China sparks aircraft carrier scare .

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Well I wish you quoted it all so I could answer it all w/o trying to remember.

What's to quote? It was embedded into your text.

So the Chinese will build carriers to retrieve downed spacecraft! LOL. Oooookaaaay. Gee...do you think they can retrieve it with something that will be a little cheaper. How many Russian craft are retrieved from the ocean?

Typically Smack to introduce his own slant on what was actually said. Can you read?

Sure I've heard of the Phantom. Do you think that both planes are identical? The USAF and the USMC/USN Phantoms.

Again ... your interpretation. Identical right to the tailhook - even the ones you sent to Israel.

In fact I do approve and let them know that the United States grants them PERMISSION to build an aircraft carrier via EagleSmack.

I'm sure they'll be glad to know they're not offending you.

Your country's name is on it and you were SOOOOO excited about that sham. How you guys following that anyways? Keeping up with your end of the bargain? :lol:

I was excited? Guess again.... Is staying on topic really so hard for you - or is smokescreen how you avoid real debate?

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I was excited? Guess again.... Is staying on topic really so hard for you - or is smokescreen how you avoid real debate?

You imbedded it in my text but when I quote you I get this. ^

I can't answer point for point if you know what I mean.

There really isn't a debate to be honest save for you saying that aircraft carriers are not offensive weapons. All the rest is babbling.

My Kyoto thing was just a dig (and yes off topic) to the country that gave China developing nation status because they knew China wouldn't sign and could care less about Kyoto or the environment. Now here they are getting ready to build an aircraft carrier or two.

I am sure they will approve of me giving them permission. I grant them that from this seat. Build away China. Enjoy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If I had my way.

Right now we aren't a country we're a satellite. I'd change that in a big hurry.

In lieu of that why don't you cross the border to New Hampshire and get some bottle rockets and Roman Candles and line them up along the border. :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
OK, projecting power and asserting their hegemony. Whatever :roll:

Canada doesn't trust the USA. We just roll over and let the USA butt f**k us anytime they feel horny. That isn't trust. We're a nation of pussies. I have been saying for years that we need nuclear weapons aimed at the USA - then they could take NAFTA and shove it up their own @$$ (ours is getting sore).

Now we'll get some feedback from Washingmachine about proliferation. When do we start the centrafuges?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Only in man power not in % of GDP or budget which is what really counts since the industrial revolution.

But yes, I do get your meaning. It is very suspicious. Why do they need so many troops? Are they trying to conquer the world like the USA or just giving there young men something to do? Remember in China soldiers are given land and turned into farmers which could be one reason for the high numbers - need farmers? Increase the military.

1.) they weren't given the land, they were serfs upon it. Only the government owned land (recently changed)

2.) they weren't given their own land, they were given recently annexed nations like East Turkmenistan and Tibet as a way of ensuring Han cultural dominance.

So if they want their soldiers to be farmers, its because they want to farm Russian land.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You imbedded it in my text but when I quote you I get this. ^

I can't answer point for point if you know what I mean.

There really isn't a debate to be honest save for you saying that aircraft carriers are not offensive weapons. All the rest is babbling.

My Kyoto thing was just a dig (and yes off topic) to the country that gave China developing nation status because they knew China wouldn't sign and could care less about Kyoto or the environment. Now here they are getting ready to build an aircraft carrier or two.

I am sure they will approve of me giving them permission. I grant them that from this seat. Build away China. Enjoy.

If your United States chooses to be offended, that is your issue ... and possibly the world's problem. Are missiles placed in Poland defensive measures? What's good for the goose....

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
actually yes, anti-missile systems are the definition of a defensive system.

Seeing as you can't actually kill anybody with one its pretty hard to classify the polish interceptors as anything but.

I suppose you could fire one off an have it land on a house maybe, thats kinda like beating someone to death with a bullet proof vest though.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
actually yes, anti-missile systems are the definition of a defensive system.

Seeing as you can't actually kill anybody with one its pretty hard to classify the polish interceptors as anything but.

I suppose you could fire one off an have it land on a house maybe, thats kinda like beating someone to death with a bullet proof vest though.

...and an aircraft carrier off your coast capable of scrambling interceptor aircraft from much closer to the threat is the definition of a defensive system.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If your United States chooses to be offended, that is your issue ... and possibly the world's problem. Are missiles placed in Poland defensive measures? What's good for the goose....

Well like I said...I am not threatened by the presence of one, two, three, four etc. Chinese carriers. They all can be "gotten" too and sunk if need be. Just like the Soviets would have gotten to ours. Just like we would have gotten to the Soviet capitol ships.

BUT...an aircraft carrier brings air power where land based aircraft cannot go. What good would a carrier be going up and down the coast of China when the coast can be EASILY covered by airbases. They are weapons of offense. Simple.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Apparently so can yours as that Chinese sub who just "popped up" in the middle of an American flotilla proved a while back. Why should you be the only guys out there with offensive capable toys? Have you proven your trustworthiness?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Apparently so can yours as that Chinese sub who just "popped up" in the middle of an American flotilla proved a while back. Why should you be the only guys out there with offensive capable toys? Have you proven your trustworthiness?

No question. You see...no ship is unsinkable, no weapons platform is unstoppable.

I never said we should be the only ones with that. As you see in a few of my posts...it's all good. Build away. The Russians have a nice carrier...the sun still came up when it was commisioned.

Trustworthiness? No never...we want to conquer the world.

Submarines are the true rulers of the sea. If you rule beneath the waves you control what floats above it in my opinion. I would imagine that tonnage sunk by the US Subs in WWII far outweigh what the USN carrier based planes sunk.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
The Chinese already purchased a Russian carrier several years ago when the Russian Navy was almost bankrupt. The articles at the time stated it would be refurbished for coastal defense purposes. Think about how many US or British carriers are in home waters (except to come and go on assignments) for coastal defense purposes. This doesn't pass the smell test to me. But China is among some strong emerging Asian economies.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No question. You see...no ship is unsinkable, no weapons platform is unstoppable.

I never said we should be the only ones with that. As you see in a few of my posts...it's all good. Build away. The Russians have a nice carrier...the sun still came up when it was commisioned.

Trustworthiness? No never...we want to conquer the world.

Submarines are the true rulers of the sea. If you rule beneath the waves you control what floats above it in my opinion. I would imagine that tonnage sunk by the US Subs in WWII far outweigh what the USN carrier based planes sunk.

:lol: Incredible.... No matter what, it's always about you. I think Germany's still kicked your asses.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The Chinese already purchased a Russian carrier several years ago when the Russian Navy was almost bankrupt. The articles at the time stated it would be refurbished for coastal defense purposes. Think about how many US or British carriers are in home waters (except to come and go on assignments) for coastal defense purposes. This doesn't pass the smell test to me. But China is among some strong emerging Asian economies.

In my personal experience on a carrier for a few years coastal defense was not a mission. We we would be off the coast of the US it iwas only to train for overseas deployments. We barely had any munitions. Right before we deploy overseas we load up with everything. But that was a long time ago.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
In my personal experience on a carrier for a few years coastal defense was not a mission. We we would be off the coast of the US it iwas only to train for overseas deployments. We barely had any munitions. Right before we deploy overseas we load up with everything. But that was a long time ago.

Have you ever considered China may study from a different book?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
:lol: Incredible.... No matter what, it's always about you. I think Germany's still kicked your asses.

Laughing myself at this post.

Of course Germany kicked our arse...so did Japan. Canada saved the world during WWII! Single handedly I may add.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Laughing myself at this post.

Of course Germany kicked our arse...so did Japan. Canada saved the world during WWII! Single handedly I may add.

Again ... out of context. German subs sent a lot more tonnage to the bottom than yours. Seriously Eag.... Can you read? I know you can sure twist the hell out of context in vain attempts to look intelligent at someone else's expense.