COVID-19 'Pandemic'

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
B.C. man has part of small intestine removed due to vaccine-induced blood clot
Beginning Sunday, every B.C. adult, aged 18 and older, will be able to book a vaccination appointment.

Author of the article:Scott Brown
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 1 day ago • 4 minute read • 51 Comments
VIDEO ADDED: BjeSh67MfOM
VIDEO ADDED: BjeSh67MfOM PHOTO BY DON CRAIG /PNG
Article content
A B.C. man says surgeons removed more than six feet of his small intestine due to a massive blood clot caused by the AstraZeneca vaccine.

In a Facebook post, Shaun Mulldoon, 41, said he first felt stomach pains 10 days after his shot and was hospitalized for vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT) one week later.

“Seventeen days after my vaccine, (I) ended up going into emergency surgery to remove over six feet of my small intestine. I had a massive blood clot,” said Mulldoon, who lives in the Fraser Health region.

He had a second surgery two days after his first where doctors removed even more of his small intestine.

“I really wish they had let us know what ‘worst-case scenario’ might look like,” Mulldoon said.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

It’s B.C.’s second case of VITT this month. A woman in her 40s is recovering after being hospitalized for a clot last week in the Vancouver Coastal Health region.

“For some reason, in some people, the vaccine seems to stimulate an immune response that develops antibodies against our platelets. This causes a type of clotting that is different from other types of blood clots. … It is a very challenging one to treat,” said Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer.

Henry said anyone who develops VITT symptoms, which include persistent and severe headaches, pains in the chest or abdomen, swelling or redness in limbs and shortness of breath, within 28 days of receiving the vaccine should contact their health-care provider or call 811.

“Recognizing the symptoms and getting treatment early is important,” she said.

A week following his surgery, Mulldoon remains hospitalized and is listed in stable condition.

“My surgeon told me it was very close,” he said. “If you get (AstraZeneca) and do not feel 100 per cent get yourself to emergency immediately.”

There have been 28 suspected cases of VITT and four deaths associated with the 2.3 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine that have been administered in Canada.

British Columbia has delivered 272,537 jabs of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The Health Ministry plans to limit its remaining supply of the AstraZeneca for second doses only, but Henry suggested Thursday that those who received a first dose of AstraZeneca may have the option to receive a jab of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines when it comes time for a second dose.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“We will continue to ensure we have sufficient (AstraZeneca) supply for Dose 2 for everybody who’s received AstraZeneca, and we’ll continue to follow the data on studies around the world that will help us understand which is the best option for people,” said Henry.

“It’s my expectation that people who have received AstraZeneca so far will have a choice — once we know more about taking Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose.”

B.C. health officials reported 587 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday along with five additional deaths from the respiratory disease.

There have been a total of 137,810 cases and 1,632 COVID-19 related deaths in B.C. since the start of the pandemic. Henry said 30 British Columbians have died despite receiving a vaccine, including four who were fully vaccinated with two doses.

Of the more than 79,000 cases of COVID-19 that have been reported in B.C. since Dec. 27, when the province began its immunization program, there have been 1,340 individuals who became infected after receiving their first dose of vaccine and 120 people who developed the disease after getting a second dose.

More than 2.3 million doses of vaccine have been administered so far and more than half of all eligible adults in B.C. have received at least one dose. Just 2.8 per cent of the eligible population have had the necessary second dose.

Beginning Sunday, every B.C. adult aged 18 and older will be able to book a vaccination appointment.

Health Minister Adrian Dix urged everyone who was born in 2003 or earlier to register for the vaccination process as soon as possible. Registration can be completed online at gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated, by telephone through a provincial call centre at 1-833-838-2323 (between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.) or in person at the nearest Service B.C. location.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Henry said health officials are working on incorporating youths, aged 12 to 17, into B.C.’s immunization program and said more information on that next stage of the vaccine rollout would be revealed early next week.

There are 5,691 active cases of COVID-19 in B.C., including 413 hospitalizations and 141 individuals who are being treated in intensive care.

sbrown@postmedia.com

twitter.com/browniescott

Get the latest COVID-19 news delivered to your inbox weeknights at 7 p.m. by subscribing to our newsletter here.

CLICK HERE to report a typo.

Is there more to this story? We’d like to hear from you about this or any other stories you think we should know about. Email vantips@postmedia.com

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Lockdown-sceptic rock star Eric Clapton blasts vaccine safety 'propaganda' and claims he had a 'disastrous reaction' to AstraZeneca Covid jab which made him fear he'd never play again

Eric Clapton has hit out at 'propaganda' over vaccine safety, claiming he suffered alarming side effects after his Covid jabs.

The legendary guitarist, a lockdown sceptic, said his hands and feet became 'useless' – prompting fears he would never play again.

In a message to his music producer, he said: 'I took the first jab of AZ [AstraZeneca] and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days.'

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
with less than 1 in 10,000 cases of out door transmission
:)

CDC grossly exaggerating outdoor transmission rate: COVID-19 experts​

CORONAVIRUS

Cuomo’s refusal to take CDC’s advice on masks shows his addiction to power

Insisting on masks despite the science is just partisan posturing gone mad

Reporters as arms of the spy state and other commentary

CDC chief grilled over agency’s abrupt new mask guidance

The CDC is greatly exaggerating the risk of COVID-19 transmission outdoors, claiming there is a roughly 10 percent chance — when in reality the figure is less than 1 percent, a report said Tuesday.
The higher federal figure “seems to be a huge exaggeration,” Dr. Muge Cevik, a top infectious disease doctor at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, told the New York Times.

Dr. Aaron Richterman of the University of Pennsylvania added, “I’m sure it’s possible for transmission to occur outdoors in the right circumstances.
“But if we had to put a number on it, I would say much less than 1 percent.”

“Saying that less than 10 percent of Covid transmission occurs outdoors is akin to saying that sharks attack fewer than 20,000 swimmers a year. (The actual worldwide number is around 150.) It’s both true and deceiving,” The Times wrote.

At issue is the research cited by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in touting its outdoor transmission statistic, which put the figure at a murky and allegedly too high “less than 10 percent.”

The figure is key because the agency has used it to justify its current coronavirus safety recommendations to the public, which include vaccinated people still wearing masks at “large public venues’’ and the unvaccinated using the face gear in most outdoor settings.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Sunday Live: Fauci’s NIH Doctors Refusing to Take COVID Shot Despite Saying Safe & Effective​

SHOCKING! – U.K. Government release 15th report on Adverse Reactions to the Covid Vaccines​

The UK Government have released their fifteenth report highlighting adverse reactions to both the Pfizer / BioNTech and Oxford / AstraZeneca vaccines that have occurred since the roll-out began on the 8th December 2020, and the shocking increase in the number of nervous system disorders is frightening.

The U.K. Governments report (which you can find here) has collated data inputted up to the 5th May via the MHRA Yellow Card Scheme. At this point an estimated 11.4 million first doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and 23.3 million first doses of the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine had been administered. There had also been around 8.7 million second doses of the Pfizer jab, and 7.5 million second doses of the AstraZeneca jab administered by this date.

Our earliest analysis of the data which we brought you back at the beginning of February showed that there had been 49,472 adverse reactions to the Pfizer vaccine, and 21,032 adverse reactions to the Oxford vaccine up to the 24th January 2021, with a rate of 1 in every 333 people receiving the jab suffering a serious adverse reaction.

Well we can confirm that in the space of fourteen weeks the number of reported adverse reactions to the Pfizer vaccine has increased to 159,219 as of the 5th May. The Oxford jab has fared much worse though with an astounding increase of 2,858.24% in the number of reported adverse reactions between the 24th January and the 5th May, now standing at a total of 622,176. This now means the current rate of people suffering a serious adverse reaction after having one of the experimental Covid vaccines stands at 1 in every 166 people.

But it’s important to remember that this rate only accounts for the adverse reactions that are actually reported, which is estimated to be between just 1% to 10%, meaning the actual rate of adverse reactions occurring is frighteningly higher.

We took a look at the reported adverse reactions and this is what we found…

(We used the data shown in the UK Governments Analysis Print of the Pfizer vaccine {which you can find here} + Analysis Print of the Oxford Vaccine {which you can find here}.)

sidenote:
Safe? 1 in 166 are suffering severe reactions to the vax according to the British stats in the link I posted above

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Feds face growing calls for answers after Fortin leaves vaccine rollout post
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:May 16, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 4 minute read • 5 Comments
Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, Vice-President of Logistics and Operations at the Public Health Agency of Canada participates in a news conference on the COVID-19 pandemic in Ottawa, on Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2020.
Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, Vice-President of Logistics and Operations at the Public Health Agency of Canada participates in a news conference on the COVID-19 pandemic in Ottawa, on Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2020. PHOTO BY JUSTIN TANG /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
OTTAWA — The federal government faced growing calls for answers from experts and political opponents alike on Sunday amid lingering questions about the abrupt reassignment of the military general who was overseeing Canada’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign, as well as who may be stepping into his critical role.

The Defence Department announced in a terse three-line statement on Friday evening that Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin was stepping aside from his role overseeing the delivery and distribution of COVID-19 vaccine doses across the country.

The reasons for his departure were not revealed, aside from a brief mention of a “military investigation.”

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Major General Dany Fortin.
Canada's vaccine rollout operation won't miss a beat with new military leader: Expert
Vice-President of Logistics and Operations at the Public Health Agency of Canada Major General Dany Fortin attends a news conference, as efforts continue to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Ottawa, Dec. 7, 2020.
Maj-Gen. Dany Fortin leaves vaccine rollout post pending military investigation

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office and the Defence Department, including Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan’s office, have since refused to provide further information, including on the nature of the investigation.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The government has also declined to say when officials became aware of the probe and whether Fortin was vetted before being appointed to lead the vaccination campaign in November. Nor has it yet indicated who will be taking over from Fortin as government across the country to ramp up their immunization efforts.

Experts say the lack of information underscores existing frustration over a lack of transparency within the military and Defence Department, as well as raising concerns about Canada’s vaccination effort.

“There is a lot of speculation about what’s going on,” said Charlotte Duval-Lantoine, an expert on sexual misconduct in the military at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.

“Dany Fortin had an impact on everyday Canadians because he was responsible for the vaccine rollout. So I think the Department of National Defense, at least in my opinion, has an additional duty to kind of tell us what’s going on.”

Nobody is expecting the Defence Department and government to reveal the specifics of any allegation, Duval-Lantoine added. But she argued a lack of transparency now undercuts already-shaky confidence that the military will hold top officers to account.

“There’s no question that type of secrecy is going to be an additional blow to the legitimacy of the military justice system and how the military regulates itself,” she said.

University of Ottawa law professor Penny Collenette, who previously served in prime minister Jean Chretien’s office while her husband David Collenette was Canada’s defence minister, echoed some of those concerns.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“This is a huge operation we’re doing, probably one of the most important ever,” she said of the vaccination campaign.

“And we don’t know what the allegation is. … We’re all at a loss. So that’s a vacuum of information, which is inexplicable to me.”

The Defence Department has taken a mixed approach to the release of information about investigations into several other senior officers, revealing details for some cases but remaining tight-lipped about others.

It has also approved media interviews by two female officers who are at the centre of allegations into the conduct of former defence chief general Jonathan Vance and his successor, Adm. Art McDonald despite ongoing police investigations.

Conservative defence critic James Bezan called on the government on Sunday to start answering questions.

“As the sexual misconduct crisis continues to rock the Canadian Armed Forces and now our vaccine rollout, the Liberals’ lack of leadership is making the situation worse,” he said in a statement.

“Justin Trudeau must be transparent with Canadians. Canadians need to have confidence in our military, and that starts with the government providing information.”

Collenette also questioned the government’s continued silence over who will replace Fortin, with the Prime Minister’s Office, Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada refusing to say who will now oversee the vaccine effort.

The government has insisted the vaccination campaign will not be negatively affected by Fortin’s departure, but Collenette worried about the impact on Ottawa’s work with the provinces to get vaccines into the arms of Canadians.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“It seemed very odd that there wasn’t something that said: ‘No problem, we have an interim person,’ or ‘No problem, his second-in-command will take over,”’ she said. “Just something that lets voters, that lets citizens have some security and some certainty.”

Fortin joins a growing list of generals and admirals who have been suspended or forced to step aside in recent weeks, many of them because of inappropriate conduct.

Those include Vance and McDonald as well as Vice-Admiral Haydn Edmundson, who until last week commanded the military’s human resources section.

Maj.-Gen. Peter Dawe was also forced to step aside as commander of Canada’s special forces after writing a letter in support of a soldier found guilty of sexually assaulting a comrade’s wife.

And Lt.-Gen. Christopher Coates retired after concerns were raised about an affair that he had with an American civilian while serving as deputy commander of NORAD.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Woohoo! The pubs in England are back open from today! Here's The New Inn, Little Lever, Bolton, Greater Manchester, just a few minutes ago. I can hear late night music, laughter and merriment from within, something I've not heard from a pub for a while.

IMG_20210517_214153.jpg

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Eric Clapton says he had 'severe reactions' to AstraZeneca vaccine
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:May 17, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Legendary rock/blues guitarist Eric Clapton speaks during the press screener of a a biography about himself entitled "Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars" at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto on Sept. 11, 2017.
Legendary rock/blues guitarist Eric Clapton speaks during the press screener of a a biography about himself entitled "Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars" at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto on Sept. 11, 2017. PHOTO BY JACK BOLAND /Postmedia Network
Article content
Eric Clapton has opened up about his nightmare health experience after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.

The guitar great, who appeared on Van Morrison’s controversial anti-lockdown song Stand & Deliver, reveals he received his first AstraZeneca jab in February, and really suffered for days afterwards.

In a letter Clapton shared with architect and anti-lockdown activist Robin Monotti Graziadei, the Layla hitmaker writes: “I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…

“About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle). But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone…”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to tow (sic) the line in order to be able to actively love my family, but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know,” Clapton adds. “Then I was directed to Van (Morrison); that’s when I found my voice, and even though I was singing his words, they echoed in my heart.”

In a statement released in December, defending his decision to be part of Van’s song Stand and Deliver, Eric said: “There are many of us who support Van and his endeavours to save live music; he is an inspiration. We must stand up and be counted because we need to find a way out of this mess. The alternative is not worth thinking about. Live music might never recover.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Silver Spoons' star Ricky Schroder blasts Costco worker over mask policy
Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:May 17, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 2 minute read • 50 Comments
Ricky Schroder.
Ricky Schroder. PHOTO BY NICKY NELSON /WENN
Article content
No matter how nice you ask him, one-time television star Ricky Schroder isn’t putting a mask on for anyone.

The 51-year-old Silver Spoons actor posted a video to social media over the weekend demanding a refund from Costco after a location in Los Angeles denied him entry for refusing to wear a mask.

The former TV star, who also starred on NYPD Blue, uploaded a video to his Instagram page in which he documented a verbal altercation with an employee named Jason.

“Boycott Costco till they act like a Free American Company…not (China),” Schroder captioned the clip, which has garnered nearly 65,000 views.

“What’s your name, and what do you do here? Why aren’t you letting me in?” Schroder demanded in the 90-second clip.

Jason explains that there’s still a mask-mandate in effect in the state of California, which sent Schroder, who helped post bail for alleged Kenosha, Wis., killer Kyle Rittenhouse last year, into a frenzy.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“You didn’t see the news? Nationwide, Costco said you don’t need to wear masks,” the ’80s star insisted, referring to the fact that in certain states, where allowable by law, the retailer isn’t making masks mandatory inside their stores.

“Actually, that’s not accurate,” Jason responds. “The mandate in California has not changed.”

Schroder, an advocate for gun ownership and a longtime member of the NRA, then launches into a tirade.

“Oh, if they allow us? If they grant us that, our kings? The people in power? You’re going to listen to these people? They’ve destroyed our economy. They’re destroying our culture. They’re destroying our state. And you’re just going to listen to their rules? I’m getting my refund.”

Schroder, who went unnoticed by the throngs of shoppers, then addresses his camera directly telling his followers to cancel their Costco memberships.

“I suggest everybody in California get their refund from Costco,” he shouts. “Give up your membership from Costco until they remove this.”

Schroder apologized Sunday night to Jason saying that it was “nothing personal.”

“I understand you were following their laws and rules,” he said in an Instagram video. “I was trying to make a point to the corporate overlords and sorry that I had to use you to do it.”

He continued, “I want us all to be free. I want us all to go back to the way it was. I don’t want this COVID reality they all want; these COVID passports. I just don’t want it. And neither should you.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LILLEY: Canada racing once again against a new variant
Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Publishing date:May 17, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 3 minute read • 8 Comments
Nurse Angela Bedard stands in a doorway after helping to intubate a patient suffering from COVID-19 at Humber River Hospital, on April 28, 2021.
Nurse Angela Bedard stands in a doorway after helping to intubate a patient suffering from COVID-19 at Humber River Hospital, on April 28, 2021. PHOTO BY AFP /Toronto Sun
Article content
Canada is once again in a race against a COVID-19 variant.

The question now is whether the vaccine rollout we’ve had has given us enough of a head start.

The B.1.617 variant first discovered in India has arrived in Canada in force just as our vaccine program has started to see serious results.

We’re closing in on 45% of the population having received at least one dose of a COVID vaccine, but sadly, just 3.7% of the total population has received both doses. Across the country, provinces and territories are lowering the eligible age to receive a shot and working hard to get doses into arms.

Will it be enough?

As Dr. Theresa Tam said in a statement on Monday, variants remain a major concern for the federal government.

“B.1.617 was recently designated as a VOC by the World Health Organization given its increased transmissibility,” Tam said, adding that this variant has now been found in nine provinces and one territory.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“We are working with provinces/territories to further characterize the impact of this VOC in the Canadian context.”

In Ontario, the government is only confirming 45 known cases of the variant but that figure is derived from a random sampling of just 5% of positive tests. That means the true number of cases in the province could easily be 20 times higher.

It wasn’t that long ago that the B.1.1.7 variant from the U.K. was measured in such small numbers, now it’s the dominant strain and has fuelled the third wave in the middle of the vaccination campaign.

India had weathered COVID-19 comparatively well before these variants, now present in Canada, took hold and ravaged the country. In the United Kingdom, where vaccine efforts are well ahead of Canada and where society is opening back up, there is deep concern it will all go sideways due to the B.1.617 variant.

“We’re serving notice that we do think, I think, that it certainly may cause disruption to our attempts to continue down the road map,” U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday.

On Monday, as restrictions were lifted in much of the U.K., a spokesperson for Johnson refused to say if plans for a further lifting of restrictions would go ahead on June 21. Johnson is under fire for not moving quickly enough on border controls with India and allowing the variant to spread.

Top medical officials in the U.K. say they expect the India variant to become the dominant strain of COVID shortly.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In response, the British government has ramped up second doses for people over 50, the most at-risk group for death and serious health outcomes while also continuing to push for younger age groups to get their shots.

Here in Canada, concern over the Indian variant is being expressed by medical officials.

“We’re talking with our consultants both at the federal level and at the provincial level with our public health laboratory,” Ontario Chief Medical Officer Dr. David Williams said Monday. “It’s moved from a variant of interest to a variant of concern.”

In British Columbia, which reported 39 cases on April 21, an update on the variant is expected Wednesday and epidemiologists in that province have expressed concern that the variant is more widespread. The worry is it is more transmissible and that it may be vaccine-resistant at a time when our population mostly has one shot.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

International arrivals at Toronto's Pearson airport.
LILLEY: Trudeau's big three lies on Canada's leaky border
A stethoscope around a doctor's neck.
LILLEY: Let doctors speak freely even when what they say is unpopular
Expect this summer to be similar in many ways to what we encountered last year. Pictured are riders leaving a streetcar on Spadina Ave., at Queen St., on July 20, 2020.
LILLEY: A one-dose summer won't mean a return to normal

“Early information suggests there may be some reduction in protection given by vaccines or by naturally acquired immunity from past infection,” Toronto medical officer Dr. Eileen de Villa said Monday.

Which puts us back in a race against time, against the variants and hoping that we have enough vaccines and have taken the right measures.

I wish that I could tell you the answer was a clear yes, but I’m not so sure.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Liberals tap another military officer to replace Fortin on vaccine campaign
Canadian Press
Lee Berthiaume
Publishing date:May 17, 2021 • 31 minutes ago • 3 minute read • 11 Comments
Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, vice-president of logistics and operations at the Public Health Agency of Canada, arrives for a news conference on the COVID-19 pandemic in Ottawa, on Friday, Jan. 15, 2021.
Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, vice-president of logistics and operations at the Public Health Agency of Canada, arrives for a news conference on the COVID-19 pandemic in Ottawa, on Friday, Jan. 15, 2021. PHOTO BY JUSTIN TANG /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
OTTAWA — The Liberal government is enlisting another military officer to take over from Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, who was abruptly sidelined last week from his role overseeing Canada’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign because of a military investigation.

Brig.-Gen. Krista Brodie will now be responsible for managing the country’s vaccine distribution and rollout efforts, which are expected to ramp up in the coming weeks as millions of shots arrive in the country ahead of summer.

The Public Health Agency announced Brodie’s appointment on Monday as the Liberal government was scrambling to reassure Canadians that the vaccination campaign would not be hurt by Fortin’s sudden departure, while also remaining tight-lipped over why he had been removed.

A 30-year veteran of the military with extensive logistics experience, Brodie is no stranger to the vaccine campaign. She had been working with Fortin since the latter was appointed in November to receive and distribute millions of vaccine doses from overseas to different provinces and territories.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The Department of National Defence issued a terse three-line statement on Friday evening that Fortin was leaving his role as head of the government’s vaccine distribution efforts because of an unspecified “military investigation.”

Some experts have expressed worry over the lack of information about the nature of the investigation given the importance of Fortin’s role and recent concerns about a lack of transparency and accountability from the military.

They had also questioned why it was taking the government so long to identify a replacement to lead the vaccination rollout.

The Canadian Press has confirmed via a source who was granted anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly that the investigation relates to an allegation of sexual misconduct.

CTV News reported on Sunday that Fortin is being investigated for having allegedly exposed himself to a woman while he was an officer cadet at the Royal Military College in Saint-Jean, Que., in 1989.

Fortin declined to comment in an email to The Canadian Press on Monday, but his military lawyer denied the general had done anything wrong.

“It is a news reporter who informed Maj.-Gen. Fortin of the allegation against him,” Cmdr. Mark Letourneau said in a statement. “This took him completely by surprise. He vigorously and categorically denies this allegation.”

Hours before Brodie’s appointment, Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole called on the government to provide Canadians with more information, and suggested its failure to do so represented a threat to public confidence in the military and the vaccine campaign.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Justin Trudeau must be transparent with Canadians, who deserve confidence in our system, and that starts with providing information,” O’Toole said in a statement.

“The government released a statement late Friday announcing that Maj.-Gen. Fortin would no longer be in charge of the vaccine rollout while an investigation was ongoing, but have yet to confirm the nature of the investigation.”

O’Toole also demanded the government announce who will be taking over from Fortin, whose appointment to manage the vaccination campaign came after he’d overseen the NATO training mission in Iraq.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made a brief public appearance on Monday to announce federal funding for the hiring of auditors for home-energy retrofits, but he did not stick around to take any questions.

It instead fell to Natural Resources Minister Seamus O’Regan and Employment Minister Carla Qualtrough to answer questions about Fortin’s removal and what it would mean for the vaccination campaign.

The ministers played down any significant impact on the campaign, suggesting it is well underway and that other Canadian Armed Forces members are continuing to play an important role in the effort.

But both remained otherwise mum on the nature of the investigation, and when the government first learned about it.

“The mission is ongoing,” Qualtrough said at one point. “We keep delivering, we are keeping the operation going … so ultimately, at the end of the day, Canadians get the vaccines that we have to deliver to them.”

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Government Scrubs Stats on Vaccine-Related Deaths​

According to Dr. Peter McCullough, vice chief of internal medicine at Baylor University Medical Center and known for being one of the top five most-published medical researchers in the United States, COVID-19 vaccines are killing “huge numbers” of people and the government is simply ignoring it.

In a video interview with investigative journalist and founder of Liberty Sentinel, Alex Newman, McCullough says the U.S. government, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and health agencies around the world have all committed to vaccinating the global population while sitting on data showing the COVID-19 “vaccines” are turning out to be the most lethal vaccines ever created.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sanofi-GlaxoSmithKline COVID-19 shot set to start Phase 3 trials after positive results
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Matthias Blamont
Publishing date:May 17, 2021 • 1 day ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation
Company logo of pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline is seen at their Stevenage facility, Britain, Oct. 26, 2020.
Company logo of pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline is seen at their Stevenage facility, Britain, Oct. 26, 2020. PHOTO BY MATTHEW CHILDS /REUTERS
Article content
PARIS — An experimental COVID-19 vaccine developed by Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline showed a robust immune response in early-stage clinical trial results, enabling them to move to a late-stage study, the French drugmaker said on Monday.

Sanofi and Britain’s GSK said a global Phase III trial would start in the coming weeks and involve more than 35,000 adults, with the hope of seeing the vaccine approved by the fourth quarter after having initially targeted the first half of this year before a setback.

Sanofi and GSK last December were forced to restart their trial when the vaccine showed a low immune response in older adults as a result of a weak antigen formulation.

Sanofi and GSK shares were little changed in early trading.

“The Phase II interim results showed 95% to 100% seroconversion following a second injection in all age groups and across all doses, with acceptable tolerability and no safety concerns,” Sanofi said.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Seroconversion refers to the vaccine’s ability to prompt the body to produce antibodies against the coronavirus, as measured by blood readings. Later mass trials will be based on real infections.

“Interestingly, we also observed that our vaccine generated a higher antibody response in those with previous COVID-19 infection, we are analyzing this further as it may suggest our vaccine could serve as a potential booster, regardless of what vaccine someone may have received (beforehand),” Su-Peing Ng, Sanofi’s global head of medical for vaccines, told reporters.

Ng said the vaccine had not been tested against so-called variants in the Phase II trial but that the Phase III study would be assessing it against various strains including a virus lineage known as B.1.351 first detected in South Africa.

But Sanofi, Ng said, has conducted parallel studies evaluating its vaccines against variants, with results expected to be published soon.

GSK and Sanofi’s vaccine candidate uses the same technology as one of Sanofi’s seasonal influenza vaccines. It will be coupled with an adjuvant, a substance that acts as a booster to the shot, made by GSK.

‘QUITE A POTENTIAL’

Some 162.75 million people have been reported to be infected by the coronavirus in more than 210 countries and territories since the first cases were identified in China in December 2019, while economies have taken a hit and restrictions have turned daily life upside down.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The United States and Europe have embarked on mass vaccinations programs in the past months, raising hopes of a gradual reopening, although the virus is still in circulation in many regions, with variants causing concern.

Last month, the European Union executive’s President Ursula von der Leyen said protein-based COVID-19 vaccines such as the one developed by Sanofi and GSK offered “quite a potential,” a positive signal as the bloc develops its purchasing strategy for the next two years.

Sanofi’s shot, however, even if approved, will come long after ones from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna , which have produced efficacy results of more than 90%.

So far, Sanofi has purchasing agreements with the United States, the EU, Britain and Canada, as well as with the World Health Organization-backed COVAX facility.

The company has pledged to help other drugmakers this year, striking “fill and finish” deals for vaccines made by Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson.

In addition to its vaccine project in collaboration with GSK, Sanofi is working on a mRNA candidate with U.S. company Translate Bio for which it has started clinical trials.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm going to Essa Academy high school on Saturday to get my first vaccine. I got a text yesterday from the NHS telling me I can go there any day between now and Sunday between 10am and 4pm to get it done without making an appointment. Sunday is the last day it's being done there. So I'm going to go on Saturday when I have more time.

Important message from your GP
COVID-19 Variant of concern in your area
Incase you haven't received your first COVID vaccine and you are awaiting an appointment, then why not get on the bus
No appointment needed just turn up!
We'll be near Essa Academy car park, Lever Edge Lane, Bolton, BL3 3HH

10am-4pm every day until Sunday 23rd May

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Canadian plant-based COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 trial: Medicago
Canadian Press
Mia Rabson
Publishing date:May 18, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation
A vial of a plant-derived COVID-19 vaccine candidate, developed by Medicago, is shown in Quebec City on Monday, July 13, 2020 as part of the company’s Phase 1 clinical trials in this handout photo.
A vial of a plant-derived COVID-19 vaccine candidate, developed by Medicago, is shown in Quebec City on Monday, July 13, 2020 as part of the company’s Phase 1 clinical trials in this handout photo. PHOTO BY HANDOUT, MEDICAGO /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
OTTAWA — The final two vaccines on Canada’s purchase list reported positive results from Phase 2 trials this week, including the only vaccine Canada pre-purchased that is being developed domestically.

Quebec-based Medicago reported Tuesday that two doses of its plant-based virus-like particle vaccine generated 10 times the level of antibodies in healthy adults and seniors than are seen in patients who have recovered from COVID-19.

A day earlier, French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi Pasteur reported its second attempt at a COVID-19 vaccine had produced antibodies on par with those found in recovered COVID-19 patients. The antibody response was higher in people between 18 and 59, the company said.

Sanofi, which like Medicago is finishing its vaccine with a pandemic adjuvant from Britain’s GlaxoSmithKline, went back to the drawing board last December after tests on its first vaccine had disappointing immune results in older adults.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Neither study is peer-reviewed yet.

Nathalie Landry, the executive vice-president for scientific and medical affairs for Medicago, said other vaccines in use showed a direct correlation between the level of antibodies produced and their effectiveness against COVID-19.

“So based on these results, let’s say we’re quietly confident that we will be in a position to demonstrate good efficacy of the vaccine,” she said.

To do that in a way that meets Health Canada’s rules, both Medicago and Sanofi have to complete a double-blind, event-driven Phase 3 trial.

Medicago is already working on one, recruiting up to 30,000 volunteers in as many as 11 countries. Sanofi is launching their third trial with up to 35,000 people in the coming week.

About half get the vaccine, the other half get a placebo, and then everyone waits to see how many from each group get COVID-19, and how serious those infections become.

It’s the same kind of trial used to determine that Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Oxford-AstraZeneca were effective but they were all tested mostly when there were no authorized vaccines on the market and recruiting volunteers wasn’t hard.

“In countries like ours, where a vaccine is becoming fairly easily available to all adults, there’s no question that it makes it more difficult,” said Dr. Michael Libman, an infectious disease specialist at McGill University who is directing the Phase 3 study at the university.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Almost everybody can now get an appointment for the next short while. So it’s now, you know, no longer obvious to people why they should join.”

Libman said there is a provision in the trial that those who didn’t get vaccinated will be given the vaccine eventually, about 60 days or longer after they join the trial.

Landry said she’s hopeful the Phase 3 trial will enroll enough people and get results this summer but there is no firm timeline.

Medicago and Sanofi are two of the seven vaccines Canada signed purchase agreements for last year. Canada has a deal to buy 20 million doses of Medicago and 52 million of Sanofi, with options for millions more of both.

But by the time either vaccine is even ready for authorization, the vast majority of Canadians will be fully vaccinated, with Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca.

Landry said Medicago is in discussions with Ottawa about how the vaccine can still be of use, including as potential booster shots, for mixing-and-matching as second doses, or donations to countries who still need vaccines.

While both vaccines are arriving on the scene late, there is still a monumental task ahead to vaccinate the entire world, and most expect years of booster shots are going to be required as well.

Medicago and Sanofi will likely be the first two vaccines to have any part of production take place within Canada.

Though the bulk material for Medicago is being made in North Carolina, and Sanofi is producing its bulk material in the United States and Europe, both vaccines will be filled and finished with the GSK pandemic adjuvant in Canada.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
A new Medicago plant in Quebec that could make most of the bulk material in Canada should be ready in 2023, said Landry.

Novavax, the only other vaccine on Canada’s purchase list that hasn’t yet been approved, is to start producing about two million doses a month by the end of the year at a new National Research Council facility in Montreal.

Innovation Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne announced another $199 million vaccine production investment to Resilience Biotechnologies in Mississauga, Ont., Tuesday. The investment is about half the funds going to build new capacity to produce mRNA vaccines in Canada.

This country has no domestic mRNA production currently and all of its Pfizer and Moderna doses are coming from the U.S. and Europe.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Chinaman say "World over population? Haha, we send over slow bullets - they pay for them and then take the shot themselves! Haha"

In addition to china funding the "terrorist" led WHO:​

IS WHO LEADER TEDROS A TERRORIST ?

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: is the WHO led by a terrorist?The go-between of Gates and China engaged in the global leadership battle… In a just a few weeks time, the fate of the en…

Bill Gates Relationship With WHO Explained

How deep does Gates' relationship with the WHO go?

BREAKING: Dr. Fauci and Obama Admin Gave Wuhan Lab $3.7 Million After Its Top Dr. Shi Zhengli Had US Project Shut Down and She Was Sent Back to China

Chinese Doctor Shi Zhengli was part of a team that working on a coronavirus project jointly with US doctors in 2014 in the United States before it was shut down by the DHS for being too risky. After the US research project was shut down, Dr. Shi, often referred to as the “Bat Lady,”

All the commie/fascist corporations and the WEB agenda 2030 - the goal of elite banker funded totalitarianisms world wide

oh, also:​

Senior Member of CCP Think Tank Claims China Won Unprecedented Biological War Against the US in 2020 and “Put the US Back in its Place” (VIDEO)​

www.thegatewaypundit.com

Senior Member of CCP Think Tank Claims China Won Unprecedented Biological War Against the US in 2020 and "Put the US Back in its Place" (VIDEO)

A senior member of a Chinese Communist Party think tank claimed China won a biological war against the United States in 2020. The mainstream media is finally catching up with conservative media and reporting that Covid-19 originated in a Wuhan lab. Covid-19 was then unleashed on the world to...
www.thegatewaypundit.com
www.thegatewaypundit.com

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

US Congress Vows to Investigate Wuhan Leak​

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• A preponderance of clues leans toward SARS-CoV-2 originating in a lab, most likely the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and having undergone some sort of manipulation to encourage infectiousness and pathology in humans

• A Chinese-language book published in 2015, written by scientists and senior public health officials working with the Chinese military, discussed the possibility that SARS might have been a weaponized coronavirus unleashed in China by terrorists

• While the lab leak theory has been roundly dismissed and ridiculed as a conspiracy theory by mainstream media for over a year, we’re now seeing government officials giving the theory some serious thought

• Several members of the U.S. Congress have vowed to launch their own investigation to explore the lab accident theory

• NIAID director Dr. Anthony Fauci is one of several conflicted individuals who have publicly dismissed the lab leak theory. Congress is now demanding answers from Fauci about gain-of-function research funded by the NIAID and conducted at the WIV

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

US Congress Vows to Investigate Wuhan Leak​

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• A preponderance of clues leans toward SARS-CoV-2 originating in a lab, most likely the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and having undergone some sort of manipulation to encourage infectiousness and pathology in humans

• A Chinese-language book published in 2015, written by scientists and senior public health officials working with the Chinese military, discussed the possibility that SARS might have been a weaponized coronavirus unleashed in China by terrorists

• While the lab leak theory has been roundly dismissed and ridiculed as a conspiracy theory by mainstream media for over a year, we’re now seeing government officials giving the theory some serious thought

• Several members of the U.S. Congress have vowed to launch their own investigation to explore the lab accident theory

• NIAID director Dr. Anthony Fauci is one of several conflicted individuals who have publicly dismissed the lab leak theory. Congress is now demanding answers from Fauci about gain-of-function research funded by the NIAID and conducted at the WIV
Just the fact that the lefty media ridiculed the fact that Covid19 was released from a Chinese lab makes it well worth investigating farther.

Reactions: Danbones