Coffee

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
You're thinking of a palm civet which is a cat like creature in Indonesia. They eat the ripest coffee beans and pass them through unscathed and then they are collected. So it's not really digested as much as passed through the digestive tract.

Usually you would either buy it freshly roasted on site or buy the beans and roast them, grind them and then brew them within a week of roasting them.
It is very expensive but then it's a particular taste. I'm not too impressed with it.

It would taste rather acrid, I would imagine.8O

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The bean part isn't actually exposed at all. So it's not effected by the trip through the digestive tract.

Huh! What does it taste like? I know that some coffee beans have a natural "flavour", so I am curious to know what that one tastes like.:smile:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Huh! What does it taste like? I know that some coffee beans have a natural "flavour", so I am curious to know what that one tastes like.:smile:

I've never tasted a bean but the brew, with a medium roast was aromatic and slightly burnt note. Probably like columbian bean or Robusto.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I've never tasted a bean but the brew, with a medium roast was aromatic and slightly burnt note. Probably like columbian bean or Robusto.

It proably cost you an arm and a leg. And people thought a Starbucks cup was expensive.:lol: