COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Interesting it is now recommended why because the vaccinated are getting sick of COVID?

NIH Now Includes Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc as Recommended in the Prevention or Treatment of COVID

By Joe Hoft
Published September 16, 2021 at 4:45pm
502 Comments

Interesting the family of deceased double jabbed suing alive unvaccinated for spreading COVID, maybe she should have been taking her vitamins?

Fully Vaccinated Woman’s Family Blames Unvaxxed For Her Death: ‘She Was Infected by Others Who Chose Not to Be Vaccinated – The Cost Was Her Life’​

By Cristina Laila
Published September 16, 2021 at 1:08pm
3280 Comments

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Nicki Minaj launches foul-mouthed rant amid claims she lied about White House invite
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Sep 16, 2021 • 19 hours ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation
In this file photo US rapper Nicki Minaj arrives for the 2019 Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 6, 2019, in New York.
In this file photo US rapper Nicki Minaj arrives for the 2019 Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 6, 2019, in New York. PHOTO BY ANGELA WEISS /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Nicki Minaj launched into an expletive-filled rant on Instagram on Wednesday after being accused of lying about being invited to the White House.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The rapper told fans on Twitter that she’d been invited to discuss her concerns about side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination with top officials at the White House.

Nicki, who recently suggested the vaccine can lead to impotency, wrote on Twitter: “The White House has invited me & I think it’s a step in the right direction. Yes, I’m going. I’ll be dressed in all pink like Legally Blonde so they know I mean business. I’ll ask questions on behalf of the ppl who have been made fun of for simply being human.

The rapper subsequently asked her Twitter followers to send their questions and concerns to her, so she can put them to health officials.

In response to one post from a fan, she wrote: “I’m doing it, babe. If you guys have questions you’d like me to ask, leave in the comments. You’ll see it in real time with full transparency.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

However, a White House official debunked Nicki’s claim, and told NBC News that the Starships singer had only been “offered” a call to discuss questions about “the safety and effectiveness” of the vaccine.

Nicki then hit back in a video posted to her Instagram page – after alleging she had been banned from Twitter due to her controversial posts about the vaccine – telling her followers: “Let me ask y’all something. In the 10, 12, 13 years, however many years you guys have known of me. Do y’all think that I would go on the Internet and lie about being invited to the f—ing White House? Like, what? Do you guys see what is happening right now? Oh my goodness!”

The mother-of-one continued in the nearly 15-minute long video to allege that the call from the White House was genuine, and her manager was present when she took the call. She claimed that she was invited to attend a meeting with Dr. Fauci, the Chief Medical Advisor to the U.S. President, and the surgeon general, but was also told she could do a live chat if she preferred.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“It’s disgusting that a person can’t speak about just questions or thoughts they’re having about something they’re gonna have to put in their body – that this attack is this hateful and purposeful,” she continued. “Y’all saying all this s— on the internet wouldn’t make a f—ing peep in real life to these artists that you tweet and comment every f—ing day.”

Nicki added: “We’re living in a place without free health care. So anybody in this country has the right to question anything about their health because if your health matters that f**king much there would be free f—ing health care, bozos.”

The Bang Bang star concluded by promising her followers she would “follow up on this tomorrow”.

Nicki has been an outspoken critic of the COVID-19 vaccine in recent days and even claimed a friend of her cousin became “impotent” and that his “testicles became swollen” after having the jab.

The Anaconda hitmaker, who boasts more than 22 million followers on Twitter, wrote: “My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied (sic).”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Toronto's first West Nile case for 2021 confirmed
Author of the article:Liz Braun
Publishing date:Sep 16, 2021 • 13 hours ago • 1 minute read • 8 Comments
A mosquito
A mosquito PHOTO BY POSTMEDIA FILE
Article content
Toronto Public Health (TPH) confirms the city’s first case of West Nile Virus for the year after lab results tested positive in an adult resident.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
West Nile, transmitted through infected mosquitoes, can come with severe symptoms for older people and those with compromised immune systems — including fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, body aches, skin rash and swollen lymph glands.

Symptoms usually appear from two to 14 days after a person is bitten by an infected mosquito.

Infection risk with West Nile remains low; last year, a total of 33 laboratory-confirmed human cases were reported to TPH and every year mosquito activity is carefully monitored between June and September.

Larvicide is used in city catch basins and stagnant water pools where larvae have been identified.

Despite the low risk of getting infected, TPH wants people to take precautions to avoid bites from infected mosquitoes. Wearing light-coloured clothing outside, with long pants and long sleeves, is advised.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The use of insect repellent containing DEET or Icaridin is also recommended, particularly if you’re outdoors at peak mosquito biting times, which are dawn and dusk.

Indoors, keep insects out with tight-fitting screens and repair holes in screens.

Above all, remove standing water from your property, including accumulated water on pool covers or in planters, toys and buckets, and garbage containers.

Reiterating that the chances of being infected with West Nile are low here, Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Eileen de Villa, said, “Now is a good time to remind residents of prevention steps they can take while enjoying the outside, to minimize the likelihood of getting bitten by an infected mosquito.”

West Nile Virus was first reported in Canada in 2002.
1631868787652.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
GOODBYE PFIZER, HELLO COMIRNATY: Top COVID-19 vaccines renamed in Canada
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Sep 16, 2021 • 15 hours ago • 1 minute read • 80 Comments
Vials with Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine labels are seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021.
Vials with Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine labels are seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021. PHOTO BY DADO RUVIC /REUTERS
Article content
OTTAWA — It’s pronounced Co-MEER-nah-tee. Never heard of it? Well, get used to it. It’s what Canada will be calling the Pfizer vaccine from now on.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Health Canada has approved new monikers for Pfizer, Moderna and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines and announced the change on social media today.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has now been dubbed Comirnaty, which the company says represents a combination of the terms COVID-19, mRNA, community, and immunity.

The Moderna vaccine will go by SpikeVax and the AstraZeneca vaccine will be named Vaxzevria.

Pfizer and Moderna say the change marks the full approval of the vaccines by Health Canada, which were previously approved under an interim order that was set to expire today.

During the interim order, the vaccines didn’t go by their brand names, but now that new and more long-term data has been submitted and approved they will go by their permanent name.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“Health Canada’s approval of COMIRNATY for individuals ages 12 and older affirms the vaccine’s safety and efficacy shown in longer term data submitted to Health Canada — and hopefully that licensure may improve vaccine confidence among Canadians,” Pfizer spokesperson Christina Antoniou wrote in a statement.

Health Canada points out the vaccines themselves are not changing — only the names are.

Although the name change has been approved, Canada will still receive vials labelled Pfizier-BioNTech for the next several months.

The FDA approved new names in the United States earlier this summer, and the vaccines have been going by their brand names in the EU since the spring.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yes they are talking about a forty year old healthy guy yet show an old guy , and why all the nurses and no doctors ?

Forgive me if I may.... because it is all nurses and very few doctors. Doctors come around once and awhile to check in, not often. What you see is how it is. It is a horror show, a human tragedy.

Reactions: B00Mer

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
But it is
Where ? Certainly not where I am from . Look at the statistics , the people who are dying are mainly the very elderly and those with comorbidities mostly both . We are not all dying of Covid , very few of are .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
See above , welcome back .
Understood. I actually just watched this with sound. I watched it without sound earlier. I did not know it was a influence clip. I was in the ICU in January. I doubt I would have muttered I wish I had the shot. I would have gotten it, but it is too late now. A better depiction is from NYT Opinion Inside a COVID ICU, a Nurses View... that’s on YouTube as well. Everyone that I saw were middle age and elderly. It was a horror movie when I became aware of where I was.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Understood. I actually just watched this with sound. I watched it without sound earlier. I did not know it was a influence clip. I was in the ICU in January. I doubt I would have muttered I wish I had the shot. I would have gotten it, but it is too late now. A better depiction is from NYT Opinion Inside a COVID ICU, a Nurses View... that’s on YouTube as well. Everyone that I saw were middle age and elderly. It was a horror movie when I became aware of where I was.
No doubt , I am glad you recovered . However is that reason to turn the whole world upside down , remembering you are the exception not the rule . Very few healthy people are having debilitating illness .

Reactions: EagleSmack

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No doubt , I am glad you recovered . However is that reason to turn the whole world upside down , remembering you are the exception not the rule . Very few healthy people are having debilitating illness .
No it is not. It is now about politics and punishment.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WARMINGTON: Tweet from Ontario nursing association boss has foul smell
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Publishing date:Sep 17, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read • 55 Comments
Doris Grinspun
Doris Grinspun PHOTO BY ANTONELLA ARTUSO /Toronto Sun
Article content
It was a crappy thing to say on Twitter, even if you were not the head of Ontario’s nursing association.

“I bring them one of my yummy empanadas and put a strong dose of Dulcolax in!” Registered Nursing Association of Ontario CEO Doris Grinspun tweeted Friday.

Her post was in response to Dr. Brian Goldman’s tweet, which said his “next-door neighbour has two homemade anti-vax (signs) taped to the street-facing bedroom window, and a lawn sign for the PPC candidate. What should I do?” Asking for a friend.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Grinspun’s tweet also included a WebMD link to Dulcolax, a medication “used to treat constipation” that “may also be used to clean out the intestines before a bowel examination/surgery” and “works by increasing the movement of the intestines, helping the stool to come out.”

Many took to Twitter to say Grinspun’s tweet stank to high heaven.
“You do not deserve to hold any type of medical licence,” tweeted an outraged Mrs. Fe.

“Doris, as a fellow nurse I must say your tweet was more than a tasteless joke,” Elaine tweeted.

Grinspun went back to Twitter with a mea culpa of sorts.

“To my anti-vaxxer friends, I do apologize for a poor taste joke. It was meant to call your attention and now that I have it let’s talk. Please know that I care for you deeply and am afraid some of you may end up hospitalized and perhaps even in ICU. Please get vaxxed urgently.”

But many argued that not everybody who opposes COVID vaccines or passports is an anti-vaxxer, and said they would ignore any suggestions from her.

“You have no credibility at this point,” Lu Tka tweeted. “I would never take any advice from you.”

Sometimes the stench from a smelly tweet lingers.

jwarmington@postmedia.com

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No it is not. It is now about politics and punishment.
It was always about politics . We would be putting more study into alternative treatments otherwise. Remember the positive results Trump touted . Fish tank cleaner and horse dewormer .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man accused of defrauding province of millions in COVID relief funds
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Publishing date:Sep 19, 2021 • 5 hours ago • 1 minute read • 5 Comments
Stacks of Canadian currency. PHOTO BY ISTOCK /Getty Images
Stacks of Canadian currency. PHOTO BY ISTOCK /Getty Images PHOTO BY ISTOCK /GETTY IMAGES
Article content
TORONTO — A former bureaucrat accused by the Ontario government of embezzling $11 million in COVID-19 relief funds now faces criminal charges.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
His lawyer says Sanjay Madan is facing two counts of fraud over $5,000 and two counts of breach of trust.

Stephen Hebscher says Madan and his wife, Shalini Madan, are also charged with laundering the proceeds of crime over $5,000 and possession of the proceeds of crime over $5,000.

The province has sued Sanjay Madan, his wife, and two adult children, alleging that they illegally issued and banked cheques under the Support for Families program, which aimed to offset the cost of kids learning at home.

It has also accused Madan of taking millions more in kickbacks in an alleged fraud worth more than $30 million.

He is due in court to face the criminal charges on Wednesday.

Madan, who had a senior IT role and helped develop a computer application related to a COVID-19 relief benefit, was fired in November. His wife and two sons all worked for the province in information technology.

In a statement of defence filed in Superior Court, Madan blames the province for allegedly lax security measures that allowed “widespread misappropriation” of the COVID-19 relief funds.