Cancer Vaccine?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Yeah, I don't expect most here to actually believe/trust this or even think it's valid. But hey, you can keep being pro-Cancer death if you want.

Meanwhile, after losing my mom last Christmas Eve to Ovarian cancer and with cancer in my family, I'm HAPPY this is happening. Still a while to wait but... finally, a little hope.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I know. That it's the same tech as the Covid vax, and so many were against that, I'm surprised it's even a thing.

I'm glad it is, mind you, but then I like science.
The science that gives you a vaccine that neither stops transmission nor protects against infection .

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I know. That it's the same tech as the Covid vax, and so many were against that, I'm surprised it's even a thing.

Well all know you don't give a shit about science unless it happens to support one of your echo-chamber ideas.

However - this isn't new news. As he mentioned, mNRA technology was developed SPECIFICALLY with cancer in mind. That's why we had it. It wasn't developed magically when covid appeared, it was adapted from it's original purpose to address covid.

This was always it's original intended purpose. So it's nice to see that they're finally getting close to the original goal.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Which has been proven to be ineffective. And sometimes detrimental to good health because there was no proper testing done on the covid vaccine. Cancer vaccine has been in the works for a good 10 years. At some point, when a cure is more financially rewarding than maintaining a patient it will become a reality.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Which has been proven to be ineffective. And sometimes detrimental to good health because there was no proper testing done on the covid vaccine. Cancer vaccine has been in the works for a good 10 years. At some point, when a cure is more financially rewarding than maintaining a patient it will become a reality.
It's a eternal balancing act. What constitutes "safe and effective?"

Let's take money out of it, and assume all players are working at cost and experiencing no financial gain. Still, how much testing do you do? What level of safety is safe? One bad outcome in 1000? One in 100,000? And what level of "effective" is worth it? If a covid vaccine reduced your chances of getting covid by 50%, and reduced the severity of covid 50%, is that enough?

Being extreme on these questions is bad news. On one end you have the Thalidomide disaster. On the other you have the criminal insanity of denying opiates for pain relief to people who're gonna be dead in six weeks.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Let's take money out of it, and assume all players are working at cost and experiencing no financial gain. Still, how much testing do you do? What level of safety is safe? One bad outcome in 1000? One in 100,000? And what level of "effective" is worth it? If a covid vaccine reduced your chances of getting covid by 50%, and reduced the severity of covid 50%, is that enough?

Being extreme on these questions is bad news. On one end you have the Thalidomide disaster. On the other you have the criminal insanity of denying opiates for pain relief to people who're gonna be dead in six weeks.
I never said it was easy. I would expect several years of testing before forcing it on the population. Also that would eliminate the political bullshit. First we were told 2 weeks to flatten the curve. Didn't work. Also told a rag over your face would work. It didn't. Two shots will prevent the spread. Another lie. Now some people are on their fourth shot and still not cured. So what exactly is this vaccine, except a giant money maker?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I never said it was easy. I would expect several years of testing before forcing it on the population. Also that would eliminate the political bullshit. First we were told 2 weeks to flatten the curve. Didn't work. Also told a rag over your face would work. It didn't. Two shots will prevent the spread. Another lie. Now some people are on their fourth shot and still not cured. So what exactly is this vaccine, except a giant money maker?
Well, I'm on my fifth shot. Why do I do it? Because I follow the recommendations of my doctor, the VA Medical Center, the FDA, the CDC, and the NIH.

Because I don't consider watching YouTube videos and cherry-picking statistics "doing research."

Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

How many children died before $5 backseat seatbelt reminders were added to the annoying bing bing bing bing bing of the vehicle computer?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well, I'm on my fifth shot. Why do I do it? Because I follow the recommendations of my doctor, the VA Medical Center, the FDA, the CDC, and the NIH.

Because I don't consider watching YouTube videos and cherry-picking statistics "doing research."
We’re only on our fourth still. Wanted to get the seasonal flu shot at the same time & that just came out a few days ago now.
Do you get sew on badges for that?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Got a sticker the last time. Does that count?
1666723282536.jpegSeasonal flu shot is the big one, as we know a few people hellaciously Ill right now. Only allows booking regular flu shots online for some reason though.
1666723693647.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tecumsehsbones