Cancer Vaccine?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Which has been proven to be ineffective.

Actually not true but ya know, don't let reality or science stop you.

And sometimes detrimental to good health because there was no proper testing done on the covid vaccine.

All vaccines have a potential to be' detrimental to good health'.

I'll give you that 'proper testing' is a huge question, but as TB pointed out, what would constitute 'proper testing' or rather, 'safe and effective'? How long should we give before a vaccine is considered "proper" to use?

Up to date as of Oct. 10.

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. More than 627 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through October 12, 2022. During this time, VAERS received 16,888 preliminary reports of death (0.0027%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA clinicians review reports of death to VAERS including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records."

Overall, considering the data, the vaccine has been a freakin' success considering. NO vaccine will be perfect, there will be adverse reactions from minor to severe, and yeah, people still might die. But that can happen with any vaccine too.
Cancer vaccine has been in the works for a good 10 years. At some point, when a cure is more financially rewarding than maintaining a patient it will become a reality.

Longer than 10 years.

But the actual point is that the same method to try and cure cancer is what was used for Covid. As pointed out, the stuff learned from the Covid vaccine actually is helping the research for Cancer as well.

So if the same method for Covid is wrong, evil, bad, or whatever the lunatic types, conspiracy theory types or just plain sheeple think it is, then by rights it should be for the cancer vaccine too.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Don't want to be pedantic, but please remember that "cancer" is not a disease, it's a family of diseases. What works on one kind won't work, or won't work as well, on others.

That much I'm well aware of.

My uncle died of throat cancer a year ago September. My mom that December from ovarian cancer.

My grandmother had stomach cancer.

Cancer is, sadly, a 'thing' in my family though mom did the genetic test and no specific markers showed for it.

My hope is that this 'vaccine', because it works off mRNA, can cover more cancers than just one or two. I don't see it curing *All* cancers, sadly, but still, some is better than none.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Actually not true but ya know, don't let reality or science stop you.

All vaccines have a potential to be' detrimental to good health'.

I'll give you that 'proper testing' is a huge question, but as TB pointed out, what would constitute 'proper testing' or rather, 'safe and effective'? How long should we give before a vaccine is considered "proper" to use?

Up to date as of Oct. 10.

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. More than 627 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through October 12, 2022. During this time, VAERS received 16,888 preliminary reports of death (0.0027%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA clinicians review reports of death to VAERS including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records."

Overall, considering the data, the vaccine has been a freakin' success considering. NO vaccine will be perfect, there will be adverse reactions from minor to severe, and yeah, people still might die. But that can happen with any vaccine too.

Longer than 10 years.

But the actual point is that the same method to try and cure cancer is what was used for Covid. As pointed out, the stuff learned from the Covid vaccine actually is helping the research for Cancer as well.

So if the same method for Covid is wrong, evil, bad, or whatever the lunatic types, conspiracy theory types or just plain sheeple think it is, then by rights it should be for the cancer vaccine too.
Possibly. But at least the cancer vaccine is getting properly tested. Anyway, it is not necessarily the method that is wrong. We all know you don’t believe in science but accept whatever some pill salesman tells you, but the Covid vaccine did not do what the politicians and pill pushers claimed.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Possibly. But at least the cancer vaccine is getting properly tested.

Is it? How do you know?

Anyway, it is not necessarily the method that is wrong.

It's the method that people have said that was wrong. If it's wrong for Covid, it's wrong for everything else.

We all know you don’t believe in science

LMAO - really? I don't agree with what part of science?

but accept whatever some pill salesman tells you,

I think you're mistaking me for someone else, Taxy. I don't just "accept whatever some pill salesman tells me". Pill salesmen - sounds more like the bunk that a lot of anti-vaxxers are spouting...

but the Covid vaccine did not do what the politicians and pill pushers claimed.

I'll admit, it didn't do ALL that was claimed, no.

It DID lessen hospital stays, it HAS lessened severity of symptoms if you get covid for most people, so it got SOME right - the important stuff.

I know you hate it but, facts are facts.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Is it? How do you know?

It's the method that people have said that was wrong. If it's wrong for Covid, it's wrong for everything else.

LMAO - really? I don't agree with what part of science?

I think you're mistaking me for someone else, Taxy. I don't just "accept whatever some pill salesman tells me". Pill salesmen - sounds more like the bunk that a lot of anti-vaxxers are spouting...

I'll admit, it didn't do ALL that was claimed, no.

It DID lessen hospital stays, it HAS lessened severity of symptoms if you get covid for most people, so it got SOME right - the important stuff.

I know you hate it but, facts are facts.
So why do you ignore the facts?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Possibly. But at least the cancer vaccine is getting properly tested. Anyway, it is not necessarily the method that is wrong. We all know you don’t believe in science but accept whatever some pill salesman tells you, but the Covid vaccine did not do what the politicians and pill pushers claimed.
So why do you ignore the facts?
Dude - don't feed the crazy.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Possibly. But at least the cancer vaccine is getting properly tested.
And that's a big thing. Of course there was no time with covid, and i would say that it's demonstrably true that even there it did what the actual companies said it would do. The politicians tended to "elaborate" from time to time but the vaccines did what the developers said for original covid, still worked pretty well but not as well for delta, and had no effect on transmission but some effect on hospital stays for omicron. That's basically what the research said. Can't help it if biden is out there saying "Get your shot and you're guaranteed never to get sick".

All in all, it did very well for a product that was developed seat of the pants and brought in under emergency authorizations with limited testing.

For Cancer they'll have actual proper clinical trials, proper research, multiple "flavours" to address different cancers, a lot more fine tuning and that is how it should be. Also - it's cancer. IT's not some over achieving version of the flu like omicron. Cancer is fatal in most cases without treatment (and often even with) not just a few cases. And people can choose to take it or not (it's not like they can claim cancer is contagious :) )

So it'll be a very different thing. People will have lots of research to look at and they'll be choosing themselves and the threat the illness it prevents is very real. It'll be a good thing if they can make it work,

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The only exploding heads are yours because reality just isn't going the way you want it to and you're being called out on it. :)
80 dead doctors might disagree with you , if they were still alive that is .

Reactions: petros