Canada Post can pound salt

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I ordered the same book (via LULU) and I don't think I paid more than a couple of bucks.
Maybe 1/2 of what Canada Post chaged if I had to guess, & it was in my mailbox within
maybe 1/2 a week or so.[/QUOT

It cost me $75.00 to send a 28 ounce package to Australia,via Canada Post. UPS claims it does not ship "personal" items to Australia....FedEx cost $260.00 !!!

I'm always irked at Christmastime...the postage costs more than the card!!

There's a lesson there, if you can't attach the gift to an email, it's not an appropriate gift! :smile:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There's a lesson there, if you can't attach the gift to an email, it's not an appropriate gift! :smile:

You can't go wrong with gift certificates either. That is what I get my neices and nephews... and I wrap them in a big box.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Maybe all you cheap pricks should get 'MaoEx' to open in Canada. That would 'save' money, for you, it would put more Canadians out of work but obviously you cheap Wal-Mart c unts don't give a f uck about your fellow Canadians if it means a couple of bucks. Enjoy your double dip recession, you earned it.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I pay €2.50 ($3.50) to send letters back home to Canada registered. It costs > $18.00 at Canada Post to send them registered this direction. That's a simple envelope with a couple of pieces of paper inside.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I pay €2.50 ($3.50) to send letters back home to Canada registered. It costs > $18.00 at Canada Post to send them registered this direction. That's a simple envelope with a couple of pieces of paper inside.

Do you think there is a volume issue or other?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
A small envelope you send letters in; Nothing big at all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just shipped a cell phone from Vernon B.C. to Drayton Valley AB by Purolator...........$32.38. HOw you like them apples?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We are getting what we pay for. Union slugs, paid accumulative sick days, low work ethic, big wages, etc..

Time to privatize it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We are getting what we pay for. Union slugs, paid accumulative sick days, low work ethic, big wages, etc..

Time to privatize it.

I would have agreed whole heartedly up until I was confronted by what I related in the previous post. They are all a bunch of bandits. Well maybe not all, I just got a perfect haircut for $12 from the little Vietnamese guy I go to. He has a good work ethic and is very meticulous. :smile:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm still waiting for the fishing lure DaS sent me.

Or Canada Post to tel me what and where "A recipient safe location" is.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm still waiting for the fishing lure DaS sent me.

Or Canada Post to tel me what and where "A recipient safe location" is.

It's not quite a Lure....It's a gadget powered by a 9volt battery that you put on the end of an ice fishing rod or a stick... that lights up and emits a buzzing sound when even a small perch bites. especialy good for night fishing.
They are now pretty rare since the guy quit making them years ago, I'll see if I can find some more around town.
I'll get your postal box # before I send it next time.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Went back to Canada Post today with just a book in hand. Laid it on the scale, measured it without bubble envelope and it still cost $13.95 to send from Southwest Ontario to Grande Prairie Alta.

Now here's the kicker.

Same book, same shipper (Can Post) to London England. $12.00

jwmcq625

Nominee Member
Sep 14, 2007
I went in to the post office today to send out a copy of my book to my niece who lives in Grand Prairie Alta and almost fell over when I paid the shipping bill. $14.27 with taxes to send a 6 X 9 paperback from the Niagara region to Grande Prairie Alta. Up 2 bucks from the last one I shipped. I said to the postal worker. "I guess it's time to start taking my business to the couriers."​

"They're more expensive," she replied.​

When I ship from my publisher in Wisconsin and North Carolina it cost me half that.​

I think it's time to do away with this overpriced crown corporation.​

When you consider that the Corporation's CEO is allowed to pay himself and the rest of the executive team's 6 figure salaries and benefits, that the rest of us can only dream about, what can you expect? If it is a Crown Corporation and the Government of Canada imposes wage settlements on uion personnel, maybe it's time they also scaled back the salaries and benefits of the executive team, and while they are at it eliminate the massive bureaucracy working at the post office that have nothing whatsoever to do with actually sorting or delivery of mail.