CFL 2021

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Went to see the Argos hosting the Lions. It was a good game. At one point BC #14 was near us on a special teams play. One of the Argos fans engaged him in conversation and proceeded to tell him he sucked. The player asked why (first time I have ever seen a pro athlete actually engabe with a heckling fan) and the fan told him he sucked because he was on special teams. Turns out he was also playing defense and from that point on he only covered the far side of the field. Until the 3rd last defensive play in OT that is. He tackled the Argos receiver in the end zone about 2 seconds before the ball arrived. Set up a 1st and goal from the 1 and a TD and 2 pointer. BC failed to convert their TD so Argos win.
Only reason the game went to OT was Toronto coach needed a lesson on clock management. They kneeled for 2 plays with about 45 seconds left and BC holding 1 timeout. This left BC 15 seconds to attempt a FG. Fortunately the BC kicker also sucked and missed for a single point. His second miss of the game.
But it was an enjoyable game. The Argo win coupled with the BC loss also clinched a playoff spot for the Argos. If they lose out they will have a better record than BC (with tiebreaker) so there would not be a crossover. With Montreal's loss to the Riders, Argos are back alone in first place.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Went to see the Argos hosting the Lions. It was a good game. At one point BC #14 was near us on a special teams play. One of the Argos fans engaged him in conversation and proceeded to tell him he sucked. The player asked why (first time I have ever seen a pro athlete actually engabe with a heckling fan) and the fan told him he sucked because he was on special teams. Turns out he was also playing defense and from that point on he only covered the far side of the field. Until the 3rd last defensive play in OT that is. He tackled the Argos receiver in the end zone about 2 seconds before the ball arrived. Set up a 1st and goal from the 1 and a TD and 2 pointer. BC failed to convert their TD so Argos win.
Only reason the game went to OT was Toronto coach needed a lesson on clock management. They kneeled for 2 plays with about 45 seconds left and BC holding 1 timeout. This left BC 15 seconds to attempt a FG. Fortunately the BC kicker also sucked and missed for a single point. His second miss of the game.
But it was an enjoyable game. The Argo win coupled with the BC loss also clinched a playoff spot for the Argos. If they lose out they will have a better record than BC (with tiebreaker) so there would not be a crossover. With Montreal's loss to the Riders, Argos are back alone in first place.
It was definitely one of the better games by the Lions, IRBS. Thought they actually had a good chance at a win but that OT convert miss put paid to that. The Rider vs Als game was was a snoozer for the first half but the second more than made up for it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I think the Toronto kicker got game star. He kicked 5 field goals in all 2 from over 50 yards. Any one of those missed, Toronto looses.
I am really happy to see TO top of their division, IRBS. Though, the Ti-Cats are my second favorite team, TO needs to have a good season especially with Covid screwing everything up. I am a CFL supporter all the way and what is good for one is good for the league. Hope they make it all the way through the play-offs.

Reactions: petros

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am really happy to see TO top of their division, IRBS. Though, the Ti-Cats are my second favorite team, TO needs to have a good season especially with Covid screwing everything up. I am a CFL supporter all the way and what is good for one is good for the league. Hope they make it all the way through the play-offs.
I am a Riders fan #1 but living in Toronto, the Argos are my second favourite. I found it difficult a couple of years ago when Toronto beat Saskatchewan in the Eastern final. I would love for Saskatchewan to get revenge this year but not sure anybody will beat Winnipeg.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I am a Riders fan #1 but living in Toronto, the Argos are my second favourite. I found it difficult a couple of years ago when Toronto beat Saskatchewan in the Eastern final. I would love for Saskatchewan to get revenge this year but not sure anybody will beat Winnipeg.
Agree with you about the Bombers, IRBS. They just keep getting better with every game - no flies on them and it will take everything the Riders have to beat them in the play-offs.