Best Concert You Ever Attended?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Who and when?

I saw U2 in 1987 at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. They were at the top of their game. It was almost like a religious experience...66,000 people all singing in unison.

Saw Simple Minds in Ottawa ''85. Another solid show from a band in their prime.

BB King...Van Halen...The Posies...

So what notable bands have you seen? Who on this forum goes back the furthest with a rock 'n roll concert story? :)

The Posies put on an incredible live performance back in the early 90's. Still on of my fave bands to this day!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Aaah...Raffi!

Damn! I screwed up this thread trying to post a Youtube video!

I'M SHORRY!!!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Led Zepplin, Montreal Forum, around 1970. First time they ever saw tens of thousands of liters fire up at the end of their set. They ended up coming back to do 3 half hour encores. I thought the Forum would collapse from everybody bang on the chairs at the end of it all. Next was Joe Cocker, same Forum. It was packed and not one person was sitting down. Every last one was dancing. The energy was unbelievable.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I still have my U2 Joshua Tree t-shirt I bought at the Forum on concert night in 1987. Wonder if it's worth a buck or 2...it's 30 years old now.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
World Canadian Music festival CNE stadium, Toronto. july 2 1979,
Aerosmith, The Nuge, Johnny Winters, the Ramones, Nazarath, Goddo, Moxie

We had grabbed some Magnetic pepsi beer can wrapper labels, and put them on our beers, and they let us in with them and the cooler, while dumping everyone else's booze on the ground at the entrance!
:)
Best part: I am in the picture I just found with my beer!
( Ted Nugent was actually the best of show that day...by far the most energy on stage I have ever seen...and as a sound tech, I have seen a lot of stages)

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Bonnie Raitt - August 1990

Bonnie put on the concert of her life when she honored the great Stevie Vaughan who was killed in a crash just the night before. This was at the Minnesota State Fair. She cried on stage three times when she spoke of him and the great influence he had in her musical career.

I will NEVER forget that show as long as I live.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Chanticleer, at the Flato theatre in Markham. I'm thinking 2011 or 2012. Absolutely exquisite a Capella singing.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Its always the last one for me.

Last night we listened to some blues live in a barn, summer evening, great friends, great musicians. Best ever. Til next time.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It's funny, when you take local musicians and give them decent production they sound just like the pros
only their hearts are in the moment because it ISN'T just product.
:)

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
There were so many it's hard to pick one. My first concert was at Winnipeg Stadium in 1981 with Ted Nugent, Loverboy, Heart and Blue Oyster Cult being the acts. The concert started at 1 pm and went til sometime at night. The following month I saw Ozzy's Blizzard of Oz tour with Randy Rhoads.
Another favourite was KISS. Such great energy at a concert and man, there's no place louder than Joe Louis Arena when they do Detroit Rock City.
Amazingly, Aerosmith had the best sound and they were tight. Quite unlike their live recordings I heard previously. Even had some people tell me I'd be disappointed but Aerosmith were clean by then and rocked the joint.

But if I had to pick an absolute favourite, then any Alice Cooper concert. He's shows are an extravaganza. They're a concert, magic show and horror show all in one.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
I`ll say this again
"he Toronto Rock and Roll Revival was a one-day, twelve-hour music festival held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on September 13, 1969. It featured a number of popular musical acts from the 1950s and 1960s.[1] The festival is particularly notable as featuring an appearance by John Lennon and Yoko Ono, as the Plastic Ono Band, which resulted in the release of their Live Peace in Toronto 1969 album.
e originally listed performers for the festival were Whiskey Howl, Bo Diddley, Chicago, Junior Walker and the All Stars, Tony Joe White, Alice Cooper, Chuck Berry, Cat Mother and the All Night News Boys, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Little Richard, Doug Kershaw and The Doors. Kim Fowley was listed as the Master of Ceremonies.[2] Screaming Lord Sutch was later added to the bill, as was the Toronto area band FLAPPING. Prior to the addition of FLAPPING, the only local band on the bill was Whiskey Howl. The appearance of John Lennon, Yoko Ono and The Plastic Ono Band was not publicly known in advance.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
There have been several great concerts:
  • Bob Seger in Columbus, OH & Toronto
  • Queen with Adam Labart in Toronto (twice)
  • Eagles in Toronto
But the absolute best one was Bruce Springsteen @ Giants stadium in summer of 2003.