Canada is getting a new holiday to honour residential school survivors

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Holidays don't solve existing problems but hey, Canadians now have another day to go the mall.
Nobody can deal with a stat holiday like a Canadian civil servant. Monday / Friday no problem because they never have anything that matters to do. Holidays give them meaning.

Ironically the guy building the better mouse trap doesn't care to take holidays because he is busy doing something that matters.

Did they pick the day? Betting it doesn't fall during a recess.

• Haha
Reactions: Danbones

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
IIRC United & Anglicans had their hands dirty too.
So why ask the Pope ask them all . All the Residential Schools have mass graves , that’s what they did at the time . This is no great revelation . There were no refrigerated vessels to transfer nor the infrastructure to allow the remains to be relocated to remote areas . Nor was there the political will and resulting budgets . All of this is a giant smokescreen to take eyes off Liberal incompetence in the Covid crisis .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Nobody can deal with a stat holiday like a Canadian civil servant. Monday / Friday no problem because they never have anything that matters to do. Holidays give them meaning.

Ironically the guy building the better mouse trap doesn't care to take holidays because he is busy doing something that matters.

Did they pick the day? Betting it doesn't fall during a recess.
Good point , the parliamentarians need their time off as well . They are terribly overworked after all .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So why ask the Pope ask them all . All the Residential Schools have mass graves , that’s what they did at the time . This is no great revelation . There were no refrigerated vessels to transfer nor the infrastructure to allow the remains to be relocated to remote areas . Nor was there the political will and resulting budgets . All of this is a giant smokescreen to take eyes off Liberal incompetence in the Covid crisis .
In most of Canada there was no digging holes in winter. Frozen bodies will keep until spring.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Although this was the wrong thing to do, but many of the kids benefitted from this education and went on to become successful citizens. You never here of the good things that came out of the res schools

Tomson Highway Has A Surprisingly Positive Take On Residential Schools​

"All we hear is the negative stuff, nobody's interested in the positive, the joy in that school. Nine of the happiest years of my life I spent it at that school. I learned your language, for God's sake. Have you learned my language? No, so who's the privileged one and who is underprivileged?

"You may have heard stories from 7,000 witnesses in the process that were negative," he adds. "But what you haven't heard are the 7,000 reports that were positive stories. There are many very successful people today that went to those schools and have brilliant careers and are very functional people, very happy people like myself. I have a thriving international career, and it wouldn't have happened without that school."

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Dead Dog Café Comedy Hour. Its biting satire and irreverent tone made Tom King, Jasper Friendly Bear and Grace Heavy Hand stars. And it demonstrated to all Canadians that aboriginal people have a wicked sense of humour. You can listen to the show right here!The Dead Dog Cafe Comedy Hour ran for four seasons starting in 1997 and was the creation of the acclaimed aboriginal writer Thomas King. It was set in the fictional town of Blossom, Alberta. Both the Dead Dog Café, where the 15 minute program was set, and Blossom originally appeared in King's novel Green Grass, Running Water. The radio drama featured three regular characters- Tom King, who played himself, Floyd Favel, who played Jasper Friendly Bear and Edna Rain, who played the café's owner Gracie Heavy Hand. The series was irreverent, political and sometimes breathtakingly politically incorrect. And funny. Very funny. As Kathleen Flaherty, the show's producer said, it blew apart some stereotypes about Indians.

One of the funniest and most entertaining programs that the cbc ever hosted. Never missed an episode.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Thank goodness for antibiotics.
I guess antibiotic resistant flesh eating disease and cannibals only differ by degrees...
:)
...that is the degrees they each prefer food gets cooked to 'till it's ready to eat.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
This is all part of the Christian hating Marxist roll out.

It's going to be all pedo, theft, white privilege, racism, hate ....BLA BLA BLA. in the POPLISM hating PAID for MSM.

Like the people running the BLM, It's POLITICAL MARXISM which all started with the TROTSKYITE PROPAGANDA MACHINE in the ol' CCCP..

Blankfein Says He’s Just Doing ‘God’s Work’​

BY DEALBOOK NOVEMBER 9, 2009 5:27 AMNovember 9, 2009 5:27 am

The chief executive of Goldman Sachs, which has attracted widespread media attention over the size of its staff bonuses, says he believes banks serve a social purpose and are “doing God’s work.”

NO ONE hates christians more than clowns like this. I mean Who the Fk needs them fakenews upstart Christians when you can serve the REAL GAWD???
;)
They have AI and drones now, they don't need the faithful or the proletariat much any more. Think about it. You have to DEMONIZE them you want to get rid of first so the rest of the herd don't get wise and tip the bus over before you bump off all the people who actually paid for it...See?

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The Dead Dog Café Comedy Hour. Its biting satire and irreverent tone made Tom King, Jasper Friendly Bear and Grace Heavy Hand stars. And it demonstrated to all Canadians that aboriginal people have a wicked sense of humour. You can listen to the show right here!The Dead Dog Cafe Comedy Hour ran for four seasons starting in 1997 and was the creation of the acclaimed aboriginal writer Thomas King. It was set in the fictional town of Blossom, Alberta. Both the Dead Dog Café, where the 15 minute program was set, and Blossom originally appeared in King's novel Green Grass, Running Water. The radio drama featured three regular characters- Tom King, who played himself, Floyd Favel, who played Jasper Friendly Bear and Edna Rain, who played the café's owner Gracie Heavy Hand. The series was irreverent, political and sometimes breathtakingly politically incorrect. And funny. Very funny. As Kathleen Flaherty, the show's producer said, it blew apart some stereotypes about Indians.

One of the funniest and most entertaining programs that the cbc ever hosted. Never missed an episode.

Loved listening to it as a kid. My parents were/still are CBC fans so it was always on at home and in the car. This, Double Exposure, Air Farce for comedy was always worthy to listen to.

But loved DDC for the native take on stuff, even if semi-satirical.

Reactions: Mowich

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I guess antibiotic resistant flesh eating disease and cannibals only differ by degrees...
:)
...that is the degrees they each prefer food gets cooked to 'till it's ready to eat.
Vancomycin still kicks. When they say "take it full course" it might be a good idea to listen.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Still, I never thought of the ol 98.6 as a "cook until inside temperature reaches" sort of thing.