Casey Kasem Dead at 82

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
He's on the move again..........well, maybe............

His widow, Cheers actress Jean Kasem, who retains the legal rights over his remains, recently submitted an official written request to the government of Norway asking that her late husband be buried in the capital of Oslo, NBC News reported on Friday. Amid a longtime family feud, the location of the radio icon and Scooby-Doo star's body has not been revealed publicly since he died at age 82 on June 15.

She is quoted as saying in her letter that Casey "always said that Norway symbolizes peace and looks like heaven" and that she "would like to respectfully fulfill his wishes."

"My heritage on my mother's side is Norwegian and I plan to move to Norway by the end of this year," she added. "Therefore, I would also like to be near my husband's resting place so my daughter and I could visit him often."

Oslo's Managing Director of Funeral Service Wenche Elizabeth Madsen Eriksson told NBC News that permission to bury Casey in Oslo has been granted, adding that "as far as I know, he is not in Norway yet."

Danny Deraney, a rep for Casey's children from a previous marriage, including daughter Kerri Kasem, told E! News exclusively that the family still doesn't know the whereabouts of their father's body and has hired a private investigator.

"We don't know if he's in Norway or if he is in Montreal," Deraney told E! News, adding, "I don't think Casey has ever been to Norway. I do know that Casey wanted to buried at Forest Lawn in Glendale [near Los Angeles] and not in in Norway."

Jean and her stepchildren had feuded for years and disagreed over the handling of the radio legend's care prior to his death. He had suffered from Lewy body dementia and during his final days, his wife moved him from a California nursing home to a private residence in Washington.

A judge later appointed Kerri to be Casey's temporary conservator and allowed her to implement end-of-life measures for her dad.

Casey Kasem, Who Died 2 Months Ago, May Be Buried in Norway—Find Out Why | E! Online

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Dude he's dead already, like this thread should be..

Maybe sexy here can put a hole in the thread with her pistola.

He's dead but the story isn't. Matter of fact it's not the fact that he's dead so much but how the morons around him are acting.

I personally couldn't listen to him but the story goes on........

It's the end of what turned into an international power struggle between Casey's wife, Jean, and his children.

We've learned the famed DJ was buried last Tuesday at the Vestre Gravlund, one of the largest cemeteries in Norway. We're told there was a small ceremony ... we don't know if Jean was there but we're told his kids were not. Casey's children didn't know he was even buried until Monday.

The burial is legally significant. The LAPD has been conducting an elder abuse investigation after Casey's kids filed a police report claiming Jean caused Casey to get a fatal infection during a wild, multi-state car ride.

The body has been rotting away for months -- for a long period of time it wasn't even embalmed. The decay and now the burial in a foreign land will make it virtually impossible for L.A. authorities to make a solid determination on whether the bed sores contributed to Casey's death.

Read more: Casey Kasem -- Buried in Norway ... FINALLY | TMZ.com

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Casey Kasem's widow Jean Kasem sued for wrongful death

Three of the radio personality Casey Kasem's children and his brother sued his widow on Wednesday, claiming her actions led to his death in 2014.

The wrongful death lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court accuses Jean Kasem of elder abuse and inflicting emotional distress on Kasem's children from a previous marriage by restricting access to their father before his death.

Prosecutors earlier this year declined to charge Jean Kasem with elder abuse, a decision that Kerri Kasem said Wednesday led to her family filing the civil case.

"We would rather see her in jail than receive one dime," Kerri Kasem said. "We don't care about the money. We care about justice."

The 28-page lawsuit gives a detailed account of Kasem's final days, including the extent of his ailments and the family infighting swirling around him.

Kerri Kasem and her attorneys, Troy Martin and Steve Shuman, said that in addition to trying to hold Jean Kasem accountable, they hope their lawsuit raises awareness about elder abuse.

Casey Kasem's widow Jean Kasem sued for wrongful death | Newsday

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol You got me again, Tay. I did not see the date of the thread at first.

Anyways, i did not know he died. I hope this gets settled soon, though. Lawyers tend to be the only ones that benefit in litigation.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Is he dead again? Or just still dying? Or almost dead. Close to being, but actually or truly dead? That's sort of a TMZ dead, only without music. Or is he Dick Clark dead?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAfDzB7IyEU

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!" No! No, that wasn't it...

“Good night, Chet.” “Good night, David.” That wasn't it either.

Let me see.

“And that’s the way it is.” Nope.

“Good night, Ms. Calabash, wherever you are.” I think that's the one, I...no, I got that one mixed up.

"Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids!" Getting warmer...

"Keep your stick on the ice." Nah, that was the show with the coloured guy in it.

"So, it's goodnight from me...and it's goodnight from him." Forget that one. That was the two dead Brits. Joan Rivers, and the other guy.

"Don't forget to stay demented!" Hmmm...

Got it! "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!"

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Too bad you can't take it with you when you die
That would leave a lot less trouble trailing out behind, like a boat wake

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
This is the "undead" of forum threads ... lurching around the countryside, headless, mindless, lifeless ..