CFL 2021

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Riders 32 - 9 Lions.

First points ever scored by a Japanese in the CFL, Kicker Yamasaki for BC. Lions showing some signs of life, probably too little too late.

Halftime.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Tell me the Lion's don't six game Michael Reilly and pretend he could be good to go this week.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Calgary - 6.5 vs BC tonight.

Worth checking out Canada's new single game betting laws on that one. I predict Calgary by 17.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Calgary - 6.5 vs BC tonight.

Worth checking out Canada's new single game betting laws on that one. I predict Calgary by 17.
BC, with Reilly, still only scored one td. Calgary should have been better.

Not seeing the CFL listed on Bodog today and wonder if it had to do with BC playing games with their starting lineup. Assume it will be a topic among some today.

Pete_Coach

Time Out
Feb 19, 2020
Played Canadian football. Refereed Canadian football. Coached Canadian football (kids)for many years. Watched Canadian football for decades. Am very sorry to say that Canadian football has not kept up. 2 and out has become very boring. Yes, there are certainly good plays during the games but overall, Canadian football has become boring. It is no surprise the attendance and viewership is down

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Played Canadian football. Refereed Canadian football. Coached Canadian football (kids)for many years. Watched Canadian football for decades. Am very sorry to say that Canadian football has not kept up. 2 and out has become very boring. Yes, there are certainly good plays during the games but overall, Canadian football has become boring. It is no surprise the attendance and viewership is down
Welcome and happy to have another fan on board. You are right about the league not keeping up to the detriment of the players and the fans but continuing to serve themselves very nicely. I am curious to see how and if they will get another collective agreement done. It burns me that they don't honour player contracts but keep handing themselves three year deals that are carved in stone. It is what it is and happy to have what we have. Fingers crossed for an improved league down the road.

Bomber game tonight and just hearing that an accident on Pembina Highway has traffic gridlocked. IG Field is a nightmare location but it has nice offices and great facilities. I sure miss Winnipeg Stadium and the great access from all directions. I best steer clear of tax payer support for now,

Trying to get the $20 bucks I lost on Calgary back by betting Toronto +6.5. Winnipeg might win but I think the Argos cover. I'm big on MBT and Eric Rogers.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
New owner in BC. Hoping he takes an interest and wishing him luck along the way.

Thanking David Braley for all he did.

Very likely < $20 million which is a heck of a bargain imo

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's been a few years, Bob, so I'll repeat my dream. . .

The CFL, 2025:

Eastern Division

Niagra Falls
Montreal Alouettes
NB Sailors
Halifax Gunners (for the cannon in the fort)

Central Division

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Toronto Argonauts
Ottawa Redblacks
Hamilton Ti-Cats

Western Division

Saskatchewan Roughriders
Calgary Stampeders
Edmonton Elks
BC Lions

Southern Division

Memphis Steamers
Oklahoma Hunters
San Antonio Vaqueros
San Diego Vipers

Subsidy from the NFL, which will use the CFL as a "minor league" to develop talent in a formal arrangement that recognizes the developmental interest of the NFL, but preserves the integrity and primacy of the CFL.

Special law in the U.S. Congress to allow the CFL Southern Division to "discriminate on the basis of national origin" to preserve the "25% Canadian" rule across the league.

Annual "North American Super Cup" where the loser of the NFL Super Bowl plays the loser of the Grey Cup. Played alternate years in Canada under CFL rules and in the U.S. under NCAA (college) rules. Players of BOTH teams in the Super Cup are paid by NFL payscales.

Editorial: It was a damn CRIME that, when Ottawa refused the CFL a $30 million loan to allow a 2020 season, the NFL didn't step up. FFS, the NFL pays some INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS more'n $30 mil! Surely they could pony up.