Can an HIV vaccine help aboriginal people in Saskatchewan?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
sorry to disapoint you then. lol
Far from it.

Sorry I even took the time to point out that everything is not always as it seems.
So you say. Sadly, you failed to prove. That's some ego though, to think that you are the first one to bring this topic out for us to kick around.
You can go on now mindlessly beliving everything they tell you.
Yes, that's it, we mindlessly believe everything they tell us, because you articulately posted so much evidence... :roll:

Like that video that contradicts itself in the first 10 minutes.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The USA have been reserching to find a vaccine for 25 years.
Why have they not find a cure? cause there not looking in the right place.

They haven't found a cure because retroviruses live inside cells. It's not exactly easy to make a vaccine for a virus that lives inside cells, protected from the circulating leukocytes and proteins which would otherwise destroy the virus. Every time daughter cells are produced, the virus is replicated as well. A vaccine relies on antibodies, not cellular mediated immune responses. HIV has evolved to use our host cellular mediated responses to gain access to the internal cellular environment, where it is protected from antibodies.

There has been no vaccine because this is very much beyond our capabilities right now.

There is lots on the internet to read, but it takes some training to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
They haven't found a cure because retroviruses live inside cells. It's not exactly easy to make a vaccine for a virus that lives inside cells, protected from the circulating leukocytes and proteins which would otherwise destroy the virus. Every time daughter cells are produced, the virus is replicated as well. A vaccine relies on antibodies, not cellular mediated immune responses. HIV has evolved to use our host cellular mediated responses to gain access to the internal cellular environment, where it is protected from antibodies.

There has been no vaccine because this is very much beyond our capabilities right now.

There is lots on the internet to read, but it takes some training to sort the wheat from the chaff.

What has alarmed me the most. Is that no HIV AIDS test is 100% conclusive.
I've watched laboratory expert say the HIV test is absolutely not fail proof.
Even have watched them say that its not even close to being 100% accurate

I've watched a whole documentary and from what I could understand.
There is no world standard test.

Even the most expensive test, can flip flop giving out positive and negative results
with the same patient testing more then one time.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Even the most expensive test, can flip flop giving out positive and negative results
Ya, the wife was told she was pregnant once.

When she wasn't.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Ya, the wife was told she was pregnant once.

When she wasn't.

When your doctor tells you your HIV positive.
For most that's like telling you your going to be dead
in 6 months.

When in fact your test is probably wrong

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
in 6 months.

For most what? It wasn't all that long ago that heart disease was a death sentence. Progress gets made in the real world .... just not always fast.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
in 6 months.

Got any stats to back up that probably?

By saying probably, you are in fact saying that it is more than likely to be a false positive.

I'd like to see some proof in the way of stats to back up that claim.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I've watched a whole documentary and from what I could understand. There is no world standard test.
I watched a whole a documentary that said Bigfoot was real.

Do you know why all the picture of Bigfoot are fuzzy? because Bigfoot is fuzzy. He's an Ancient Alien that warps light.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Jews have shape-shifted themselves into harmless little old people, hiding their horns (“they are very clever”)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

There are false positives and false negatives for many diagnostic tests, not just for HIV. Falling CD4 levels in the blood is a good indication.

It's not just a problem for HIV. In my industry, the farmers and natural resource people are crying for better tests against a bacteria that can decimate fish stocks. It's called Renibacterium salmonarum, and it causes a disease called bacterial kidney disease. Standard tests like cell culture can take many weeks, as the bacteria is very slow to culture.

There's been a lot of work put into ring testing the various methods of detecting the bacteria. Ring testing just means that many different labs test the procedures, to develop robust procedures. The problem is that some tests may be better for specificity but not for sensitivity. So the procedures have situations where some are more optimal than others.

That's just reality. It's not often that we can have a perfect test that produces perfect results, at least not for biological systems.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There are false positives and false negatives for many diagnostic tests, not just for HIV. Falling CD4 levels in the blood is a good indication.

It's not just a problem for HIV. In my industry, the farmers and natural resource people are crying for better tests against a bacteria that can decimate fish stocks. It's called Renibacterium salmonarum, and it causes a disease called bacterial kidney disease. Standard tests like cell culture can take many weeks, as the bacteria is very slow to culture.

There's been a lot of work put into ring testing the various methods of detecting the bacteria. Ring testing just means that many different labs test the procedures, to develop robust procedures. The problem is that some tests may be better for specificity but not for sensitivity. So the procedures have situations where some are more optimal than others.

That's just reality. It's not often that we can have a perfect test that produces perfect results, at least not for biological systems.

Common sense and science cannot penetrate tinfoil;-)
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science - YouTube