Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,869
867
113
Morgan Wallen abandons tour plans amid N-word controversy
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Apr 13, 2021 • 10 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Country music star Morgan Wallen.
Country music star Morgan Wallen. PHOTO BY JOHN SHEARER /handout
Article content
Morgan Wallen has abandoned his summer tour plans to focus on rebuilding his reputation after an N-word drama earlier this year.

The country star was caught on camera using the racist slur during a night out with friends, prompting hundreds of radio station bosses to stop playing his music.


Wallen quickly apologized and then urged fans to stop standing up for him, insisting what he said was regretful and disgusting.

Now he has pulled out of a tour with Luke Bryan and cancelled a run of festival dates, while asking his devotees not to bail on the gigs just because he won’t be part of them.

“It’s important to me personally, if you can, still go to these shows – support country music,” he pens in a lengthy hand-written letter posted on social media. “Country music is back and that’s a beautiful thing.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

“I have felt a lot of love lately from so many people I haven’t gotten to know yet,” he adds. “I know my corner hasn’t been the most popular one to stand in recently, but many of you did anyway. I’ve made some mistakes, I’m figuring those out, + I apologized because I was truly sorry + have been making amends.


“I wanted to let you guys know that I’ve taken a couple months away + feel like I’ve really worked on myself. I’m proud of the work I’ve put in + in many ways thankful to have had the time to do it. I needed this time off.”

The Sand in My Boots singer concludes the letter with, “My story is far from over and getting back out to see y’all is all I can think about. So just know you’ll be seeing me sooner than later.”
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,869
867
113
White officer who shot and paralyzed Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wis., returned to duty
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Steve Gorman
Publishing date:Apr 13, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
In this social network video released on by his lawyer Ben Crump, Jacob Blake delivers a message from a hospital bed in Kenosha, Wis., on Sept. 5, 2020.
In this social network video released on by his lawyer Ben Crump, Jacob Blake delivers a message from a hospital bed in Kenosha, Wis., on Sept. 5, 2020. PHOTO BY @ATTORNEYCRUMP TWITTER ACCOUNT /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
A white policeman cleared of criminal wrongdoing after shooting an African-American man in the back last August in Kenosha, Wisconsin, igniting deadly protests that helped stoke a summer of U.S. racial tensions, has been returned to duty.

Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis said in a statement posted on Tuesday that officer Rusten Sheskey was back from administrative leave as of March 31, after an internal review found him to “have been acting within policy,” and would face no discipline.


In January, Wisconsin prosecutors cleared Sheskey of any criminal charges in the Aug. 23, 2020, shooting that left Jacob Blake paralyzed and became a major flashpoint in nationwide protests for racial justice following the George Floyd killing months earlier in Minneapolis.

The Kenosha County district attorney concluded Sheskey acted in self-defence while responding to a domestic dispute and shooting Blake seven times at close range from behind.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Investigators found that Blake was armed with a knife and had resisted arrest, withstanding multiple Taser shots before he was gunned down.

The shooting unfolded in the presence of Blake’s young children.

Blake sued Sheskey in federal court in Wisconsin last month, seeking unspecified damages for his injuries and a “substantial sum” in punitive damages.


Two other officers who were likewise cleared of criminal wrongdoing for their role in the arrest and shooting were returned to full duty last July, after their actions were found to be reasonable and justified, police said then.

“Although this incident has been reviewed at multiple levels, I know that some will not be pleased with the outcome,” Chief Miskinis said. “However, given the facts, the only lawful and appropriate decision was made.”

It was not immediately clear whether Sheskey was placed back on patrol duty.

Protests broke out last summer in response to viral cellphone video that showed Blake walking around the front of his car with Sheskey following him and opening fire after Blake opened the door to the vehicle.

But investigators have said the video was incomplete, failing to reveal that Blake was armed with a knife and that he had resisted arrest when police tried to detain him on a felony arrest warrant.

The shooting of Blake attracted a mix of civil rights demonstrators, anarchists and right-wing militias last summer to Kenosha, a city of 100,000 people between Milwaukee and Chicago.

At the height of those protests, teenager Kyle Rittenhouse opened fire with a rifle, killing two men and wounding another. Rittenhouse was charged with first-degree reckless homicide and five other criminal counts.
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,869
867
113
Windsor police caught in crossfire of social media confusion over Virginia arrest
Author of the article:Taylor Campbell
Publishing date:Apr 13, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
U.S. Army 2nd Lieutenant Caron Nazario raises his hands at a gas station during a violent traffic stop by Windsor, Virginia police officers Joe Gutierrez (L) and Daniel Crocker in a still image from Crocker's body camera taken in Windsor, Virginia, U.S. Dec. 5, 2020.
U.S. Army 2nd Lieutenant Caron Nazario raises his hands at a gas station during a violent traffic stop by Windsor, Virginia police officers Joe Gutierrez (L) and Daniel Crocker in a still image from Crocker's body camera taken in Windsor, Virginia, U.S. Dec. 5, 2020. PHOTO BY WINDSOR VIRGINIA POLICE VIA REUTERS /Windsor Star
Article content
Windsor police communications officers have been busy dealing with unwarranted backlash on Twitter in recent days after footage of a violent traffic stop in a Virginia town by the same name surfaced online.

The local law enforcement agency has replied to more than 100 angry tweets that tagged @WindsorPolice but condemned the actions of American officers with the Windsor Police Department — not the local Windsor Police Service — who were seen on video using pepper spray and pointing their guns at a Black Army officer before pushing him to the ground during a traffic stop in December of 2020.

YouTube celeb Jake Paul accused of sexual assault by TikTok star
Trackerdslogo
“On Friday our service noticed via our social media accounts that we were getting tagged very, very often in relation to an incident in a town called Windsor, which is located in Virginia,” Windsor police spokesperson Const. Talya Natyshak told the Star on Tuesday. “The posts definitely involved a lot of misdirected hate and frustration.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Social media works very fast
That’s when Windsor police began replying to the posts, she said.

In each reply to Twitter users who mistakenly tagged Windsor police instead of the American police department involved in the incident, Windsor police said the same thing:

U.S. Army 2nd Lieutenant Caron Nazario holds up his hands before being sprayed with a chemical agent by Windsor police officer Joe Gutierrez during a violent traffic stop at a gas station in a still image from Gutierrez’s body camera taken in Windsor, Virginia, U.S. December 5, 2020.
U.S. Army 2nd Lieutenant Caron Nazario holds up his hands before being sprayed with a chemical agent by Windsor police officer Joe Gutierrez during a violent traffic stop at a gas station in a still image from Gutierrez’s body camera taken in Windsor, Virginia, U.S. December 5, 2020. PHOTO BY WINDSOR VIRGINIA POLICE VIA REUTERS /Windsor Star
“We would like to let you know that you have tagged our Police Service which is located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. We would politely ask you to correct this tweet. We believe you have mistakenly tagged us. Thank you!”

Many of the heated tweets that tagged @WindsorPolice have since been deleted by their authors, however many others remain online. Natyshak said several Twitter users apologized to the Windsor Police Service through direct messages, as well as through Twitter replies. Other social media users even started to correct each other on the behalf of Windsor police.

Although Windsor police are occasionally mistakenly tagged in posts meant for law enforcement agencies in the United Kingdom, Natyshak said this incident has incited more erroneous tags involving the force than any other she’s seen.

The Windsor Police Service’s Twitter account description specifies the force is located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

“Social media works very fast,” Natyshak said. “Take your time, especially if you’re tagging anyone. (Make) sure that you’re tagging the correct person or business.”

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Windsor Police headquarters on Chatham Street East is seen in this Jan. 5 file photo.
Windsor police investigate more swastikas on signs in city
Windsor Police Service insignia on a vehicle.
Seven charged in Windsor police drug bust
Windsor Police Service logo.
Police investigate early-morning stabbing in downtown area

During the traffic stop in Virginia, two officers, Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker, reportedly believed 2nd Lt. Caron Nazario was missing a licence plate on his new vehicle when they pulled him over.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Video from the officers’ body cameras and Nazario’s cell phone show Nazario asking for several minutes why he’d been pulled over while the two police officers point their guns at his vehicle. They then approach, yelling at him to get out of the vehicle. He continues to ask why he was pulled over and has his hands sticking out of his open window. Then, an officer uses pepper spray on him before he exits the vehicle and is pushed to the ground.

One of the two American officers involved in the incident, Gutierrez, has since been fired, the Town of Windsor announced Sunday. The state’s attorney general has requested more information from the town’s police.

tcampbell@postmedia.com

twitter.com/wstarcampbell

U.S. Army 2nd Lieutenant Caron Nazario is treated by an ambulance crew while handcuffed after being sprayed with a chemical agent by Windsor police officer Joe Gutierrez at a gas station during a violent traffic stop in a still image from officer Daniel Crocker’s body camera taken in Windsor, Virginia, U.S., December 5, 2020.
U.S. Army 2nd Lieutenant Caron Nazario is treated by an ambulance crew while handcuffed after being sprayed with a chemical agent by Windsor police officer Joe Gutierrez at a gas station during a violent traffic stop in a still image from officer Daniel Crocker’s body camera taken in Windsor, Virginia, U.S., December 5, 2020. PHOTO BY WINDSOR POLICE VIA REUTERS /Windsor Star
1618449416231.png1618449563770.png1618449485193.png1618449275401.png
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,869
867
113
Chicago releases graphic video of police shooting 13-year-old boy
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Brendan O'Brien
Publishing date:Apr 15, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 3 minute read • 13 Comments
Chicago cops give medical treatment to 13-year-old Adam Toledo after shooting him.
Chicago cops give medical treatment to 13-year-old Adam Toledo after shooting him. PHOTO BY VIDEO SCREEN GRAB /Chicago Civilian Office of Police Accountability
Article content
CHICAGO — Chicago officials on Thursday released to the public a graphic body-camera video showing a policeman shooting and killing a 13-year-old boy while he appeared to be raising his hands in an alley more than two weeks ago.

The nine-minute video from Chicago officer Eric Stillman’s body camera showed the 34-year-old white policeman getting out of his squad car and running after Adam Toledo in an alley at 2:30 a.m. on March 29 in Little Village, a Mexican neighborhood on the city’s West Side.


The video then showed Stillman yelling “stop” to Toledo before he caught up to him and ordered him to show him his hands. Toledo appeared to raise his hands right before Stillman fired one shot and then immediately ran to the boy as he fell to the ground.

“Shots fired, shots fired. Get an ambulance over here now,” the policeman is heard saying in the video.

“Stay with me, stay with me” Stillman said. “Somebody bring the medical kit now!”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

The Chicago Police Department said immediately following the incident that Toledo had a gun in his hand.

The department released part of the same video on its website on Thursday. On it, the department placed an arrow on a still frame, pointing to what appeared to be a handgun in Toledo’s right hand before Stillman opened fire.

WATCH THE VIDEO (Warning, disturbing content)

“838 milliseconds between gun shown in hand and single shot,” the police department said in a caption. An attorney for the family, Adeena Weiss Ortiz, said during a news conference after the release of the video that Toledo complied with Stillman’s orders, dropped his weapon and turned around before the officer opened fire.

“I don’t know if the officer had enough time or not. All I know is the officer is trained to not shoot an unarmed individual,” she said.

Ortiz also said the Toledo family found some solace and comfort to see the video of their son in his last moments.

“They want justice for Adam, whatever that may entail,” she said. “This is a very close, tight-knit Hispanic family. All of those who lived with him adored this child.”

About 5 minutes and 30 seconds into the video, the officer shines a flashlight on a handgun feet from where officers worked frantically to save Toledo’s life, giving him CPR.


Officers were chasing Toledo and a 21-year-old man after they received notification of eight shots fired in the area, the department said. The other man was arrested.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“There were a number of forces that met up at two-thirty in the morning on March 29 in an alley, and, simply put, we failed Adam,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said during a news conference before the video was released.

The city’s Civilian Office of Police Accountability also released some 33 data files, including other police body camera videos, footage from nearby security cameras and documents related to the incident. One of the documents identified Stillman, who has been on the force for six years, as the officer who shot and killed Toledo.

The incident, along with Sunday’s fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright in a Minneapolis suburb and the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in the May 2020 death of George Floyd, has raised tensions in Chicago.

“Chicago, as well as way too many parts of our country, has a long legacy of police violence and police misconduct that have left far too many residents, especially those who are Black and brown, in a constant state of fear and pain,” Lightfoot said.

City officials urged people to remain calm as they prepared for civil unrest following the release of the video footage. They said more police officers and city equipment would be in place to protect businesses during any unrest.

Like some other American cities, Chicago experienced riots and looting after Floyd’s death, which was also caught on video.

Toledo’s family said in a statement released to local media that they appreciated the support they had received from the community and were grateful that protests in Chicago over the last few days remained peaceful.

“We pray that for the sake of our city, people remain peaceful to honor Adam’s memory and work constructively to promote reform,” the family said.
1618539725030.png
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
23,979
1,879
113
People are going feral from drugs.
From both the psychotics AND the anti psychotics...
Oo
Funny that...

money is a drug too

 

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
12,882
486
83
Toronto, ON
Poor job explaining why she is still Marxist while flashing cash, "I see it as my family's money as well"

It's not a poor job. Its no job. She didn't explain it at all. Every capitalist she despises is also doing it for their family too. Everybody is. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is she following Marxism which follows a more common good approach. This makes her a hypocrite plain and simple.
 

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
23,979
1,879
113

Facebook and Instagram Block Users From Sharing NY Post Report on BLM Co-Founder’s Multi-Million-Dollar Property Purchases​


Facebook and Instagram are censoring users from sharing a New York Post report regarding the luxury homes purchased by Black Lives Matter Co-founder, Patrisse Khan-Cullors, in predominantly white neighborhoods.

The article was published on April 10 and states that Cullors had purchased “four high-end homes for $3.2 million” in the United States since 2016.

She had also looked into purchasing a residence in the Bahamas at an ultra-exclusive resort where Justin Timberlake and Tiger Woods both have homes, according to the report.

The Post learned that apartments and townhouses at the beachfront Albany resort outside Nassau are priced run from $5 million to $20 million.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose