Coffee

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
this guy in high school had this stuff called feracynade and he said it was a good high...he was a chemistry geek....i ignored him...anything to this?
debunking old things on the hardrive is always good for ole doc here

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
so adding the potasium renders it less harmfull or just so it can be administered?

potassium cyanide is just as toxic as hydrogen cyanide (the one people refer to as cyanide and portray as a green or white gas on TV), but is a solid, so you have to eat it rather than breathe it.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
this guy in high school had this stuff called feracynade and he said it was a good high...he was a chemistry geek....i ignored him...anything to this?
debunking old things on the hardrive is always good for ole doc here

ferricyanide is not a "good high" although it may or may not be toxic.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
also this other guy once told me he made his own circular saw and gave it a cyanide bath for strenghtening it???

oh on a doc note.....i was in a manic phase once and bought edge shaving gell with vitamnin E....it smelled like bitter almond....remembered the gabriel song.."Charles Chessmen sniffs the air and leads the parade waves his cyanaide wand...bitter almond you can bottle up.......

words are off to the tune...but it was in reference to him poisoning people with cyande and that cyanide smells like bitter almond....
so i'm on the 1-800 line to gillette and telling them about the stuff smelling like bitter almond....the girl says why is that a concern ? i go" cyanide smells like that!...she goes quiet and says "Oh i see one moment please.....they sent me a box to send them the product...i got back a few coupons and a letter saying all was well with their product and thanks for helping...lol

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
also this other guy once told me he made his own circular saw and gave it a cyanide bath for strenghtening it???

oh on a doc note.....i was in a manic phase once and bought edge shaving gell with vitamnin E....it smelled like bitter almond....remembered the gabriel song.."Charles Chessmen sniffs the air and leads the parade waves his cyanaide wand...bitter almond you can bottle up.......

words are off to the tune...but it was in reference to him poisoning people with cyande and that cyanide smells like bitter almond....
so i'm on the 1-800 line to gillette and telling them about the stuff smelling like bitter almond....the girl says why is that a concern ? i go" cyanide smells like that!...she goes quiet and says "Oh i see one moment please.....they sent me a box to send them the product...i got back a few coupons and a letter saying all was well with their product and thanks for helping...lol

Haha, I did something similar with Coca Cola one time. I drank a can and then noticed that my teeth felt a little chalky. I decided to call them up to see what this was all about. They asked me a bunch of questions about the various serial numbers and then sent me a coupon for a free case. Maybe I should something similar with Nabob... your coffee is making me lightheaded.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Cyanide actually does smell of almonds. I've used phenyl cyanide many times and it stinks just like almond essence. I tried not to breathe too much.

No idea about your friend and his cyanide bath for strengthening a circular saw.... sounds weird.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Cyanide actually does smell of almonds. I've used phenyl cyanide many times and it stinks just like almond essence. I tried not to breathe too much.

No idea about your friend and his cyanide bath for strengthening a circular saw.... sounds weird.

Back when I was doing materials science I tried dissolving some polymers in chloroform. I accidentally got a whiff of it at one point and was not very happy about that.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I've spent days and days with chloroform around. Run long experiments in it... it gives me a headache. I prefer dichloromethane, it smells nicer and doesnt make me light-headed. I do remember one incident, though when i was mixing solvents in a measuring cylinder (tut tut) and didn't realise there was a crack in the glass. When I turned it upside down (using my gloved hand as a stopper) the DCM shot out through the crack in the glass right into my face. I had two black eyes for two days.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I've spent days and days with chloroform around. Run long experiments in it... it gives me a headache. I prefer dichloromethane, it smells nicer and doesnt make me light-headed. I do remember one incident, though when i was mixing solvents in a measuring cylinder (tut tut) and didn't realise there was a crack in the glass. When I turned it upside down (using my gloved hand as a stopper) the DCM shot out through the crack in the glass right into my face. I had two black eyes for two days.

Whoa! 8O

I think it is natural to move on to chemicals from coffee. I remember some thing I heard but never bothered verifying: that there is a ton of chemicals simply in the aroma of coffee. So naturally you end up talking about caffeeine and that goes naturally to chloroform...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Local boob DocDred get's it wrong again.

For starters the lyric is:

The cheerleader waves her cyanide wand, theres a smell of
Peach blossom and bitter almonde.
Caryl Chessman sniffs the air and leads the parade, he knows
In a scent, you can bottle all you made.

If you knew anything about Caryl Chessman You would know he never used cyanide on anyone. He was killed in the gas chamber for rape and robbery.
That the Little Lindbergh Law was used to make it a capital offence, thus the reason he was put to death. Hydrogen cyanide was commonly used in the gas chamber in the US. He brilliantly defended himself for years from prison, for 12 years, learned 4 languages authored numerous best selling books and was one of the first to go the the gas chamber.

The play on words is:
"The cheerleader waves her cyanide wand"
Lady liberty and her justice for all.
"there is a smell of peach blossom and bitter almond"
American capital punishment injustices.
"in a scent, you can bottle all you made"
innocent, he could put bottle up all, or the past behind him.

Like the 83 grand in your bank account lie, you should really investigate this stuff before you try and pass it off as something your know about or the truth.

Not to mention the merits of the death penalty is often debated over coffee

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Local boob DocDred get's it wrong again.

For starters the lyric is:

The cheerleader waves her cyanide wand, theres a smell of
Peach blossom and bitter almonde.
Caryl Chessman sniffs the air and leads the parade, he knows
In a scent, you can bottle all you made.

If you knew anything about Caryl Chessman You would know he never used cyanide on anyone. He was killed in the gas chamber for rape and robbery.
That the Little Lindbergh Law was used to make it a capital offence, thus the reason he was put to death. Hydrogen cyanide was commonly used in the gas chamber in the US. He brilliantly defended himself for years from prison, for 12 years, learned 4 languages authored numerous best selling books and was one of the first to go the the gas chamber.

The play on words is:
"The cheerleader waves her cyanide wand"
Lady liberty and her justice for all.
"there is a smell of peach blossom and bitter almond"
American capital punishment injustices.
"in a scent, you can bottle all you made"
innocent, he could put bottle up all, or the past behind him.

Like the 83 grand in your bank account lie, you should really investigate this stuff before you try and pass it off as something your know about or the truth.

Not to mention the merits of the death penalty is often debated over coffee

yup ole doc boob got it wrong and told everyone as posted....so
the 83 grand...if you wanna believe it's a lie and act the ever so child here ...tis ok with moi....can't hit me with my posts so it's all this baffelgab as of late eh unfy.....tells us yer tail is btw yer legs....

keep trying lad keep trying..it's all good...

***snickers*...fried up unfy is so much fun****

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
why is it ya can't just post something of interest...instead of useing it like a weapon unf.....it was rude of me not to thank you for that bit of info....someone once told me that the lyric was about a serial murder who used cynade...i shall enjoy the song all the more now.....ta very much....

but hey there be wind in his sail now lads

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
what's the story with you two anyway? he seems to be following you round telling you off. Is he your mum?

me and unf have been at it for five year now.....lol
I actually adore the the guy..he is smart and clever but socially stupid is all...i try to keep him honest and he me.....

when he dies i want his belly button ...it reminds me of those gorrilla hand ashtrays...

Reactions: DurkaDurka

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
A wiff of chloroform and you weren't very happy about it? Isn't that the stuff they put on rags to knock people out with? I once had the opportunity while in Cosmotology school, to style a dead womans hair...and all I could smell for days was fermaldihyde. Why does that stuff get up the shnoz and stay?

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
A wiff of chloroform and you weren't very happy about it? Isn't that the stuff they put on rags to knock people out with? I once had the opportunity while in Cosmotology school, to style a dead womans hair...and all I could smell for days was fermaldihyde. Why does that stuff get up the shnoz and stay?

Yup, and like herm...

I've been knocked out by chloroform once. Just for a second or so. Not too pleasant

it wasn't so bad for me mind you. Just went weak at the knees and lost sight for a moment. The chemists warned me to keep it under a fume hood, but when you are carrying it somewhere...