Canada: Delta virus variant 'growing rapidly' in Ontario

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019

CTV News talks about how many people in Ontario need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. Dr. Barbara Yaffe isn't sure because of Delta variant.

"Herd Immunity" (also called herd effect, community immunity, population immunity, or mass immunity) is certainly a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that can occur with some diseases when a sufficient percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through vaccination or previous infections, thereby reducing the likelihood of infection for individuals who lack immunity. Immune individuals are unlikely to contribute to disease transmission, disrupting chains of infection, which stops or slows the spread of disease. The greater the proportion of immune individuals in a community, the smaller the probability that non-immune individuals will come into contact with an infectious individual.

Individuals can really become immune by recovering from an earlier infection or through vaccination. Some individuals cannot become immune because of medical conditions, such as an immunodeficiency or immunosuppression, and for this group herd immunity is a crucial method of protection. Once the herd immunity threshold has been reached, disease gradually disappears from a population. This elimination, if achieved worldwide, may result in the permanent reduction in the number of infections to zero, called eradication.

Infectious vs Contagious:

Contagious diseases are spread by contact, while infectious diseases are spread by infectious agents. Something "contagious" is by default "infectious" because contact exposed you to the infectious agent, but something infectious isn't always contagious.

Infectious diseases are caused by microscopic germs (such as bacteria or viruses) that get into the body and cause problems. Some (but not all) infectious diseases spread directly from one person to another. Infectious diseases that spread from person to person are said to be contagious.

"Food poisoning" is a good example of something infectious but not contagious: food can be contaminated with a bacteria that makes you sick, but you can't give your food poisoning to someone else just by shaking their hand or even giving them a kiss.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

CTV News talks about how many people in Ontario need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. Dr. Barbara Yaffe isn't sure because of Delta variant.

"Herd Immunity" (also called herd effect, community immunity, population immunity, or mass immunity) is certainly a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that can occur with some diseases when a sufficient percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through vaccination or previous infections, thereby reducing the likelihood of infection for individuals who lack immunity. Immune individuals are unlikely to contribute to disease transmission, disrupting chains of infection, which stops or slows the spread of disease. The greater the proportion of immune individuals in a community, the smaller the probability that non-immune individuals will come into contact with an infectious individual.

Individuals can really become immune by recovering from an earlier infection or through vaccination. Some individuals cannot become immune because of medical conditions, such as an immunodeficiency or immunosuppression, and for this group herd immunity is a crucial method of protection. Once the herd immunity threshold has been reached, disease gradually disappears from a population. This elimination, if achieved worldwide, may result in the permanent reduction in the number of infections to zero, called eradication.

Contagious diseases are spread by contact, while infectious diseases are spread by infectious agents. Something "contagious" is by default "infectious" because contact exposed you to the infectious agent, but something infectious isn't always contagious.

Infectious diseases are caused by microscopic germs (such as bacteria or viruses) that get into the body and cause problems. Some (but not all) infectious diseases spread directly from one person to another. Infectious diseases that spread from person to person are said to be contagious.

"Food poisoning" is a good example of something infectious but not contagious: food can be contaminated with a bacteria that makes you sick, but you can't give your food poisoning to someone else just by shaking their hand or even giving them a kiss.
paki variant. :(

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Natural immunity is WAY better.
;)
The inventor of this new vax tech says they are insane to be doing this EXPERIMENTAL vaccination thing. ESPECIALLY ON CHILDREN!!!!

Oh well, Nuremberg 2 here we come.

BTW: I had covid back in February, and I give it a solid 3 out of 10 on the bad flu scale.

Reactions: Wise and taxme

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
;)
The inventor of this new vax tech says they are insane to be doing this EXPERIMENTAL vaccination thing. ESPECIALLY ON CHILDREN!!!!

BTW: I had covid back in February, and I give it a solid 3 out of 10 on the bad flu scale.

You're full of shit..

But I hope you get this Delta Version because it will destroy your life and turn your lungs into paper bags.. at least thats the sound you make with every deep breath you take for the rest of your life.

Not to mention, walk up a flight of stairs, you're going to be winded like you just ran a 1/4 mile sprint..

Of course that is if you survive

Reactions: DaSleeper

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You're full of shit..

But I hope you get this Delta Version because it will destroy your life and turn your lungs into paper bags.. at least thats the sound you make with every deep breath you take for the rest of your life.

Not to mention, walk up a flight of stairs, you're going to be winded like you just ran a 1/4 mile sprint..

Of course that is if you survive
You meant Bullshite didn't you?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Danbones: You obviously had the "lighter" version of Covid, thankfully.

My g/f and her daughter in Germany weren't so lucky. They were seriously ill and my g/f's doctor said she was very close to having to be hospitalized. Fortunately, she didn't have to go and they recovered however, the after affects were extremely painful for both. Both suffered from nerve pain that nothing would help to relieve.

The Funny thing is that after they had their first shots - dtr had Pfizer and mom had the Astra Zeneca - all their symptoms went away. Because they had covid, she's refusing to take the 2nd shot because she fears the symptoms will come back. She's feeling fine and with having covid plus the 1st shot, their immune system will likely be ok.

Reactions: taxslave

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
If you are fully vaccinated, particularly with a two-dose vaccine, “don't worry about the Delta variant,” Dr. Jha said. Millions of Americans have received either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines; both are two-dose vaccines. Studies have shown their efficacy drops only slightly when encountering variants.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020

Just more Canadian political and media bull shit on it's way. It will never end with those two mentioned globalist sucking buffoons. Anything they say needs to be ignored for ones health and well being. If the sheeple keep on listening to those buffoons mentioned above they will be taking vaccination jabs forever because there will never be an end to this covid lying bull shit. I am still waiting for Canada to get it's own Canada covid variant. Maybe this fall. LOL.

Reactions: taxslave and Wise

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
;)

Experimental vaccinations are dangerous. There could be unknown side effects. Good luck.

Reactions: taxme and taxslave

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
If you are fully vaccinated, particularly with a two-dose vaccine, “don't worry about the Delta variant,” Dr. Jha said. Millions of Americans have received either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines; both are two-dose vaccines. Studies have shown their efficacy drops only slightly when encountering variants.

Don't worry about that other variant that will appear in the future, also... hmm.. ( it didn't even appear yet )

Reactions: taxslave

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Canada: Element of fear surrounding COVID-19 vaccine passports: bioethicist.

CTV News in Canada shows that University of Toronto bioethicist Kerry Bowman says vaccine passports involve an element of worry and fear.

As COVID-19 vaccine rollouts continue and the numbers of those fully vaccinated increase, some regions in Canada and internationally are already starting to use or consider vaccine-based identification for certain services or to facilitate travel.

In Canada, Manitoba has begun issuing proof-of-immunization cards to those who are fully vaccinated in the province, which allows residents to skip quarantine requirements if returning from travel and gives them greater ability to visit loved ones in hospital and long-term care.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Canada: Element of fear surrounding COVID-19 vaccine passports: bioethicist.

CTV News in Canada shows that University of Toronto bioethicist Kerry Bowman says vaccine passports involve an element of worry and fear.

As COVID-19 vaccine rollouts continue and the numbers of those fully vaccinated increase, some regions in Canada and internationally are already starting to use or consider vaccine-based identification for certain services or to facilitate travel.

In Canada, Manitoba has begun issuing proof-of-immunization cards to those who are fully vaccinated in the province, which allows residents to skip quarantine requirements if returning from travel and gives them greater ability to visit loved ones in hospital and long-term care.
This is just more discrimination being perpetrated on unvaccinated Canadians who do not want or need to take this covid experimental gene therapy vaccine. Discrimination is against the law according to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in Canada. But will that be ignored by our welfare recipient politicians who always keep telling us all the time that they love us so dearly and that they are only concerned about our health and well being.

If they are so concerned about our health and well being then shut the hell up and leave we the people alone. We the people will do a better job of looking after ourselves than they ever could do. Politicians make the problems, never solve any problems. (n)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Hi! My name is Karina, living in Russia. I live in a village and we have no job. I get about $80 a month. It is very little ((
That's why I can do it for a little money:
- Send you hot photos and videos
- send you a video of sex with an ex-boyfriend (if you don't put it out there!)
- I can do what you say in Skype, whatsapp or other messenger

Also ready to come to you in any country for your money.
I will not leave my contacts here. Find me just on the site http://dateshookp.com/?utm_source=60e890ccabe4c&click_id=Karina98 my nick is Karina98

Gesus, I think something just moved in my underwear. Yikes! LOL.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Experimental vaccinations are dangerous. There could be unknown side effects. Good luck.
It's strange how we are always being told about the wonders of these new experimental covid vaccines and that they are safe enough to take. Yet, we are never told about the people who have taken the jab and have had some serious side effects and in some cases many have died. Why does the media not report these incidents? It would appear to me that this is a cover up being committed here by the lying media and our welfare recipient politicians.

From my understanding, those that administer the covid vaccine must tell those people that they are injecting the effects and dangers of taking the covid vaccine. I do not believe that this is being done? If they are will someone let me know. :)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020

Here we go again. Get ready for round two of covid. I guess that we should all enjoy the little freedom that our dear wonderful full of shit politicians have given us for now. No doubt they will use this Delta virus as another excuse to lock everything down again. I just hope that the sheeple do not fall for this virus hoax lie again. O'boy. (n)

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It's strange how we are always being told about the wonders of these new experimental covid vaccines and that they are safe enough to take. Yet, we are never told about the people who have taken the jab and have had some serious side effects and in some cases many have died. Why does the media not report these incidents? It would appear to me that this is a cover up being committed here by the lying media and our welfare recipient politicians.

From my understanding, those that administer the covid vaccine must tell those people that they are injecting the effects and dangers of taking the covid vaccine. I do not believe that this is being done? If they are will someone let me know. :)
I think your statement that many people have died" is erroneous as I've looked on-line and can't find anything to substantiate that claim. While there have been side effect for some, they're pretty much not too serious.

Also, prior to taking the shot, one is given a sheet and asked various questions to see if you may not be a person to get the shots so it's up to the individual to review and answer the questions according to their specific circumstances. If, for an example, you are allergic to something that may be in the vaccine, then you shouldn't take it.

I am of the firm belief that if you want the vaccination, get it; if not, don't. You and you alone are responsible for your health - period.

JMHO

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I am of the firm belief that if you want the vaccination, get it; if not, don't. You and you alone are responsible for your health - period.

And if you get sick, get long covid or even die or someone you knows dies of it because of no vaccine, don't say a goddamn thing or whine about the issue/death because they made the choice. Everyone knows by now the risks...

Also don't expect the rest of us who are vaccinated to listen to your whining, bitching and moaning about how you 'can't do things' that we can. You want to go places and do things that vaccinated are allowed but you aren't cause you decided not to get the shots, either nut up and get the shots, or STFU.

• Haha
Reactions: taxme and DaSleeper

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And if you get sick, get long covid or even die or someone you knows dies of it because of no vaccine, don't say a goddamn thing or whine about the issue/death because they made the choice. Everyone knows by now the risks...

Also don't expect the rest of us who are vaccinated to listen to your whining, bitching and moaning about how you 'can't do things' that we can. You want to go places and do things that vaccinated are allowed but you aren't cause you decided not to get the shots, either nut up and get the shots, or STFU.
Well certainly if Dixie Cup dies she will STFU . It goes without saying . But if she lives will you STFU ?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

And I don't pity the antivaccers who die because of their stuborness.............