China’s social credit program creeps into Canada

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Simple solution to this but knowing how far Groper has his lips up the CCP's ass he sure as hell won't do jack shit about. After all, he admires China's dictatorship. Obviously even more than he gives a shit about Canada.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
A friend of ours sent us a video on how China keeps track of everyone through the use of facial recognition software on all their cameras, of which there are literally thousands. A Western Reporter (of Chinese decent) went out amongst the Chinese population in a large city (can't remember which one) to test China's ability to track him and how long it would take. He went through the subway system, and into various the market places where there were literally thousands of people. The video then shows how the police tracked him and they did within minutes. There were hundreds of people around him and the cameras soon picked him out of the crowd. It was amazing to see it happen considering the crowd of people this Reporter had "embedded" (for lack of a better term) hiimself in - the cameras with their facial recognition software were able to pick him out rather quickly! Extremely scary and concerning.

Is this restaurant is simply the start of things to come? Are there laws against intrusion into personal space like that?- i.e. 2 cameras per table - should there be if there's not? I would hope that any "Diplomat" or "government worker" would be aware of said cameras and avoid the restaurant completely!! But there's always a stupid dolt who the CCP hopes to screw up so they can become toddies of the Chinese government. (blackmail anyone?)

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yep, this won't cause more distrust, discrimination or outright racism towards Chinese people in the West. Actually now that the cat is out of the bag, I think it would be hilarious for non-Chinese Canadians to make that their favourite restaurant and just shit talk the CCP the entire time they're there.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
WAC still went by Bill. I got in shit as a lad for allegedly scaring his cattle while dirt biking along the hydro cut on the east side of Kalamalka. I was grounded for a week. I think every kid with a dirt bike between Kelowna and Vernon was paid a visit by the mounties that week.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
WAC still went by Bill. I got in shit as a lad for allegedly scaring his cattle while dirt biking along the hydro cut on the east side of Kalamalka. I was grounded for a week. I think every kid with a dirt bike between Kelowna and Vernon was paid a visit by the mounties that week.
Bet you never voted Socred .

Reactions: petros