coli, are ostensibly down by around 10 per cent per year since 2019. But there’s no reason why numbers should have fallen during lockdown. The obvious suspicion is that cases are continuing or are even rising, but they are passing undetected and untreated – hidden among the growing tally of people dying at home.

Furthermore, lockdowns promoted unhealthy lifestyles. Many of us sat about, eating too much and drinking too much while being stressed by apocalyptic news. In 2021, Public Health England reported that the average Briton gained half a stone during lockdown. Alcohol-related deaths hit a high in 2021.

Staying inside and apart from others likely weakened people’s natural immunity to other viruses. Normal life exposes us to mild infections, which then reboost our immunity. The ‘immune debt’ that resulted from disrupting this process best explains the recent spikes in Strep A infection, RSV and influenza – which are also now contributing to excess mortality.

Despite the vast cost of lockdowns, in truth they achieved very little. The initial Covid wave was already reaching its peak when the UK entered its first lockdown in March 2020. Sweden, then on a similar trajectory, opted for milder restrictions. For most of 2020 and 2021, the Swedes were berated as reckless and condemned for having higher mortality rates than their Nordic neighbours. Two years later, the UK’s Office for National Statistics found that Sweden, along with Norway, had the lowest total excess mortality in Europe from the start of 2020 to mid-2022.

Ever since mid-2021, Sweden’s excess mortality has tracked lower than in its neighbours, frequently dipping to zero. Also of note is that Sweden, with a large infection wave in 2020 and no excess deaths now, refutes the idea that excess deaths are the late-arriving consequence of Covid infections. If they were, Sweden would now be enduring more deaths than its Nordic neighbours, which experienced smaller waves of infection in 2020 and 2021.

In July 2020, Sweden’s chief epidemiologist, Anders Tegnell, asked to be judged in a year, not on the pandemic’s first few weeks. It has taken longer, but Tegnell has now been vindicated. Meanwhile, our own leaders abandoned long-prepared pandemic plans and adopted untried lockdowns, believing the fantasy that they would save lives. They will not be remembered so well. Their legacy is writ large in economic ruin and excess deaths.

David Livermore is a retired professor of medical microbiology.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Don't forget about Vitamin D as winter drags on
Author of the article:Liz Braun
Published Feb 05, 2023 • 3 minute read
Researchers still argue over how effective Vitamin D really is, but for people living in northern climes it's crucial to take D for health.
Vitamin D can be obtained through foods, such as salmon and other fatty fish, as well as supplements.
Vitamin D was a hot topic at the height of the pandemic when Covid-19 patients often proved to be deficient in the vitamin.

Recent studies show a relationship between vitamin D deficiency and COVID-19 severity and mortality.

Vitamin D is crucial for strong bones, heart and brain health and a robust immune system.

A raft of researchers can show you proof that Vitamin D is like a superpower for the prevention of heart disease and cancer, and what’s more, it combats depression and boosts mental acuity.

Just as many researchers can show you proof that it doesn’t really do any of those things.

The debate about Vitamin D supplements goes on, although seniors, breastfeeding mothers and people with certain medical conditions, such as kidney disease, often take supplements as they are at risk of Vitamin D deficiency.

For anyone living north of the 37th parallel — Canadians, for example — Vitamin D supplementation is important.

Most of us get Vitamin D from the sun during the summer.

In a Canadian winter, however, the sun’s UVB rays are weak and can’t do the job.

Dr. Antony Young, an emeritus professor of experimental photobiology at the St. John’s Institute of Dermatology at King’s College London, told the New York Times: “For all practical purposes, one cannot make vitamin D in cold climates in winter.

“Winter sunlight does not have enough of the UVB component that is essential for vitamin D synthesis.”

Young said fair-skinned people can produce enough vitamin D in summer by exposing their faces, arms and legs to the midday sun for five to 10 minutes (without sunblock).

How much you need depends upon age, skin tone (more sun is needed for darker skin) and general health.

The Canadian government guidelines for vitamin D suggest 400 International Units (IU) for infants, 600 IU daily for children (over a year old) and adults, and 800 IU daily for people over 70.

The upper limit, which is where many doctors and nutritionists will point you, is 1000 IU daily for infants, moving slowly upward to 4000 IU for anyone aged 9 and older.

The La Leche League — an international organization supporting breastfeeding — has information on Vitamin D supplementation and noted that a breastfed baby should have between 400 to 800 IU daily of Vitamin D3 supplements.

Vitamin D toxicity caused by supplements is extremely rare, and usually requires massive doses of the vitamin over many months.

According to Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky, of StayAbove Nutrition, the benefits of Vitamin D cannot be overstated.

Calling Vitamin D a “critical factor” in the maintenance of good health, Tarnopolsky said in a statement that a high proportion of Canadians have deficient or insufficient levels.

“Current research shows that Vitamin D deficiency can lead to a host of secondary health complications, including a weakened immune system.”

Vitamin D supplements are a cost-effective option to combat Vitamin D deficiency, he added, “supporting a strong and healthy immune system, which in turn helps protect against viral infections, such as COVID 19.”

Vitamin D3 supplements are the right choice (vs. D2), and drops are more readily absorbed by the body than pills.

You can also get Vitamin D from some foods, such as salmon, tuna, sardines and other fatty fish, egg yolks, beef liver, cod liver oil — a staple of many a baby boomer childhood — and from foods fortified with vitamin D, such as milk and some cereals.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
White-tailed deer could reintroduce some COVID strains to humans: Study
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Published Feb 19, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 1 minute read

Oh, deer.

New York State white-tailed deer in 2020-21 had a widespread infection of COVID-19 variants, including Alpha, Delta and Gamma, that humans no longer have, according to a Cornell University study.

The study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) on Jan. 31, says there are concerns about whether deer could re-introduce nearly extinct variants back to humans.

Scientists from Cornell’s College of Veterinary Medicine say the virus likely moved from humans to deer at some point — via feeding or baiting them for hunting — before going “nearly extinct” in people.

“Findings indicate that white-tailed deer – the most abundant large mammal in North America – may serve as a reservoir for variant SARS-CoV-2 strains that no longer circulate in the human population,” say researchers.

They say the findings “raised concerns about the role of white-tailed deer in the epidemiology and ecology of the virus.”

Researchers collected 5,462 lymph node samples from free-ranging, hunter-harvested, white-tailed deer from September-to-December hunting seasons in 2020 (2,700 samples) and 2021 (2,762 samples).

They found SARS-CoV-2 RNA — the virus that causes COVID-19 — in 17 of the 2020 samples and 583 of those collected in 2021.

Scientists also found the virus rapidly spread between the two hunting seasons, infecting deer in 10 counties in 2020 and 48 counties in 2021.

“The findings are important in that they demonstrate that there is a risk of contact with infectious SARS-CoV-2 during handling and processing of white-tailed deer carcasses, which could lead to spillback via deer-to-human transmission of the virus,” the authors wrote.

Researchers says white-tailed deer populations should be watched closely and measures to reduce transmission of the virus between humans and animals are “urgently needed.”

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
White-tailed deer could reintroduce some COVID strains to humans: Study
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Published Feb 19, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 1 minute read

Oh, deer.

New York State white-tailed deer in 2020-21 had a widespread infection of COVID-19 variants, including Alpha, Delta and Gamma, that humans no longer have, according to a Cornell University study.

The study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) on Jan. 31, says there are concerns about whether deer could re-introduce nearly extinct variants back to humans.

Scientists from Cornell’s College of Veterinary Medicine say the virus likely moved from humans to deer at some point — via feeding or baiting them for hunting — before going “nearly extinct” in people.

“Findings indicate that white-tailed deer – the most abundant large mammal in North America – may serve as a reservoir for variant SARS-CoV-2 strains that no longer circulate in the human population,” say researchers.

They say the findings “raised concerns about the role of white-tailed deer in the epidemiology and ecology of the virus.”

Researchers collected 5,462 lymph node samples from free-ranging, hunter-harvested, white-tailed deer from September-to-December hunting seasons in 2020 (2,700 samples) and 2021 (2,762 samples).

They found SARS-CoV-2 RNA — the virus that causes COVID-19 — in 17 of the 2020 samples and 583 of those collected in 2021.

Scientists also found the virus rapidly spread between the two hunting seasons, infecting deer in 10 counties in 2020 and 48 counties in 2021.

“The findings are important in that they demonstrate that there is a risk of contact with infectious SARS-CoV-2 during handling and processing of white-tailed deer carcasses, which could lead to spillback via deer-to-human transmission of the virus,” the authors wrote.

Researchers says white-tailed deer populations should be watched closely and measures to reduce transmission of the virus between humans and animals are “urgently needed.”
"THAT's for MY MOTHER!"
--Bambi

Reactions: Ron in Regina

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
re deer

"which could lead to" is conjecture, not science.

thing is, in the vein of coulda woulda shoulda what ever made them decide to test deer for covid? what other wildlife had they tested? and what in common is everything exposed to? yeah, rainfall. have any of these geniuses ever thought to check the rainfall for covid - in light of all these balloons from wuhan nation floating overhead, which they're implying happened even during the Trump presidency.... oh gee, when did that nondemic begin again?

CHECK THE FUCKING RAINFALL, YA MAROONS!

I've been saying that all along.

...and IF it's found, I suggest there's only one way it could have got there and war should be immediately declared on communist china. But since our governments are too chickenshit to do that, then it's up to the citizenry to exercise their only available option - boycott everything made in china or their beltandroad subsidiaries, read labels, shun tiktok, etc. etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah