Conservatives demanding O'Toole resign again

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I've been a good little sheep, got my 3 jabs, wear a mask in stores, show my passport when asked..........I just retired from a delivery job where I came in contact with various people. Had a bit of a cough after Xmas, figure it may have been Omicron.. I was retired by then.....If I get it, I will deal with it....Life goes on. Go hide back under your bed.

Aww, good for you, you actually have enough humanity and empathy to give a shit about others...

I haven't hid under my bed, I've been doing my job, risking exposure, etc and so on, like a lot of people. Got 20+ years left in doing so. If you actually read what I fucking posted, you'd realize that.

Though you still likely would'a missed the point.

And yeah, there are people scared shitless regardless over this and then there are those who are fucking stupid and believe it doesn't exist at all, so fucking what?

Each type is a variant waiting to happen if the conditions are right.

Which was the point to begin with; this dipshit thinks he can get Canadians to get 'control' back in their lives, well news flash, unless and until Covid either a) obeys him like he's a goddamn God or b) gets under control enough somehow it's no longer the danger it is, he's blowing smoke out of his ass, like all politicians do. The most this numbnuts could do is try to get things to a point where we as a society can TRY to have a what used to be normal life, kind'a like what is happening now, and have that stay the course, as it were. Because this idiot needs the news flash that in the end, Covid DOES dictate the rules for now, unless he's like the other shits who doesn't give a fuck about anyone save himself.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Patrick Brown's decision whether to enter Conservative race coming 'soon'
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Mar 04, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read • 61 Comments
Brampton mayor Patrick Brown is considering a run for the leadership of the federal Conservatives.
Brampton mayor Patrick Brown is considering a run for the leadership of the federal Conservatives. PHOTO BY JACK BOLAND /Toronto Sun / Files
Article content
OTTAWA — A spokesman for Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown says he will soon make a decision about whether to enter the Conservative party leadership race.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Cann raises nearly $35 million as it launches in Canada

Trackerdslogo
Gary Collins says Brown is pleased with the rules the party’s leadership election organizing committee has released so far on how long candidates will have to sign up members.

The party says candidates will have until April 19 to enter the race and until June 3 to submit membership applications.

The new leader will be named Sept. 10.

Brown, a former Conservative MP, led the Ontario Progressive Conservatives from 2015 to 2018, when he stepped down over allegations of sexual misconduct that he denies.

He was elected as Brampton’s mayor later that year and he is up for re-election in October.

“Mayor Brown is pleased with the rules that allow for an extended membership sign up period,” Collins said in a statement Friday.

“He believes that the party needs to be open for all Canadians of every walk of life to join and participate in this election,” he added.

“He has not made a decision to run yet, but he hopes to make a decision soon after consulting with family, friends and Brampton residents.”

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
While you were away, the numpties were circulating the notion that the viri are so small they could slip through masks.

The whole idea that viri don't just float around, but are carried in media, simply escapes them. Or they know it but feel like they got a "good" argument.

So we're back to "stupid or lying?"
Stupid.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Poilievre's team takes aim at Charest's Conservative cred as his campaign takes shape
Canadian Press
Stephanie Taylor
Publishing date:Mar 07, 2022 • 3 hours ago • 3 minute read • 9 Comments
Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre rises during Question Period in the House of Commons on Feb. 26, 2020 in Ottawa.
Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre rises during Question Period in the House of Commons on Feb. 26, 2020 in Ottawa. PHOTO BY ADRIAN WYLD /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Article content
OTTAWA — A Conservative senator from Quebec helping Pierre Poilievre try to win leadership of the party is criticizing Jean Charest as a “Conservative of convenience,” who on Monday nabbed an endorsement from another potential contender.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Leo Housakos, a co-chair on Poilievre’s campaign, worked as a field organizer for Jean Charest in Montreal back when he ran for leadership in 1993.He says the former federal Progressive Conservative leader and Quebec premier is a blast from the past and has not stayed active in the modern version of the party.

“He wants to relive a missed opportunity,” Housakos said Monday.

The efforts by Poilievre’s campaign to dismiss the potential rival’s Conservative credentials to party members are happening even before Charest, 63, has officially entered the race.

Charest is planning to launch his campaign in Calgary Thursday, which comes more than a month after Poilievre, who has begun fundraising and hosting events, declared he wanted to be the next Conservative leader.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“There is significant momentum building towards a launch on Thursday. Calgary will be the first stop on his tour,” Michelle Coates Mather, the campaign’s director of communications, wrote in an email to the Canadian Press.

When it comes to Charest, hemet last weekat a receptionwith some 40 senators and MPs about the possibility of running and told reporters before the party’s race rules came out that he was waiting for those details before making a final decision.

Candidates have until April 19 to declare their intention and June 3 to submit membership applications. Charest supporters are already working to get a campaign in place in the event he chooses to run.

Quebec MP Alain Rayes recently emailed potential volunteers and organizers in that province about attending virtual meetings this week to discuss the campaign’s field operations.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Copies of the emails, which were were obtained by The Canadian Press, show Rayes says he wants to be sure plans are in place that can be mobilized quickly to support Charest’s campaign, if he chooses to run.

With the House of Commons on a two-week break, other prospective candidates are reading through race rules, assembling their teams and discussing details around potential launches.

Others who may enter the race include Ontario MPs Leslyn Lewis and Scott Aitchison, as well as Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown, independent Ontario MPP Roman Baber and former Conservative MP Leona Alleslev.

The list of prospective names grew shorter by one on Monday when political commentator Tasha Kheiriddin revealed that after considering a bid for the party’s leadership, she decided against doing so and would instead back Charest,all but confirming his impending candidacy.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I wish to announce that I will not be seeking the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada. I sincerely thank all my supporters and ask them to join me in supporting the candidate that I believe can best unify the party and win the next election, the Hon. Jean J. Charest,” Kheiriddin wrote on Twitter.

“Mr. Charest shares my vision of a united party that speaks to every region of the country … I look forward to contributing my ideas and effort to Jean Charest’s campaign.”

Poilievre, who remains the only declared candidate in the race, took to social media earlier in the day to slam Charest as being in favour of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s federal carbon price.

Charest, who ushered in a cap-and-trade system in Quebec while he was premier, has not directly responded to the criticism from Poilievre’s campaign.

Quebec MP Gerard Deltell, who wants Charest to enter the race, has dismissed it as political gamesmanship.

Housakos said Monday what he and others are saying is simply a matter of public record.

Last week in Regina, Poilievre, for his part, characterized these attacks as “honest disagreements” about policy and not being personal.

Poilievre is set to head to Toronto this week to meet members of cultural communities who are among the groups the Conservative party needs to grow its support in if it hopes to win more seats around the major city and one day form government.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Independent Ontario MPP Roman Baber to enter Conservative party leadership race
Canadian Press
Stephanie Taylor
Publishing date:Mar 09, 2022 • 20 hours ago • 2 minute read • 55 Comments
York Centre MPP Roman Baber.
York Centre MPP Roman Baber. PHOTO BY ROMAN BABER /Twitter
Article content
OTTAWA — An independent Ontario legislator, who rose to prominence for speaking out against COVID-19 lockdowns, says he will run for Conservative leadership.

Advertisement 2
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
Ourboro
Ourboro helps you buy & own your home
Paid Content Ourboro
New to Canada? Don't pay your landlord's mortgage. Buy the home you want now, with Ourboro.

See More

Article content
Roman Baber will launch his campaign Wednesday evening, and says he considers himself to be the underdog in the party’s contest, competing against well-known federal Conservatives like Pierre Poilievre and Leslyn Lewis.

Former Quebec premier Jean Charest is also planning to enter the race Thursday.

Baber sits as an Independent MPP for the Toronto riding of York Centre after Ontario Premier Doug Ford booted him from his Progressive Conservative government in January 2021 over publicly calling for an end to the lockdown that was in place at the time to stem the spread of COVID-19.

He was also barred from running for the party in Ontario’s election in June.

Both Poilievre and Lewis have been opposing vaccination mandates and health restrictions that shutter businesses and force residents to stay inside, but Baber says what sets him apart is the fact he did so first.

Advertisement 3
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I don’t believe there’s anyone in the race who was willing to speak out against lockdowns or vaccine passports until recently,” he told The Canadian Press.

“I did not hesitate to speak out against lockdowns and mandates and passports when it was politically incorrect and when it was challenging politically to do so.”

Baber says he supports “voluntary vaccination” and is fully immunized, but has not received his third booster dose.

Mandatory vaccination policies were a source of tension between former Conservative leader Erin O’Toole and some members of his caucus, as well as party supporters.

O’Toole tried to strike a balance between promoting vaccination against COVID-19, while also saying he respects people’s ability to control their own health choices.

Advertisement 4
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
Ourboro
Ourboro helps you buy & own your home
Paid Content Ourboro
New to Canada? Don't pay your landlord's mortgage. Buy the home you want now, with Ourboro.

See More

Article content
That position exposed him to criticism from fellow Conservatives who wanted him to more forcefully defend the rights of people to remain unvaccinated while others, including the federal Liberals, slammed him for not being able to say if all 118 of his MPs were double-dosed.

Baber says he believes lockdowns will be remembered as a failure of public policy and sees the pandemic response as tied to “cancel culture and political correctness.”

As an immigrant born in the former Soviet Union who moved to Canada at 15, he says he wants to stand up to cancel culture and “restore Canada’s democracy,” which in his view “has been somewhat eroded, with censorship, with mandates, with invocation of the Emergencies Act.”

In terms of mounting a campaign, Baber expressed confidence in being able to pay the $300,000 required by the party to enter the race and was finalizing a campaign team.

Advertisement 5
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
When it comes to growing the party, which it must do in areas such as the Greater Toronto Area if it hopes to form government, Baber says as an urban representative he feels Conservatives should talk more about transit, housing and health care.

And as for what kind of conservative he considers himself to be, Baber says he’s a “democratic conservative.”

“I believe that we must commit to respect basic democracy and to the difference of opinion within our own Conservative party – and I speak from experience.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LILLEY: Brown cleared for takeoff in Conservative leadership race
Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Publishing date:Mar 09, 2022 • 7 hours ago • 3 minute read • 9 Comments
Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown is expected to join the battle to lead the federal Conservative party.
Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown is expected to join the battle to lead the federal Conservative party. PHOTO BY JACK BOLAND /Toronto Sun / Files
Article content
Patrick Brown’s dream of being premier of Ontario was ended by a false and reckless CTV story four years ago. Now, his dream of running to be leader of the federal Conservative party has been made possible by CTV admitting they goofed up badly with that story.

Advertisement 2
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Key details provided to CTV for the story were factually incorrect and required correction. CTV National News regrets including those details in the story and any harm this may have caused to Mr. Brown,” CTV said in a statement.

The harm from that story was immediate and harsh.

Facing allegations from CTV that he had bought an underage woman drinks and pressured her for sex, Brown was ousted as leader and shamed on a grand scale. The most damaging elements of the story though turned out to be false. The woman wasn’t underage.

Without those details, CTV’s story amounted to little more than “single man likes to meet women.”

With Brown now looking at a run for the federal leadership, the timing of CTV’s mea culpa couldn’t come at a better time for the ambitious mayor of Brampton. Rules for the leadership race have now been released by the party, and they suit Brown’s timeline.

Advertisement 3
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
He will be one of many candidates entering the race.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Pierre Poilievre, left, Jean Charest, centre, and Patrick Brown are all eyeing the federal Conservative Party leadership.
EDITORIAL: Conservative leadership race shapes up
York Centre MPP Roman Baber.
Independent MPP Baber to enter Conservative leadership race
Jean Charest arrives with his wife Michele Dionne for an event with potential caucus supporters as he considers a run for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada, in Ottawa, on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
MCLEAN: Why I'm supporting Jean Charest

While MP Pierre Poilievre announced his candidacy weeks ago and has been travelling the country meeting supporters, his time as the sole candidate is now up. MP Leslyn Lewis, who came third in the last leadership race, announced her intentions to seek the top post on social media on Tuesday.

“I’m running to lead our party and our country based on hope, unity and compassion,” Lewis posted on social media along with a video of her speech in Parliament against the Emergencies Act.

On Wednesday, it was Ontario MPP Roman Baber’s turn to announce, making it clear he would be running on a platform opposed to COVID restrictions.

Advertisement 4
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I don’t believe there’s anyone in the race who was willing to speak out against lockdowns or vaccine passports until recently,” Baber told The Canadian Press.

On Thursday, Jean Charest will announce his candidacy for the Conservative leadership, making a series of media appearances before jetting off to Calgary to meet with supporters. It’s an interesting tactic for a man seen as part of the eastern Canadian establishment with no chance in the West.

Charest was leader of the Progressive Conservative party from 1993-98 before going to Quebec to take on the separatist government of Lucien Bouchard. He then served as premier from 2003 to 2012 and has avoided active politics since.

In fact, one of the knocks against Charest is he will have to show his connection to the party he seeks to lead. He hasn’t been involved, and while premier, Charest often butted heads with the Harper government.

Advertisement 5
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
With Peter MacKay looking increasingly like he won’t be entering, the race will come down to a battle between Charest with the backing of portions of the party establishment and Poilievre, who claims to stand for the party’s grassroots.
Lewis, though, shouldn’t be counted out. She surprised many by winning every western province in the second round while being eliminated due to a low level of support in Quebec and Atlantic Canada.

As for Brown, his campaign team is known for their strong organizational abilities, especially in signing up new party members.

It’s what helped him win his leadership role in Ontario; it will certainly be put to the test if and when he enters the federal race.

blilley@postmedia.com

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And now it's been confirmed that the MSM never bother to check their sources - they just print it, no matter what. How can we trust them and how do they not know that we don't trust the news sources because that's why they need government hand-outs to survive. Maybe if they actually put in the time and effort to make sure whatever it is they're reporting on is actually accurate - but apparently, it's too much work.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And now it's been confirmed that the MSM never bother to check their sources - they just print it, no matter what. How can we trust them and how do they not know that we don't trust the news sources because that's why they need government hand-outs to survive. Maybe if they actually put in the time and effort to make sure whatever it is they're reporting on is actually accurate - but apparently, it's too much work.
After three years pushing Russian Collusion , and the Washington Post‘s theory of the day , why would one expect they check anything ? These are the same actors that reported on Steven Harper put the host in his pocket at a funeral .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
"These are the same actors that reported on Steven Harper put the host in his pocket at a funeral. " Explain please pgs.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
"These are the same actors that reported on Steven Harper put the host in his pocket at a funeral. " Explain please pgs.
He attended a funeral for some political hotshot in the Maritimes at a Catholic Church .At Communion he went to the alter with the congregation and got the priests blessing which is a common occurrence. The Ceeb spun it as him taking the host , not knowing what to do with it so he put it in his pocket . But the Ceeb also told us Russia was behind the trucker convoy .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
At their annual party convention this past weekend the Conservative base attempted to defuse Liberal arguments that the party is too far to the right for the average Canadian voter by passing a bunch of policies that are too far to the right for the average American voter. Here is our list of the most controversial policies approved by the delegates.

1. “No gender affirmation surgeries for Transpeople too young for us to scream ‘Groomer’ at them.”

2. “In order to create ‘female only spaces’ every home in Canada must have separate bathrooms for men and women.”

3. “A Conservative government will crack down on child abuse by working with respected institutions like the Catholic Church to investigate how Hollywood and the Clintons keep getting away with it.”

4. “Every Canadian shall have the right to refuse a vaccine without fear of reprisals, loss of job security of being lightly criticized for allowing communicable diseases to spread because they saw a youtube video featuring a ‘doctor’ who also claims he can cure Arthritis with Aloe Vera and a bit of Meth.”

5. “Federal jobs should not be awarded based on an applicant’s skin colour or sexual orientation, but should go to the person who is objectively most qualified as determined by the straight, cis male doing the hiring.”

6. “Federal employees should not be forced to sit through training on social or political issues like whether racism exists or how to put paper in the copier the right way.”

7. “We should look into this global warmingthing at some point.”

8. “Death smiles at us all. All we can do is smile back.”

9. “To solve the housing crisis we should consider all options including cutting taxes, cutting property taxes, cutting the carbon tax and cutting sales tax.”

10. “Swiss Chalet should stick with the Lindt instead of bringing back Toblerone to the Festive Special.”

That is all.

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup