Canada Passes New Regulations to Stop People Driving Without Headlights at Night

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
That's been on the books forever. I got a ticket in the mid 80s for no headlights. I had parking lights on, but headlights were not on. Was in town and didn't notice.

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yep, we have cars for sale here and that are driven here that are capable of doing twice the highest posted speed limit in Canada, and even faster. But yeah, let's worry about car lighting because that's what'll make our roads safer.

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The simple solution is to do away with the headlight switch. Engine on, lights on. Simple. Several decades back, when daytime driving lights became mandatory for some reason no one ever managed to explain tail lights were not included. Yet it is more important to see the vehicle you are about to overtake than the one coming towards you in the opposite lane.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
On my ford ecosport the light switch has 3 positions Off , On, and auto...............
Mine is always on auto,
Start the car and the lights come on.
then there is a lever on the steering column for high beam and normal for meeting other vehicles at night....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
On my ford ecosport the light switch has 3 positions Off , On, and auto...............
Mine is always on auto,
Start the car and the lights come on.
then there is a lever on the steering column for high beam and normal for meeting other vehicles at night....
There is always daytime running lights. The only way to kill that is by engaging the parking brake.

Reactions: DaSleeper