China sparks aircraft carrier scare .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Again ... out of context. German subs sent a lot more tonnage to the bottom than yours. Seriously Eag.... Can you read? I know you can sure twist the hell out of context in vain attempts to look intelligent at someone else's expense.

Well then be a little clearer. I am sure they did send more tonnage to the bottom. There was not too much German shipping to sink and they had a few years head start.

The only one looking to bait is you here Wolf. Don't know why you've been targetting me as of late and we were getting along so swimmingly! :p

Reactions: lone wolf

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Well then be a little clearer. I am sure they did send more tonnage to the bottom. There was not too much German shipping to sink and they had a few years head start.

The only one looking to bait is you here Wolf. Don't know why you've been targetting me as of late and we were getting along so swimmingly! :p

Target? No. Disagree with? Sometimes.... I am nobody's "yes man". Don't get so paranoid or take things so personally. You'll be setting yourself up for ulcers.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Target? No. Disagree with? Sometimes.... I am nobody's "yes man". Don't get so paranoid or take things so personally. You'll be setting yourself up for ulcers.

Maybe it is just the sarcasm. No biggie. No ulcers here. Besides...it allows me to be the arrogant American ya'll like to see from time to time.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
...and an aircraft carrier off your coast capable of scrambling interceptor aircraft from much closer to the threat is the definition of a defensive system.

No, its not. At best its a Dual purpose defensive/offensive system.

A purely defensive system would be something like Static AA systems, Anti-Missile systems, fallout shelters and the like.

They can't be used to project powers elsewhere.

An Aircraft carrier has no real use except as an offensive system. Even in the example you are using its an offensive system, its projecting force outside of your territory.

A counter-offensive system is not a defensive system. Its just an offensive system you are holding in reserve, no different than ICBMs, the sole purpose to attack others (regardless of who started it).

The Polish anti-missiles are not a problem because they can hurt Russia, they are a problem because the limit Russias ability to launch strikes on others.

Russia is getting antsy because its like one side in a mexican stand off suddenly donning a bullet proof vest. The vest is no danger to you, but it means if it ever does come to blows, the other person would live through it, and thus doesn't need to fear you anymore.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No, its not. At best its a Dual purpose defensive/offensive system.

A purely defensive system would be something like Static AA systems, Anti-Missile systems, fallout shelters and the like.

They can't be used to project powers elsewhere.

An Aircraft carrier has no real use except as an offensive system. Even in the example you are using its an offensive system, its projecting force outside of your territory.

A counter-offensive system is not a defensive system. Its just an offensive system you are holding in reserve, no different than ICBMs, the sole purpose to attack others (regardless of who started it).

The Polish anti-missiles are not a problem because they can hurt Russia, they are a problem because the limit Russias ability to launch strikes on others.

Russia is getting antsy because its like one side in a mexican stand off suddenly donning a bullet proof vest. The vest is no danger to you, but it means if it ever does come to blows, the other person would live through it, and thus doesn't need to fear you anymore.

Yeah, yeah... It's all perspective. If you want to see a threat ... you'll see a threat. You're the "in all fairness" guy. Is assumption based on your own perspective fair?

BTW.... The last time I looked, Poland was well beyond the United States or its territorial waters.