Canadian Election Predictions 2021

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Hoping for better than that, but would be happy with it.........I'm afraid there are just too many people voting that don't have a clue or give a ****

Reactions: taxslave

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
If a politician would advocate for a 4 day work week, and state that we should be bringing the private sector up to the public sector instead of the reverse...a race to the bottom...well...I bet he'd be elected Prime Minister tomorrow.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If a politician would advocate for a 4 day work week, and state that we should be bringing the private sector up to the public sector instead of the reverse...a race to the bottom...well...I bet he'd be elected Prime Minister tomorrow.
If the private sector paid as much as the public sector, inflation would raise about 20% per annum.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"If the private sector paid as much as the public sector, inflation would raise about 20% per annum."

Who cares? Everyone would be making good coin...a chicken in every pot. I'd pay an extra $200.00 for my TV if I was knocking down 70k per year in a private sector position...one that didn't require a high level of education...just a solid work ethic.

In the good old days, if you were under educated, you could still afford to buy a home and raise a family through hard work. Today if you are a hard worker with little education? You're pouring coffee at Tim Hortons or slugging pizzas.

Good middle class jobs for hard workers with little education are evaporating. Like I said...raise the private sector UP to the public sector....instead of making all of this a race to the bottom.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
"If the private sector paid as much as the public sector, inflation would raise about 20% per annum."

Who cares? Everyone would be making good coin...a chicken in every pot. I'd pay an extra $200.00 for my TV if I was knocking down 70k per year in a private sector position...one that didn't require a high level of education...just a solid work ethic.

In the good old days, if you were under educated, you could still afford to buy a home and raise a family through hard work. Today if you are a hard worker with little education? You're pouring coffee at Tim Hortons or slugging pizzas.

Good middle class jobs for hard workers with little education are evaporating. Like I said...raise the private sector UP to the public sector....instead of making all of this a race to the bottom.
Where I work a good work ethic makes you $100+ a year. Plus bennies.Lots of hrs. and away from home a lot. But that is what it takes to make comparable money to government.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

So all costs would increase as well, because what business could remain operational by absorbing increased labour costs? One needs to remember that with a wage increase, so do other costs increase: CPP & EI contributions that the employer sends to CRA along with the individual's portion as well as benefits increase (based on salaries/wages depending on the type of benefits). So it's easy to say ya, give everyone raises to meet the same as Federal Employees but remember - the Feds have access to waaayyyy more money than most businesses who are small & family run. And, more than likely, if those increases in the private sector ever caught up to what the Federal CS receive, their unions would likely want even more cuz they're "special".

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I worked in a grocery warehouse job in 1989. Starting salary was $11.50 per hour. 30 years later, the starting salary for that same job was....drum roll...you guessed it...$11.50 per hour.

Now you tell me something isn't wrong here. And where did all of that money in saved wages go? Can you tell me?

I simply don't buy the scare tactic that the world would end if we brought the private sector up to the public sector levels. Reminds me of how the Left kept saying Harper had a 'hidden agenda'...when nothing could have been further from the truth.

When everyone has a good piece of the pie, crime goes down...racism goes down...etc. The 80's are a good example of this. And honestly, is there any need for anyone to become a billionaire off the backs of minimum wage employees?

Last edited:
Reactions: taxslave

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
fiberal majority. hes got the gay vote, the black vote, and the womens vote because hes real perdy. ;)
1629657523379.png1629657592192.png1629657805948.png

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I dunno.

Maybe Erin O'Toole will get the 'disgruntled housewife' vote...seems to be about the only demographic left. Could be a key vote, though. All of these women whose husbands lost their shirts over the last year and a half...etc.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I worked in a grocery warehouse job in 1989. Starting salary was $11.50 per hour. 30 years later, the starting salary for that same job was....drum roll...you guessed it...$11.50 per hour.

Now you tell me something isn't wrong here. And where did all of that money in saved wages go? Can you tell me?

I simply don't buy the scare tactic that the world would end if we brought the private sector up to the public sector levels. Reminds me of how the Left kept saying Harper had a 'hidden agenda'...when nothing could have been further from the truth.

When everyone has a good piece of the pie, crime goes down...racism goes down...etc. The 80's are a good example of this. And honestly, is there any need for anyone to become a billionaire off the backs of minimum wage employees?
The problem is our federal and some provincial governments are actively killing off all the real jobs. They want the population to be poor and desperate ,otherwise there is no real benefit to them being rich.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Really . If you are a hard worker you will be able to progress into a better position . Lots of good jobs out there .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I call b.s.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"I call b.s."

Dude. I worked the job from 1989 to 1996. The starting wage was $11.50 per hour.

I drove by that same warehouse a couple of years ago before the Province raised minimum wages to $14 something per hour. The sign said "Jobs. Steel Toe Boots Required. $11.50 / hour."

I suppose you can argue I was overpaid in 1989, but again...where did all of that money in saved wages go over the last 30 years?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
"I call b.s."

Dude. I worked the job from 1989 to 1996. The starting wage was $11.50 per hour.

I drove by that same warehouse a couple of years ago before the Province raised minimum wages to $14 something per hour. The sign said "Jobs. Steel Toe Boots Required. $11.50 / hour."

I suppose you can argue I was overpaid in 1989, but again...where did all of that money in saved wages go over the last 30 years?
I hope some of it went to my pension plan.

• Haha