"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Reactions: taxslave and petros

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Doug Ford’s Progressive Conservatives have returned to a double-digit lead over the Ontario Liberals in provincial voting intentions, after a strong first week of the election campaign, according to a new Leger/Postmedia poll released Wednesday. Not that any poll matters except the one on election day after the votes are counted.

Just as worrying for Liberal leader Steven Del Duca is the poll’s finding that less than half of declared Liberal voters think that he is the best choice for premier.

Despite a limp start in the days following the Tories’ pre-campaign budget, the latest poll shows overall support for the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario at 39 per cent, up three points from last week. That puts the PCs up 13 points over the Ontario Liberals, who lost the gains they had shown in last week’s poll, dropping from 29 to 26 per cent. NDP support remained at 25 per cent. The election is scheduled for June 2.
1652669719681.jpeg
Waiting another 18 days. I’ll admit that I wasn’t interested in Ontario politics whatsoever until I was told to wait for it, and I’ve still been trying to figure out the punchline for the last couple weeks….

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Doug Ford’s Progressive Conservatives have returned to a double-digit lead over the Ontario Liberals in provincial voting intentions, after a strong first week of the election campaign, according to a new Leger/Postmedia poll released Wednesday. Not that any poll matters except the one on election day after the votes are counted.

Just as worrying for Liberal leader Steven Del Duca is the poll’s finding that less than half of declared Liberal voters think that he is the best choice for premier.

Despite a limp start in the days following the Tories’ pre-campaign budget, the latest poll shows overall support for the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario at 39 per cent, up three points from last week. That puts the PCs up 13 points over the Ontario Liberals, who lost the gains they had shown in last week’s poll, dropping from 29 to 26 per cent. NDP support remained at 25 per cent. The election is scheduled for June 2.
View attachment 13773
Waiting another 18 days. I’ll admit that I wasn’t interested in Ontario politics whatsoever until I was told to wait for it, and I’ve still been trying to figure out the punchline for the last couple weeks….
Yikes I would have thought he would have lost support during Covid and protester . Shows what I know .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wait for it..
Waiting…for this?:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If the Conservatives had come up with this idiocy the Libturds would be screaming about the cost. Think about it. That means it would only cost you a buck to go from Niagara Falls to the farthest point north that Provincial transit travels. That's quite the subsidy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If the Conservatives had come up with this idiocy the Libturds would be screaming about the cost. Think about it. That means it would only cost you a buck to go from Niagara Falls to the farthest point north that Provincial transit travels. That's quite the subsidy.
Knowing the Liberals, they would not subsidize. They may expect the local municipalities to pony up the shortfall.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wait for it..
Ontario’s New Democrats are crying foul over a last-minute Liberal candidate saying it doesn’t look like they meet the requirements to run.

The NDP has repeatedly asked Elections Ontario to investigate the eligibility of Audrey Festeryga, the Liberal candidate in Chatham-Kent–Leamington.

Now they are asking that she be removed from the ballot and prosecuted for “submitting false or misleading information to a Returning Officer.”

According to the NDP, Festeryga allegedly used signatures collected by the previous candidate who was dropped at the last minute.

Liberal leader Steven Del Duca dropped Alec Mazurek as the local candidate over past social media comments on May 12, the last day to register as a candidate. They then chose Festeryga as the candidate and registered her before the 2 p.m. deadline.

But the NDP maintain she and the party are playing fast and loose with the rules.

A “Liberal Party” in Canada playing fast and loose with the rules? Say it isn’t so!!

“I have not met nor heard of Audrey Festergya until I learned that my signature is on her forms,” Chatham resident Mike Brown said in a statement to the NDP that was submitted to Elections Ontario.

According to letters sent by the NDP’s legal counsel to Elections Ontario, the signatures submitted by Festeryga in support of her candidacy were actually the signatures submitted for Mazurek. They point to the fact that they are dated May 11, that they are witnessed by Mazurek and that the signatures provided to Elections Ontario are photocopies.

The rest at the above LINK….

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wait for it..
So…o’criptic one. Wait for what?

The 30 days until the ON Prov Election? Fall out from the 50 year old Wade vs Roe decision in the US and how that will be used as a bogeyman for deflection in Canadian politics? Could you be even remotely specific in your wisdom and prognostication?
You could just answer instead of drive by smears with no substance or empty comments where we have to try and guess ourselves what you might possibly mean…

Is this what we’re waiting for? it’s not a $16 glass of orange juice but maybe….?
You’re only attempted at clarification that I’ve seen recently is the comment “Do your homework…Bro” & I’m try’n….

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yet another fake headline from the forum's ALT-left propagandist. Not sure where he got the idea it was a "massive hit" other than in his deluded little mind.
Can't be that "massive" of a hit with voters when the Liberals are trailing the Conservative by more than 10 points.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wait for it..
Waiting…?
Again, the only poll that counts is the one on Election Day which Provincially for Ontario is tomorrow.

Doug Ford’s main challengers, who couldn’t be bothered to produce platforms with more than a thin wisp of differentiation between them, instead ran tabloid campaigns.

They dug up competing candidates’ old social media posts and outfitted press conference sets with prop gravy tins and toy trains. They shouted about abortion laws and gun control, two issues which premiers have little to no control over, while failing to deliver innovative solutions for housing or health care. They didn’t even bother campaigning for younger Ontarians’ support.

It also comes down to cynicism. At a pivotal time when voters are eager for real conversations about real issues, Liberal leader Steven Del Duca and NDP leader Andrea Horwath prioritized political gameplay and headline-grabbing stunts. They insulted voters’ intelligence and often acted entitled to their support. It’s no wonder many exhausted Ontarians tuned out.

Unless something entirely unexpected happens, neither the Liberals nor NDP will win this election. Polls have remained remarkably consistent since early May and they predict a likely second PC majority.

The rest at either the above link or the Election results tomorrow.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The latest polls have Doug Ford gaining ground. His campaign has been smooth and simple and low risk. Seems to be working (assuming the polls can be believed).

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The latest polls have Doug Ford gaining ground. His campaign has been smooth and simple and low risk. Seems to be working (assuming the polls can be believed).
Wait for it….whatever ‘it’ is….

I have to admit that normally I couldn’t give a flying fart about Ontario provincial politics but that one statement has had me following it just out of curiosity to see whatever ‘it’ is that I’m suppose to be waiting for.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Wait for it….whatever ‘it’ is….

I have to admit that normally I couldn’t give a flying fart about Ontario provincial politics but that one statement has had me following it just out of curiosity to see whatever ‘it’ is that I’m suppose to be waiting for.
The big Liberal majority which exists in Flossy's mind only.