Beating up Norway real good

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
LOL, do you even know hockey? The shots on goal tell you who wanted the win. Like I said before the states just had a hot goalie tonight.

Out-working the other team isn' the same as out-playing them. The US plays were better; in goal, shots from the point, better traffic in front of Brodeur, but fewer shots. The Americans were out-worked, but not out-played.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Out-working the other team isn' the same as out-playing them. The US plays were better; in goal, shots from the point, better traffic in front of Brodeur, but fewer shots. The Americans were out-worked, but not out-played.

Right.

The last goal said it all.

Lazy millionares.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
LOL do you even know hockey? The score tells you who won.

How many hours have you spent in rinks so far this year?
Plenty. I have both played and coached for many years.
I know what the score was, Canada outplayed the states, who happened to have the better goalie tonight.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
AS the number of shots on goal attested to- why don't you critique a girl's game of Jacks?.........Goof

Shots are not what tells you who out played who.

The Leafs outshoot their opontent almost all the time....please oh please tell me that means they out play everyone.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I know what the score was, Canada outplayed the states, who happened to have the better goalie tonight.

Spoken like a typical losing minor hockey coach: we lost the game, but we sure outplayed them.

Yeah, that's why we turned over the puck, and spent our power plays passing it back and forth, and that's why our goalie fumbled it 8 times, and that's why we got those really good penalties.

We sure showed them!

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Spoken like a typical losing minor hockey coach: we lost the game, but we sure outplayed them.

Yeah, that's why we turned over the puck, and spent our power plays passing it back and forth, and that's why our goalie fumbled it 8 times, and that's why we got those really good penalties.

We sure showed them!
Come back when you learn the game. I'm done with you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Hey Risus- It's no use arguing with you. I watched the game, Brodeur was the weak link and Miller was deadly. The game was actually damn close- you can't count the 5th goal for anything, for all intents and purposed they were edged 4/3, looking back it was the first U.S. goal that killed them - it was a soft one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Hey Risus- It's no use arguing with you. I watched the game, Brodeur was the weak link and Miller was deadly. The game was actually damn close- you can't count the 5th goal for anything, for all intents and purposed they were edged 4/3, looking back it was the first U.S. goal that killed them - it was a soft one.
Yes, I agree! Brodeur was off tonight. Still a great , entertaining game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Hey Risus- It's no use arguing with someone who is brain dead. I watched the game, Brodeur was the weak link and Miller was deadly. The game was actually damn close- you can't count the 5th goal for anything, for all intents and purposed they were edged 4/3, looking back it was the first U.S. goal that killed them - it was a soft one.

The last goal showed who wanted that game more...wasn't us.

Fact.